Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

would like to talk to likeminded people, feel like im on my own
Posted by: nikki ()
Date: August 16, 2011 05:49PM

hi peeps im nicole i live in england, my family think im mad going raw,but i dont i feel sooo much better in myself, i just need to know more more more,it would be lovley to make friends to share raw life with.look forward to hearing from you xxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: would like to talk to likeminded people, feel like im on my own
Posted by: cdonavon ()
Date: August 20, 2011 10:24PM

Hi Nikki,
I'm Catherine and I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA. Congratulations on going raw. I've tried it off and on over the years, but finally got committed to it this summer and I feel great, too. You are definitely not alone and this is a great place to get support and information. There are also a lot of great books on raw foods as well as much info on the internet.

Do you live in an area where good raw products are easily available? I have the good fortune to live in a town with several health food stores and a vibrant farmers market. Right now there is such a wealth of fresh raw produce there and it is far superior to anything in the stores because it is locally grown and fresh picked. In the winter months we rely on the stores which fortunately offer a fairly good selection of organic produce year 'round.

Don't let your family deter you. My husband is not at all interested in changing his eating habits, so I cook the usual foods for him and "uncook" for myself. He is OK with it because he sees how much better I feel on a raw diet. I'm 63 but feel 20 years younger and have lots of energy. Raw foods have reduced my arthritis symptoms almost completely. I do have the support of friends who are also into raw foods and my daughter who loves to come over and sample my recipes.

I wish you luck on your journey and hope you will get lots of positive feedback and help on this site.
Catherine

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: August 25, 2011 08:27AM

Welcome, Nikki!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: polana ()
Date: November 22, 2011 11:55AM

Hi Nikki. I'm in England too - West Sussex.
I've been "raw" since june this year. My partner and I were vegans anyway, which made it easier, but he doesn't stick to the living/raw food as much as I do.
Family and friends think it's a bit bonkers, but they can't ignore the fact that I'm much healthier on this plan!
How are you getting on?
Best wishes, Poli

Posted by: gems ()
Date: December 14, 2011 01:16PM

hey! im from england too! smiling smiley from kent, living in london at the moment. ive been trying to eat mostly raw for a few months now. i feel alot better on it as i was suffereing (and still am) from digestive problems... im confident i can heal whatevers going on through raw food... as i get so much energy from eating raw!

its nice to come on this website to stay focused. no one around me is raw so i really want to stay focus and get back to health smiling smiley

WE CAN DO IT! smiling smiley

Posted by: raw artist ()
Date: August 03, 2012 11:09PM

Hi nikki, Warmest welcome to you. I was vegetarian, then vegan and now raw. I've tried to be 100% raw several times before getting it. It takes time sometimes but don't give up and never stop trying. It 's well worth it. It's good that you want to learn more about raw foods, I do too. Hang in there and I'm glad you found us!!!!

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:37PM

Hey girl!!!!! you are not alone !!! Raw food is smart logical balanced and perfect! people that say otherwise are not taking the time to read information and LISTEN to the truths that are so obvious. You got this girl!

Posted by: dschare ()
Date: January 22, 2014 02:16AM

Im fairly new here too. My decision to go raw was due to medical issues, but this site is friendly and easy to scout on.. look around, encouragement is everywhere!

Blessed be!

Posted by: misterh ()
Date: April 26, 2019 03:53PM

Hey Nikki, all good fam. You are not alone here. Keep on your journey and see what this path will take you to. Best of luck to ya!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables