Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trying 70 percent raw & breastfeeding. Any ideas?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 13, 2008 07:36AM

Hello,

I'm trying to transition to raw right now and I have a 6 month old that I'm breastfeeding. He only gets 1 solid feeding a day of a (mild) raw fruit or vegetable.

Everything I've read about detox says to take it slow when going raw if you're breastfeeding b/c of the possibility of expelling toxins into breastmilk, etc.. I've been feeling detox symptoms myself - fatigue, rashes, anger and breathlessness. My son has also developed a runny nose and some stuffiness, as well as some crabbiness and a touch of lethargy. He's also itching the side of his face where he used to have eczema. We've got all this and I'm only doing aobut 70% raw (i.e., all raw until dinner and dinner is about half raw). I'm worried about continuing/increasing the raw in my diet right now.

I was wondering if anyone out there has transitioned to raw during breastfeeding and what kinds of experiences they've had? Also, ideas, suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you!

NJ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trying 70 percent raw & breastfeeding. Any ideas?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 13, 2008 07:41AM

Sorry, I just realize this is other health related. I"ll repost this in the appropriate space.
NJ

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables