Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Crying
Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: June 11, 2008 01:39PM

I am easily moved to tears I suppose, but that seems natural to me. I cry nearly every day (at least a little), not sob or anything. I don't really cry if I am in pain. I don't cry from being sad, well sometimes I do. I cried when reading "A People's History of the USA" earlier this morning when learning about the "freedom riders". I guess I was moved by the human spirit and bravery of the people involved with the civil rights movement, but saddened by that people could treat others so cruelly. I cry when I see something of extreme beauty, like certain trees, a sunset or sunrise, a gorgeous place, witness great compassion, etc... I cried a little at a meditation once, no one knew, but afterwards I told someone and they seemed sorry. I didn't mean to invoke pity by telling them. I met the founder a place called "farm sanctuary" and told him about being moved to tears after reading the stories of the farm animals (who often bravely escaped the slaughterhouse). He almost seemed apologetic that I cried. It is funny because I think of crying as a positive thing, as an emotional release. I sometimes forget that not everyone cries a lot and am reminded by their reactions. People often seem apologetic and then I am taken aback a little. Can anyone relate to this? Do you think it is strange for a person to cry nearly every day a little, for one reason or another?

P.S. I am not drowning in puddles of tears or anything like that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crying
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 11, 2008 03:00PM

What a great thread!

I cry about some of the same things, Joanne, and I think you are totally NORMAL and not strange at all. (I feel sorry for people who can't cry.) Empathy and compassion are beautiful human traits, and sometimes they evoke tears.

It's all good.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: sunshineTX ()
Date: June 11, 2008 11:22PM

Count me in as one who cries over the beauty of nature, human or animal suffering, just about anything that sparks an emotion. I cried at my daughter's first dance recital. My parents thought I was nuts.

I think it means that we are in touch with our emotions and the world around us, and as kwan said, compassion is a wonderful trait. I, for one, do not think it is strange at all.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 12, 2008 12:57PM

Me too. I've always been like that and remember my mom scolding me for being overly sensitive. I remember crying as a small child over the pollution of our world and the war and things that most kids didn't even think about. I cried when I read Kwan's signature at the end of her posts. I cry when I read the newspaper. I cry when I think about how much my partner loves me and how amazingly beautiful my children are. I'm crying writing about this, and I feel good about it. I'm glad I am sensitive.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 13, 2008 02:51PM

Sundancer,
You give me hope for the world. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 13, 2008 07:03PM

Thanks, Kwan!!!

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: June 14, 2008 05:35PM

Crying menas you are experiencing the emotions and letting them flow through you...beautiful. I wish I could let go as easily (I´m not great at crying right now) but when I do want to cry, I make sure to always release it.

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: June 16, 2008 01:37AM

Thank you everyone for your posts. They are very refreshing for me.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 17, 2008 05:11PM

My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy, because sometimes even discussing things that just MOVE ME deeply... tears just pour out while I'm talking! It's not like I'm crying because I'm sad, or in pain, it's just a profound depth of expression. It's automatic... and it's for things that are TRUE, things that come from or speak to the heart.

I've been emotionally defrosting!

It is good to know other people experience these things, too. And it's great to be able to feel deeply... it heightens response-ability to many situations in many ways. >8)

Date: June 18, 2008 03:38AM

Yeah, Phantom, a profound depth of expression! How succinct!!! smiling smiley Things that come from or speak to the heart. Things that matter so much that you cannot help it.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: June 19, 2008 06:24AM

I have heard it said tears are loaded with body toxins, So besides being a feeling human you might also be taking care of your self by detoxing. I think if you look around, all the joy all the sorrow it brings on a tear. what a gas this crazy planet.
Peace riverhousebill

Date: June 19, 2008 08:02PM

riverhousebill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have heard it said tears are loaded with body
> toxins, So besides being a feeling human you
> might also be taking care of your self by
> detoxing.

In the past when I have had a good cry, I have had little pimples come up on my face where the tear tracks have been.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables