Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

organic bodywashes etc
Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: June 04, 2008 01:51PM

Hey guys,

I currently use Bath and body's products.

Do you guys have any recommendations for organic vegan body washes? Toothpaste, mouthwash etc?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: organic bodywashes etc
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 04, 2008 02:25PM

Since I've been raw, I actually gave up all toiletries--and with awesome success!

But, if you still want to use products, some things I'd recommend:

-When looking for natural toothpastes/shampoos, avoid anything with sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate
-For a body moisturizer, coconut oil is AWESOME--I got mine from nujima.com Since the skin absorbs whatever you put on it directly to the bloodstream, make sure it's nothing you wouldn't eat.
-You can get mineral salt deodorant sticks, mine is a brand called Crystal--just use it right after the shower while your skin is moist, it smells like nothing, and one stick is supposed to last a year
-You can add a little tea tree oil to water for a great mouthwash

The more natural and edible, the better. You can also search for threads here about "no poo," or people who have attempted to quit using shampoo altogether. Good luck!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 04, 2008 04:50PM

I use Kiss My Face toothpaste - love it and have tried every other natural one out there. Dessert Essence has a good vegan floss.

I like Talulah for face care.

Aveda products for hair.

And whatever natural, vegan soap is available - with minimal ingredients and if fair trade is available as well.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Date: June 04, 2008 05:53PM

Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: June 04, 2008 06:20PM

Oh thanks guys. Any ideas about Yeshakem Soap? they seem to have a few good body washes.

Posted by: Mehnoush ()
Date: June 05, 2008 06:42PM

Check this out!

"EAURGANIC" is the First Certified Organic Skin Care products in North America:

[www.eaurganic.com]

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: June 05, 2008 09:53PM

For organic body washes, the best for me is the fragrance free Shikai. I found it at the local co-op, but you can go to Skikai dot com. I have tried a WHOLE lot of them and this is the one I keep going back to because it doesn't make me dry and itchy like almost everything else does, the bottle is kind of ugly though!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 06, 2008 12:28AM

[organic vegan body washes]

juiced cucumber

[Toothpaste]

baking soda with dried mint, parsley, fennel

[mouthwash]

parsley, fennel blend with water: store in fridge, use within 3 days

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: June 08, 2008 03:42AM

Morrocco International hair products

Auromere toothpaste

rosewater

Castille Soap with Mint for the shower

Crystal as deodorant

Thanks for the link on coconut oil!

Anyone got a good sunscreen that's cruelty free?

Posted by: nik ()
Date: June 10, 2008 12:16AM

[www.miessenceproducts.com]

or

[www.pangeaorganics.com]

I used to use Dr. Bronner's for the shower exclusively for the past 10 years. I'm looking for something new though because the stuff totally ruins the tile and leaves white stains everywhere. It's also pretty drying. Good price though and very simple and pure.

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: June 16, 2008 04:55PM

I use Dr. Bronner's castile soap for body, face and hands. It is made with very pure indredients (fair trade and organic oils). A little tiny bit also goes a long way. I love it. I stopped using products in my hair for the most part, but every once in a great while will use it to clean my scalp. I use sometimes use cold-pressed coconut oil or a little bit of olive oil as a moisturizer, but usually don't need it. I use organic suncreen if I am going to be out in the direct sun.

I use Dr. Bronner's castile soap use it for teeth too (believe it or not). It tastes a little funny and makes me foam at the mouth, but my teeth feel very clean from it. I started oil-pulling in the morning (swishing cold-pressed sesame oil in my mouth for twenty minutes before eating). For some reason the oil pulls all the nasty bacteria from your mouth. You have to be careful not to swallow it and clean the sink after spitting it out because the oil is concentrated with nasty stuff. I brush both before and after oil-pulling with castile soap. The oil-pulling started to whiten my teeth and my teeth have been yellowish since I was a kid. I have only been doing it for about a week. It is great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2008 04:59PM by Joanne81.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 20, 2008 08:35PM

I use Vicco tooth powder-- it's fantastic and my teeth absolutely love it. Sometimes I also use soap or sea salt. I stopped using toothpaste a long time ago, as even most of the natural ones have glycerine. I use Dessert Essence tea tree oil mouthwash.

I really love Kiss My Face olive oil soap with honey or chamomile-- yum!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables