Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fasting...
Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: May 21, 2008 01:22PM

I did some research on fasting,and am on my second day of a three day fast. I feel incredibly fatigued. Everything I do is slower and I get slighty dizzy when standing (after laying down or sitting for a while). I am a little shaky. From what I read this is normal. Does anyone have some advice on how I can make myself a little more comfortable? Does this usually pass before the fast has ended? Do you usually feel 'crappy' in waves? Yesterday I had a pounding headache in the morning, but my noon and evening I fely great. I had some incredibly lucid dreams last night, I wonder if that is because of my fast. Thanks.

PS. I think at least 5 times an hour I think about sweet juicy pinapples. That is the first thing I will eat at the end of my fast. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2008 01:24PM by Joanne81.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fasting...
Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: May 27, 2008 05:53PM

Detox--it will be easier next time, since you will be cleaner.

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: May 28, 2008 02:17AM

fasting is great for the body .i fasted up to 40 day and still felt weird stuff.the best thing you can do when you fasting is read books on fasting to get you mind in the right place. read paul bragg ,also the master fast.you can go to any public library look at book for free.i hope this helps you

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2008 11:36AM

Are you doing a water only fast or juice fast?

On water only fast, one is suggested to rest 100%. Best book to read is Fasting Can Save Your Life.

Juice fast, you shouldnt feel tired. If you do, I can think of 2 reasons..

1. juices are not fresh.

2. you need help with your bowels rolling, detox is making you feel slow.

If water fast, then you must rest and read atleast a book or two about water fasting before you go on a water fast.

Best

gup

Re: Fasting...toxins....blood.....brain.....kidneys...etc.
Posted by: happyway ()
Date: June 09, 2008 04:32PM

Hello Joanne81 -----
This is an old thread - but here's the answer to the question:
..... Whenever toxins are being cleaned out they go into the bloodstream before being eliminated by the kidneys. The blood with the toxins circulates through the whole body including the brain - hence headache. These aches can come and go at anytime according to what is stored in the cells and according to the body's methodology of cleansing and auto-digestion.
..... Unless a person has done many long fasts, eaten a pure diet for years, and lives in a jungle they will always be vulnerable to some unpleasant sensations as certain toxins are released. I have experienced rashes as well as headaches.
..... As you may already know, from your reading: fatigue, backache, & headaches are the most common and vomiting unusual. Other symptoms are also possible. Being symptom free is also possible. Juice "fasting", and other forms of detox diet are considerably slower in detox rate, but do not make one immune from suffering.
….. The body accomplishes numerous tasks during fasting, ( for example: imagine all the reorganization of millions and millions of cells that must take place when a stretched skin and colon are shrunk! - and all the nutritional reserves that are used up in the process - which limits the length of the fast - minerals in particular maybe a limiting factor, so a fast may end long before cleansing is complete in terms of eliminating toxins - thus having done one fast does not guaranty that the next one will be symptom free). When we fast we roll the dice. Energy level can vary dramatically.
..... During a period of heavy elimination it is recommended to make extra sure one is drinking enough water - perhaps temporarily increasing the amount. And of course whenever possible rest is recommended, when fasting for health reasons, so that the body can focus all it's energy on healing.
.…. Wise fasters reframe the sensations and symptoms as something to be grateful for because they are signs of cleansing and progress.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: June 09, 2008 11:31PM

as much as you are able, rest in bed with your eyes closed. best would be all day....except for some light stretching

dry brush massage your skin all over daily

scrape your tongue with the edge of an upside down spoon several times daily

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables