Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dentist
Date: June 19, 2008 05:05PM

I recently went to the dentist and my teeth were fine. I haven't been to the dentist in over 2 years and the reason I didn't go was because I had no insurance. So now at my job they offered me insurance and so I went to the dentist.

Before I went to the dentist, I brush my teeth with only baking soda and floss every night. My teeth never bother me. So when I went they said my teeth were looking great, no cavities and it's noticable that I floss.

My question here is, the stuff they use to do the cleaning, and the way they floss has bothered my gums. My gums have been so sensitive lately since I've went to the dentist. Should I never have a cleaning again at the dentist? Or should I have asked for some different cleaning paste?

When you go to the dentist, do you just let them clean your teeth with whatever they have or do you suggest something instead?

I'm guessing that my gums are sensitive because of the cleaning stuff they used, has anyone been through this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dentist
Date: June 19, 2008 08:00PM

Hi Dee!

I went to see the dentist a short while ago and although the hygienist did a great job on my teeth, my gums felt a bit brutalised afterwards, like they'd cleaned them with a pickaxe!

Whenever my teeth feel a bit sensitive, oil pulling usually does a good job. I don't know why it works, but it does smiling smiley

Re: Dentist
Posted by: warm-glow ()
Date: June 20, 2008 04:58PM

Gargle with whiskey. JUST KIDDING! smiling smiley
My dentist offers two ways to clean my teeth (plaque and tarter).
Manual scraping or high pressure water spray.
I always ask for manual scraping.
Yeah, my mouth is usually sore for a day BUT is so much cleaner...it's worth the temporary discomfort.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2008 04:59PM by warm-glow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables