Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

has neone on here been raw for 5-10 years??
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 08, 2007 01:41AM

i was just wondering if neone on here has been 100% raw for a number of years and not had horrible digestive problems or watever,,i heard of some ther ppl having problems with rawfoods after a certain amount of time and its sortof disheartening i just wanted 2 kno if ppl hav actually done it and r in wonderful health,, NOT BEING NEGATIV HERE!! just need a success story from someone who hasnt written a book,, u kno wat i mean,, oy! lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: has neone on here been raw for 5-10 years??
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 16, 2007 01:40AM

Sure. Been all-raw for 5 or 6 years. All fruit for the past couple. I'm in the best shape of my life. Most of the all-raw long-term guys I've met are awesome! I haven't had a stomach problem since I ate meat back in the 90's! smiling smiley Just my experience.

-David Z. Maosn

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2007 12:53PM

My wife has severe problems digesting nuts and seeds, even when sprouted, dehydrated, and ground. The only beans she is able to handle when sprouted are mung beans. She will develop diarhhea, or bleeding during bowel movements for up to a week after consuming these sprouted nuts and seeds. She would like to become raw, but feels that not being able to consume these products is a major obstacle. (We are in our mid-forties, if that is relevant.)

I'm wondering if anyone else has been able to heal from any of these problems. She is a celiac, and has assorted other food sensitivities. Raw juices are too intense for her as well, especially beet and carrot juice. Some of her reactions to foods include a fast heart rate, and a "scratchy" feeling in her throat within minutes of eating a small amount of the food. Leeks are a problem, but round onions are OK.

Our children also have similar food issues. "Leaky Gut" syndrome, I believe, describes some of their symptoms, including severe emotional/behavioral changes when eating offending food products. My 4 year old daughter tried a chocolate organic Larabar and became extremely violent for about 12 hours. There seems to be a genetic component to their problems.

I would love to hear from anyone who has anything to offer regarding healing from these sensitivities. At this point, my wife and daughters are just avoiding these foods, and hoping that someday, they will cease to react to them.

Posted by: Lemure ()
Date: June 03, 2007 01:19PM

averilbaveril

The SCDiet may be the cure for what ails your family. Its worked on celiacs, bowel diseases, food intoxication, and many other things. It could easily fit into the raw diet. (I do both scd and raw). SCD limits the carbs you can eat to ones that are completely digestable. It eliminates potatoes, wheat, things like that. Its not so restrictive that its terrible to be on.

Ive been on scd for years after discovering it for a friend of mine who had bowel disease, who has since recovered.

[www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info]

Date: June 04, 2007 01:11PM

Thanks for the tip! We'll look into it!

Mark

Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: June 16, 2007 07:05PM

I have done it for more than 10 years, I wrote a raw organic recipe book RAW IN TEN MINUTES, and now have my own DVD and National RAW ORGANIC TV SHOW SERIES!

What is happening is peeople are making wrong raw foods! People just assume that becuase it says RAW ORGANIC that it automatically means it is good for you. This is a wrong assumption as people are finding out! BUT If you do the RESEARCH, read the right books and do it right you will have vibrant health, anti-age, get more energy and all the legendary benefits. I KNOW people that do it correctyly so I know it works, but in health food stores all the RAW Snacks and food are made with CASHEWS and mushrooms, date, honey and corn or nama soyu in moderation these are ok but when eaten a lot of regulary they have high mycotoxins or high glycemic and that is bad and why people have problems! You have to read Gabriel Cousens MD books CONSCIOUS EATING and The RAINBOW GREEN LIVE FOOD CUISINE then you will know: your body type, blood type, hypoglycemic, mycotoxins, what to eat according to your body/blood type and more you will know EVERYTHING! Most people have no idea what they are doing or eating although raw organic! I want people to become aware and educated...sprouts are one of the best things to eat on RAW for many reasons...there is a lot of info you have to do the research and know your body, body type, blood type and more....

More info about me:

Just wanted to share my new recipe for RAW Organic White Chocolate Cake/Pie! This is a sneak preview of my new NATIONAL RAW ORGANIC FOOD TV SHOW SERIES! It is called RAW ORGANIC SAVING THE PLANET with Bryan Au it is based on my best selling raw organic recipe book RAW IN TEN MINUTES, my new instructional DVDs, new Eco Bamboo Organic Clothing line and more!

[www.RawInTen.com] is my website

[youtube.com] Is the Pilot Episode the actual series will be even better with exotic ECO RAW Travel, spas, chefs, restaurants and celebrities all around the world!smiling smiley

Bryan Au

Date: June 28, 2007 09:24PM

I totally agree with rawbryan. I have read Cousens books and it is outstanding, he made me believe that the only way to be healthy is to go raw! Reading his book made me realize that there is a whole lot more than just going raw! I feel totally lucky to have found this book.

Posted by: alphadee00 ()
Date: July 22, 2007 03:27PM

Hi there

Interesting to see the great response to Gabriel's books. I was lucky enough to spend three weeks at the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Centre, Patagonia, Arizona, about ten years back. Gabriel did a full blood workup, lots of tests, I saw him every day, and he got me onto this path.

It took me five years to transition away totally from eating anything that has a mother, so my progress was slow.

It takes one month of totally raw to undo one year of un-raw. Gabriel doesn't always do 100% raw, and neither does David Wolfe, or Shazzie, and I guess that goes for the other leaders too. A baked potato, for example, gives social flexibility. A diet of 80% raw is as good as most of us need to go most days. The 100% raw days are great in between.

Dee

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: November 09, 2007 07:06PM

I've been mostly raw for over 5 years now. The first 4 years were a very long transition, eating anywhere between 80 and 100% raw at different times. Been about 99% raw for the last couple of years.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: September 25, 2008 07:43PM

I started raw in 1985, after reading survival in the 21st Century, and then drifted to around 70% by 1988, I started 100% raw again in 2000 for 5 years and was reminded of how great it was when I read david wolfe sunfood diet success system the first edition which is a great book. Now I follow a lower fat than was reccommended by david wolfe. I'm not alway 100% raw now but mostly,and am currently following a mixture of doug graham 811 and tonya zavasta Quantum Eating, the mixture suits me perfectly

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2008 07:46PM by Ariel55.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: September 29, 2008 02:41AM

I have a friend who has been raw for 33 years,
he has worked out most every day of those years,
and you could not be in better shape.
After I had some health issues, knowning him, I went Raw,
The reason my friend Taheem went raw "Stae Prison", the Food will give you ``cancer.
almost as fast as lighting, If you have nothing but time, and have to eat
the foods the prison system provides, you may very well get sick.
Talk about sad food, the stuff that is donated to prisons is dead twice!
So people's who are survivors, who know the big house and all its runnings,
pool their money,from their jobs one guy will buy a case of this and so on and ``then they trade raw food items.
People would be surprised to know that there are a lot of inmates slaves
that only eat raw, a matter of health and survial when you are inslaved
at one of the many U.S. Plantion Prisons.
Anyway my point after looking at my friend for all theses years, raw cant
be beat, he is in top shape never sick, Im sold!
nothing for me to wonder about with the raw food diet after looking at him and
some of his raw friends, it will substain your health for sure!

Date: March 01, 2009 04:45PM

Hey there. I have been raw for almost 10 years now and any digestion problems went away after the first 2 years because I did a lot of cleansing, and I too had access to Gabriel Cousens, as well as Dr. David Jubb, who taught me about the foods to refrain from. The hardest thing to give up for me was honey, but I finally did it! The point is, it was their teachings that allowed me to be successful right away and for 10 years. Even when you eat cooked food, it is OK as long as you have the awareness of what cooked food will not infect you with molds and take you so far off of an alkaline balance that it is hard for you to remain mostly raw. Please consider my Transition Recipes eBook that I guarantee will make your journey SOOOOOOOO much easier.

Many of these recipes were designed to be replacements for moments when you feel like resorting to traditional cooked food meals during moments of stress and what I call “overwhelm.” They are not only quick to prepare, but also quite nourishing and comforting. They will help you remain alkaline and moving towards your goal even though there are some cooked ingredients. They will be better than say just resorting to brown rice and tofu with some vegetables thrown in, and definitely better than pancakes or animal foods! This is because they all still utilize highest-quality Lifefood ingredients and do not incorporate ingredients that will unbalance you to such a degree that they jeopardize your commitment to a living food lifestyle. These foods will help sustain your new healthy lifestyle rather than threaten it.

Other recipes are fully raw but prepared in such a way to have a cooked food consistency and yet do not require hours in the kitchen.

Then there are foods that will help you guarantee that you are getting jam-packed nutrition in the easiest way: smoothies, and salads with nutritious salad dressings. Smoothies and nutrtition-packed salads should be incorporated daily both for a balanced, healthy diet and in order to help sustain your successful transition to living foods.

Finally, dehydrated food will always be one of the greatest cooked food replacements, as in some ways it is “cooked,” but a dehydrator used at a setting below 118 degrees will not destroy the nutrition of the food as an oven will.

Check it out here!: [www.thenewlifefoods.net]

Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: March 23, 2009 09:03AM

I have been 100% Raw for 2 years and was the most healthy amazing time of my life, but it did take a lot of energy, effort, time and money but I was also helping a raw food chef open his restaurant and part of payment was 100% Raw foods so that made it easy, since then I have been 90% Raw for 10 years and you have to know how to do it correctly for you, there isn't one way that fits for everyone so you have to know your body, body type, needs and there is a lot more too it, read Conscious Eating and The Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine by Gabriel Cousens MD these 2 books totally taught me EVERYTHING I needed to know on how to do RAW Correctly and he explains everyhing!

Posted by: mysbenson ()
Date: August 17, 2009 11:33PM

I have had gut healing from celiac problems using the Arise and Shine programs. The colon cleansing peels off the mucoid plaque and then Renewas and Intestinal Fortifier heal the poor tissues. Best of Luck for your wife. Mys

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables