Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Diabetes
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 28, 2007 07:28AM

I was recommended this way to live and eat when I was diagnosed with diabetes. Within 4 days of eating raw my eye sight was clear. I could not believe it. I had blurry eyesight before I went raw and its amazing!! I can see better and I feel amazing. This is coming from a meat and potato football playing All American man. Good bye meat and cooked food. Thank God I found this way to eat. My diabetes is well in check and quiet possibly in the process of being reversed. Amazing!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Diabetes
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 31, 2007 04:07AM

whoa ! very cool !!! smiling smiley keep us posted on the progress !!! =D

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 31, 2007 07:19PM

Wow that is fantastic! I recently saw the trailer for the film "30 Days Raw" in which they had 6 people with type two Diabetes convert to a 100% raw food diet. they also had remarkable results!

The link for the trailer is [youtube.com]. Hopefully films like this will put the Raw Food diet out there more for the general public. Good luck with your journey and keep us posted!

Posted by: jorgeben ()
Date: November 06, 2007 05:24AM

Inspiring video!

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: January 13, 2008 06:08AM

awesome! thanks for sharing!

Posted by: Lejla ()
Date: January 16, 2008 06:25PM

This is great! Congratulations!
Diabetes runs in my husband`s family. I really want to save him from it,( right now he is at the point when he eats one cooked meal a day which is quinoa with soy product and the other meals consist raw fruits and nuts only.)
Success sories like this, give me inspiration and hope.
Thank you
Lejla

Date: September 19, 2008 07:14PM

The same YouTube video is what convinced me to try raw food. I was developing diabetic symptoms and it terrified me! I refused to go to the doctor out of fear of what he would prescribe. So I committed to a strict raw diet for 30 days.

Not only did my blood sugar normalize perfectly, but my weight dropped 35 pounds, my vision improved, my blood pressure went down and my psoriasis began to clear up! Imagine the cocktail of drugs I would have had to take to even TRY to achieve results like that (and I doubt it would have worked).

I've since added a bit of cooked veggies (such as beans) to my diet to see if I maintain the progress I've made. If it slips, I'll be back on 100% raw.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: September 23, 2008 03:15AM

Hello Reverend Keith, the diet is truely amazing, One thing I found out.
the daily blood prick for levels is bogos, You have to go for the 90 day read out
I cant recall the name of that test A 1 Z somthing like that but its for a 3 ``month look at levels. I was told I had diabetes after testing blood level twice.
at the sme time I have daily blood work ups for other checks, talking to my new `doc I said I was a diabetic, he looked at my med records and said no you are not
diabetic, the AZ1 test shows that, for one year I thought I was a diabetic
because of a test they use on most was inacurate. Diabetes is rampart today
and a raw diet will knock out type one and two. Im happy to hear its worked for `you, I wish someone could show this to the Veterans Admin clinics, I bet if `someone out here wanted, he, she could probly get a grant out of the VA. to look `into that, need a job anyone?

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: September 28, 2008 02:13PM

A1C is the name of the test.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Date: January 11, 2009 04:49PM

I am new to this site,I have only been going raw for a week blood sugar this month was 305 without pill.will keep you posted after 4 weeks of going raw so excited dont know what to do.also if anyone lives in Georgia would like to start a support group.

Date: March 03, 2009 03:37PM

Check out the raw foods to be aware of (and cooked) that will spike your blood sugar and why on this site: [www.raw-living-food-success.com]. Quinoa is a great cooked transition food by the way. This site also has an amazing transition recipes eBook with so many awesome recipes, including the cooked food "cheat" recipes that will keep you alkaline so that you don't truly fall off of the living food wagon. It is more than worth the $14.99. There are 21 pages of incredible recipes that you will use for life. There is also a free eBook on transitioning that is really great. Check it out!

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: April 15, 2009 02:15AM

Here is a link to a description of A1C
[www.diabetes.org]

I am aware of numerous individuals who have experience profound healing from diabetes with the help of a lifestyle based on living foods.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Date: May 14, 2009 09:04AM

I too am a diabetic and am interrested in trying this way of life.The diabetes is getting severve and I too have blurry vision.I will be back after giving this a try and let yall know how it is going.

Date: May 14, 2009 01:39PM

Welcome to the world of living food, richardmagic.
I am looking forward to hearing more from you as your health progresses.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

Date: May 27, 2009 07:29AM

You should check out the book by Gabriel Cousens called There is a Cure for Diabetes. He says that soy is definitely not something that someone with blood sugar issues should eat. I cut it out entirely and feel much better.

Date: June 06, 2009 08:24PM

Wow! it quite amazing to hear such testimonies!!
Great Videos out there!!

Date: June 15, 2009 06:42PM

Hi everybody!

Fist time here, first day on raw food and need support and info on how? & what? to eat to control my blood sugar, wich was under control taking 4 pills a day.
I live in chicago, Il, is there a support group around here?
Thnks

Date: June 16, 2009 09:44PM

Hi Milda123 and welcome.

If you are looking for info, I recommend reading some books on raw food.
Also, you might like our site www.healthnvitality.com
It is filled with helpful info.

Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: June 19, 2009 08:04AM

Right on! My Friend CURED HIMSELF of Type I Diabetes that he had for 6 years, he discovered RAW Organic Food on "accident" one day and it quickly became his CURE! His new book, info, medical records and proof:

[www.TaylorHaycraft.com]

He is also a Rock or RAWCK STAR and in a band whose music is on True Blood TV SHOW and his band I WILL NEVER BE THE SAME is touring Nationwide this Summer!

Date: June 29, 2009 08:53PM

Thanks for the contact, rawbryan.

Date: March 25, 2010 10:17PM

I wonder where Nato would fall in the Cousens line of thinking. It is a really pricy item if you buy the Natokinise in a healthfood store.

For anyone who does not know, Nato is a fermented soy bean. It tastes and smells something like limberger cheese. It disolves blood clots in the body.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables