Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How raw foods helped me come alive again
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: February 26, 2007 03:06PM

Hej,

I am a 23 and had my first experience with raw veganism when I was 20. If someone tells me how to post photos, I will show you the INSANE transfomation in only 6 months. I went from 96 kilos to 55-56 in 8 months and I am 174 cms. I should note that I lost about 30 kilos before going raw, and I was only raw the final 2 months. I had a great work-out routine and ate relatively healthy though.

I went back to cooked unvegan food, and gained a bit of the weight back, staying between 60-65 kilos. Because I am very sensitive to sugar (sucrose), gluten, and have trouble digesting meat, I have returned to the raw vegan lifestyle and it suits me very well. I would consider myself 95% raw (I can't give up my afternoon cuppa tea).

The reasons I quit the first time is because I was foolish and used it mostly as a weight loss method. I didn't get enough vitamins, and thus became tired and unbalanced. I also felt if I continued losing weight so quickly, I would hurt myself or perhaps suffer symptoms of anorexia. After 2 more years of cooked, I became more educated on getting proper nutrition while being raw. I have more energy now than ever, my mind is still finctional (not dizzy or confused like in detox), I am a university student and I also work part-time as a mailman (2-3 days a week), not to mention I train with weights and long distance running.

The reason I am posting is to share that this major symptoms I have had went away completely while being raw:

I had extrememly itchy skin due to my sugar sensitivity. This is now completely gone.
I use to suffer insomnia and now I sleep regularly and wake up with so much energy, it almost irritates my tired, coffee-guzzling friends.
My skin shines and my eyes are clear and open wider.
I no longer have digestion problems (no more "meat farts" or diarrhea :p)
I used to suffer with severe kidney problems (renal and pre-renal kidney failure), but now that I am getting vitamins from sources my body can absorb them from at the same time as low protein, my body is thriving.

Other things I have noticed being raw:
My sense of smell has become extremely sharp. This happened both times I started being raw, about 2 weeks into it. It was also very sudden, like a BANG I can smell EVERYTHING! This can be both good and bad, but I think it is a good sign on health. As for my other senses, they have always been good so I haven't noticed much change.
Sex drive has gone up!! (Thank you pumpkin seeds!!)
I feel alive. I feel I can enjoy my day and don't have guilt, depression, or anxiety/panic attacks anymore. (I still get sad sometimes, mind you, but not for longer than the moment. It is not the depression I had suffered my whole life, on medication since age 8, frequent hospital stays for suicide and post-traumatic stress)
It is an amazing feeling to be able to feel worth the health I have.
I wish I could share this happiness with everyone. smiling smiley

I think this way of eating, when done properly, has amazing benefits. I am glad that I discovered raw veganism and I can't see any reason for me to turn back now.

Glad to be a part of this forum now!!
And pls someone teach me how to post photos!
lots of love from Sweden;

xxpeisi

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How raw foods helped me come alive again
Posted by: greenpeach ()
Date: March 05, 2007 12:23AM

Thank you so much for your story about raw veganism, Peisi - I have lifelong depression and guilt and anxiety, too. It is so very heartening to hear your happy revolutionary experience.

No! Don't turn back...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 14, 2007 06:03AM

Loved your message here. I am just starting the raw vegen diet, way of life. I was looking for a forum like this where I can see more value in life. I almost lost mine due to bad eating habits. I am 43 now, and I want to be alive, as you describe..thank you.
John

Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: June 16, 2007 07:05PM

Just wanted to share my new recipe for RAW Organic White Chocolate Cake/Pie! This is a sneak preview of my new NATIONAL RAW ORGANIC FOOD TV SHOW SERIES! It is called RAW ORGANIC SAVING THE PLANET with Bryan Au it is based on my best selling raw organic recipe book RAW IN TEN MINUTES, my new instructional DVDs, new Eco Bamboo Organic Clothing line and more!

[www.RawInTen.com] is my website

[youtube.com] Is the Pilot Episode the actual series will be even better with exotic ECO RAW Travel, spas, chefs, restaurants and celebrities all around the world!smiling smiley

Bryan Au

Date: July 28, 2007 12:52AM

Peisi, that is a great story!
I do hope you decide to stick to those wonderful habbits, as you learned from experience that they do you so much good grinning smiley after all, each day is a choice, every day you make a choice to go raw or not.

Take care

Date: August 08, 2007 03:50AM

I just started Raw b/c I turned 30 and felt I needed a change. I felt tired, depressed, lazy,angry u name it b/c i was not eating well or exercising even though i was vegetarian. I just started and I do want to change the way I look. I'd love to drop like 40lbs.

I feel great more energy and happy and full of life and love exercising and really motivated.

I have though been experiencing a ton of gas????????? Will this subside or do i need to detox. I would like to detox the previous years of fast food on my body.

I am starting to feel hungrier at night??

I have been feeling maybe a little bouts of tiredness or unbalance, low blood sugar????My fear is making sure im getting what I need so I can do this right and not quit.

I got a rash so Im thinking my body need a serious detox???

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 08, 2007 05:03AM

RAWSIS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just started Raw b/c I turned 30 and felt I
> needed a change. I felt tired, depressed,
> lazy,angry u name it b/c i was not eating well or
> exercising even though i was vegetarian. I just
> started and I do want to change the way I look.
> I'd love to drop like 40lbs.

amen .. havent we all felt what yer feeling !!

>
> I feel great more energy and happy and full of
> life and love exercising and really motivated.

isnt it great? smiling smiley
>
> I have though been experiencing a ton of
> gas????????? Will this subside or do i need to
> detox. I would like to detox the previous years of
> fast food on my body.

do a search on here or google food combining ...if i can find the link here i will post it but what is most likely going on is like all of us when we started were throwing things down our hatch that 1. we arent used to eating so much fresh fruit and veggies and 2. bad combinations produce gas *both ends* !! lol

>
> I am starting to feel hungrier at night??

try eating more leafy greens and some vege/fruit fats for more satisfied feeling .. were used ot feeling stuffed from so much potatoes and pasta an rice and meat and ugggg ..

>
> I have been feeling maybe a little bouts of
> tiredness or unbalance, low blood sugar????My fear
> is making sure im getting what I need so I can do
> this right and not quit.

eating more sweet fruits will boost your feelings ..this is when you get spacey and unbalanced youre not getting enough fruit carb energy .. start eating yer bananaas and stuff .. get lots of variety its too easy to get bored eating the same apples.oranges.bananas all day smiling smiley

>
> I got a rash so Im thinking my body need a serious
> detox???

probably smiling smiley

rawsis smiling smiley to answer some of your questions...

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 14, 2007 06:03PM

You've inspired me to go raw!

Thanks so much for sharing your story,peisi!

vegetables

Posted by: karriebean ()
Date: November 12, 2007 08:03AM

yea!!

xoxo

~karrie

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: January 13, 2008 06:08AM

thankyou for sharing your success story and encouraging me.

Date: March 27, 2008 12:11AM

Do you think going Raw will cause you to drop weight fast? I have been thinking about going raw for sometime. I would love to try the raw white chocolate dessert.

Date: May 16, 2008 12:25PM

a great story,

very inspiring!

Thank you and best Regards

Date: October 12, 2008 01:26PM

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm new to the raw diet, too. In the last month I've seen an increase in energy, yet there is a new calmness in my life. It's amazing! I was always hungry and never felt satisfied. Now I eat dark leafy greens, sprouts and other vegetables, raw nuts, and fruits. My coworkers just look and shake their heads. Frankly, I'm amazed that I haven't craved the cooked food (couldn't give up my pasta before).
My husband and I moved in this direction because I was told by an MD who is holistic that I needed to cut out all wheat, sugar, pasta, dairy products, etc. That didn't leave much. So I found the raw diet by accident. I'm really lucky that he is willing to pursue this diet with me.
I wish now that I had heard of this type of eating while my children were young. Unfortunately, now I have to convince them of the benefits without really having the power to control the situation. I'm hoping when they see the change in my health that they will take a closer look.
I'm now looking to make it more interesting with new recipes, a mandoline, and spiral slicer, etc.
Thanks for all of the encouragement that I see on this Blog.

Posted by: sunshazza ()
Date: January 18, 2009 12:09PM

Trying to get your children to eat raw can be difficult but you can start with making loads of fruit smoothies for them. They will love it! (Throw a small amount of greens in with the fruits and they will never notice).

Make sure to stock masses amounts of fruits in the house for them to stack on. That way their cravings for sweets and crisps will start to go away.

Hope this helps a little.

Date: March 01, 2009 04:31PM

<I have though been experiencing a ton of gas????????? Will this subside or do i need to detox. I would like to detox the previous years of fast food on my body.
I am starting to feel hungrier at night??
I have been feeling maybe a little bouts of tiredness or unbalance, low blood sugar????My fear is making sure im getting what I need so I can do this right and not quit.
I got a rash so Im thinking my body need a serious detox???>

YES! You need to detox/cleanse.
Check out my "Body Detoxes" page at:[www.raw-living-food-success.com]

Cleansing is your way to long-term success faster with a living food lifestyle. Visit the "How To" Transition to Raw page to find out why you need this!

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: March 28, 2009 01:31AM

This is a test to post a photo

By pasting from word

It's looking like that test did not work.

I'm trying to find out how to post photos.
I have not been successful yet.
So, now there are two of us who want to know how.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 03, 2009 07:38PM

you need to have a photobucket account and then post the url fromthe photo from there smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables