Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone struggling with alcohol...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 24, 2008 09:53PM

Now one month sober,never to turn back,and crediting alot of it to raw eating.
Just no physical/mental craving for it since raw.Raw is relatively new for me(since about Feb to be honest.)
Please anyone struggling with the beer (or whiskey) demon....give raw a try.
It will make a difference for sure.
Changes in body chemistry??
The simplest thing,like yard work...its all so good.
God bless.
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2008 09:54PM by Raw1228.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone struggling with alcohol...
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 25, 2008 07:50AM

Raw1228 Wrote:
----------------------------------------------------
> The simplest thing,like yard work...its all so
> good.
Good going Brian. We're all pulling for you
(and ourselves). Finding Pleasure in the commonplace, as
you have in Yard Work, is a lesson for us all. Everything
we do should be approached in the same manner. I'm working
hard on trying to enjoy Exercise.....WY

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 25, 2008 12:34PM

I'm working hard on trying to enjoy Exercise.....WY
The raw foods are such a blessing to me because they have removed the joint pains I was experiencing when I was heavy. I think its is eating some whole food natural fats, especially avocado, that have helped me eliminate joint pain to where I can exercise comfortably again. I find jogging very enjoyable and I really enjoy it, I always did until I put on 60 pounds and it was no longer comfortable to do but eating raw foods melted away the 60 pounds of flab. I have found that for exercise to "click" you have to find the one that you enjoy. Keep experimenting until you "click".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2008 12:40PM by EZ rider.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 25, 2008 02:11PM

ps, more about exercise

I just went for a good morning jog and I just thought I would describe it. This is just a personal experience so it probably won't interest anyone but me. HeHe. I jog close to my house on a quiet street that borders a college campus with houses on one side of the street and the college on the other. It is a quiet street with very little traffic (cars or people) on it. The campus maintains a beautiful garden like area next to the street with a sidewalk and flowers, scrubs, and trees landscaped for a distance of about 100 feet or so to the campus buildings. There is no parking, parking lots, or driveways on this side of the campus. It is very scenic with landscaping and then the buildings which are not easily seen because of the evergreen trees which are year around green and thick. I walk out of my front door and down the street to the corner where the campus starts a distance of about a 1/2 a block which I call a "warm up". I wear sweat pants, jogging shoes, T shirt and sometimes a sweat shirt. When I get to my start spot I ease off into a comfortable jog and the first feeling I always get is a feeling of freedom. As I continue jogging I shake loose my hands and just relax into the movement and start into the "zone" which is the period of time when the deep breathing feels so wonderful and keeps me coming back for more. After a distance of about a 1/2 mile I get to a place where I have to turn around in order to stay in the beautiful part of the campus. I turn around and jog back until I get to the corner where I started jogging. I then walk back to my house as a "cool down". I keep everything as simple and easy as possible and sometimes I go back for more jogs using an interval exercise approach to my day. Back to my post above I have found that once you have found that certain something exercise that just keeps calling you back for more then exercise becomes easy, fun, and rewarding.

Posted by: Keepitsimple3344 ()
Date: May 25, 2008 07:02PM

EZ,

I jog also and there r moments when I run as I look at the sky especially on a beautiful day and many other sites that r so special but diificult to articulate.

Date: May 25, 2008 10:17PM

Fantastic!
I perused alcohol shortly after a close friend keeled dead from a seizure in 1993,and quickly discovered it could put a balm on anything life threw you.But the last month on raw and an antidepressant I never took before has led to amazing changes.
Brian

Posted by: RawKitty ()
Date: May 27, 2008 05:11PM

Brian,

I have tears in my eyes! It's so awesome and inspiring - we are proud of you!!!!

Date: May 27, 2008 06:37PM

Thanks Rawkitty,

I have heard that the first month is the hardest.
I went 3 months back in 2003,and it was a major struggle.
But since going raw, the four weeks have passed,and I have had no desire for inebriation.Its like....why would I want to ruin the good feelings?

It did begin with a spiritual awakening in the Virginia mountains,but I have taken that all home with me to Pa.

I have read many books about alcohol abuse and diet,but most of them did promote cooked foods.Well,I feel like I want to write a book on how raw eating can maybe,once and for all,help people out there who didnt find success whilst still eating SAD.
Maybe this will end up being my path to take...to speak on behalf of this way of eating to overcome addictions.

I think my biggest regret will be that I didnt find a way out before it cost me a very dear person.
Brian

Posted by: RawKitty ()
Date: May 27, 2008 06:51PM

aww.. that's all amazing. We are all looking forward to your book on overcoming addictions with living foods! I am sorry for your pain and your loss, but you are so empowered now and on the right path. There are so many smiles ahead of you.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 27, 2008 07:53PM

Congrats, Brian! I'm sure that life will give you more great gifts to help with the pain of your losses. It always comes around for good. Sometimes we have to go through some seemingly unbearable things to really learn and grow, but then the growth is real and beautiful. Good luck on your journey and your new life!
Sundancer

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: May 28, 2008 02:12AM

Good to see that raw has helped. Seeing and feeling the progress will hopefully be an incentive to keep going forward.

The following is a post from one of the forums on curezone.com. Toward the end it specifically mentions addiction issues. Here it is in case it may be of benefit to you: Article on relationships and relationships

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 28, 2008 08:14AM

hi brian

its a brand new day for you

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: June 11, 2008 06:10PM

Congratulations! I think that is great that you stopped drinking. I think people often drink alcohol to relieve some kind of inner boredom or restlessness. There is a great deal of alcoholism in my family and I drank a fair share of it growing up (especially as a teen). In retrospect I see a trend in my life: more raw food = less alcohol consumption. Raw food is great for the spirit and I since going 100% raw drinking alcohol doesn't really fit anymore. I went out with a bunch of friends to a restaurant/bar. My husband offered to buy me a glass of wine. I was ready to accept, thinking one glass of organic wine every once in a great while is no big deal. Then I realized that I didn't even want it. I already felt an inner contentment or high on life (as cheesy at that sounds). This felt good because I know alcohol isn't good for me. smiling smiley Good luck with everything.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables