Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Healing sport injury with fasting
Posted by: sgc ()
Date: January 16, 2013 01:14PM

I wonder if anyone has any experience in healing sport injury with fasting. If so, can you tell what you did?

Personally, about 2 weeks ago, I was training on bars with a friend, and tried out something he showed me I shouldn't have, and injured my right chest in the upper part on the parallel bars. Not very happy camper, I couldn't do much after that.

It has been 8 years now that I eat 100% raw, low fat, and I do sports regularly since young age.

At the beginning I thought it was on the muscle, and thought it would take a few days to go away, but after almost a week, I was still the same, nothing changed, and I wasn't happy. Clearly, it was not muscle but tendon I must have ripped in the upper part of the chest, just below the shoulder.

So I decided to take a break, and try to fast for at least a couple days, just to see what can happen. And just at the end of the first day, I could feel the pain area getting smaller, on the second day it was significantly smaller, and the day after I started eating again later in the day. I was happy to be getting better, but after two days, again, no improvements, nothing changed....

So, I went back to fasting again, for more than 2 days again, and at the end of the first day, I could go back on the bars and do some leg raises with no pain. The day after, I could do push ups, no problems, and in the afternoon I went to the bars to do pull ups, loops etc, just about the same than before. I only avoided the parallel bars, and kept it under max I could do, just not to overdo it straightaway.

But I was amazed how after a few days of fasting, the healing process on the injury went on so fast. No I'm a happy camper. Of course, one can say it is just timing, but honestly, after the first week, I was really desperate for it not to go away, and the first two days fasting were the first and only ones when I felt some improvements. Not even talking on the last days fasting where it all went away.

So, if anyone has similar experience, please share.

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Healing sport injury with fasting
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:43PM

less is more yes yes, less is more......
I have found this in the way that, as I quit eating fat, and reduce my diet down to just nutrient rich foods, like greens, juices, smoothies. My body will heal things that didn't heal for years. fat is a big blocker! Pure fasting will definitely do miracles !!!!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 09, 2013 01:10AM

hey sgc

that is freaking AWESOME!!

thanks for sharing

hope you are continuing your sports with no obstacles

keep us updated

Posted by: taylor123 ()
Date: March 02, 2014 04:57PM

Wow this is what I'm looking for for myself.

Can you guys look at my post?

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

What type of fasting are you guys referring to? Gerson?

Posted by: KellyEverson ()
Date: September 25, 2014 06:52AM

I have found a similar reference for this thread. Yes It can be done
[rawfoodrehab.ning.com]

There is another point I would love to mentioned about Anti Inflammatory Diet
One of the first things you can do to reduce inflammation is to consider removing foods from your diet that are thought to cause inflammation. The most inflammatory foods are the foods with the highest risk of sensitivity and allergy. it will also provide the minerals, vitamins, essential fatty acids, protective phytonutrients and dietary fiber that our body needs. Find more in detail here [www.consumerhealthdigest.com]

Posted by: misterh ()
Date: April 26, 2019 03:51PM

I can add on another testimonial for fasting as a way of healing. I do self marathons and when I found my knees had a soreness beyond just running too much, besides resting I decided to do a water fast too.
The human body is amazing when we work with it not against it with putting crap in our bodies. Congrats on finding your groove!smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables