Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

profound thoughts i had today
Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: May 29, 2008 08:31AM

You know what?

It doesn't matter that there were things that happened when i was at school that i couldn't change then and i can't change now.
It wouldn't have mattered if I didn't get top marks in everything and the teachers didn't think i was wonderful.
It wouldn't have mattered if the nurses at the nursing home where i worked didn't think I was a great nurse and a hard worker.
Or if my students didn't get good marks and if other teachers didn't think i was a great teacher.

You know what else?

I doesn't matter if my daughter isn't a perfect child & it doesn't matter if she doesn't endear herself to everyone. It doesn't matter if I'm not a perfect mother. It doesn't matter if there are things I haven't thought of, if she can't read before she goes to school, if some other kid is dressed more nicely than she is.

I have stressed my poor body to it's limit. It's telling me to stop. It's telling me to give it a break. It's telling me to let it be. And to let my daughter be a kid. To look after itself instead of living to impress everybody else.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 08:32AM by Grayzie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: profound thoughts i had today
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 29, 2008 10:57PM

Yes..yes..yes..! Follow your intuition and take care of you first, then you can go on to caring for others. The secret may be to care and love oneself first so we can then show what real love is since we do no one a service by being stressed, ill, or in emotional turmoil.

I have never been unhappy about following my instincts..I get into trouble following others ideas and plans they have for me though..and this is something that a person needs to be on alert for as we can easily, so easily fall back into that pattern and what we think we do out of love.

There is no such thing as 'perfect' anyway..not in our realm of being human anyway.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables