Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Amazing Detox Incident
Posted by: banJoe ()
Date: January 09, 2012 01:21PM

I've been raw vegan for 12 days & I've been experiencing quite a bit of the normal detox maladies though at times they are rather acute and/or gross.

Until yesterday afternoon. As I was preparing for work, I noticed the tip of one of my fingers was a bit orange in color. Didn't think too much of it but while I was working I kept smelling cigarette smoke odors. Which is VERY odd because I haven't smoked for TEN years and every place I deliver to is non smoking. It was so bad at one point that I was sniffing & digging all around the cab of my truck to see if someone hid some old cigarette butts in there. Nothing. Around mid shift, I washed up and saw that 2 of my fingers were very orangish-yellow, so I did what any guy would do. I sniffed them. PEEEUUWW!! Cigarette smoke!!

I had smoked for 23 years but quit TEN (10!) years ago. But now, after finally going raw, my system has a chance to purge that stuff out. Amazing!!

I'm a believer!!
(yes, I tried to wash/scrub the stench away, it only returns w/in 30 minutes)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Amazing Detox Incident
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 13, 2012 05:26PM

that is pretty wild isnt it .. sure makes you wonder what is locked in the fat stores of your bodies smiling smiley

glad you got to experience this even if it drove ya nuts for a bit smiling smiley thanks for sharing that !! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: silvcort262 ()
Date: May 21, 2014 05:56PM

Wow! Thats so un heard of! Glad u r detoxing!thanks for sharing

Posted by: dschare ()
Date: July 21, 2014 03:46AM

Down some lemon water. Using the lemon peel on your hands may also help some..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables