Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Pregnancy
Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: July 24, 2008 04:00PM

I remember loeve reading some of my last posts and all the health issues I've been having.... Now they are starting to resolve (at last!).

And a new can of worms has been opened for me. I just found out about two weeks ago that I am pregnant!! We are happy and excited. Peter (who becomes my husband this Saturday the 26th) told his mother the best thing I've ever heard: "The baby was planned, it's just the timing that's a surprise." We were hoping to conceive when we go to Mexico next year (that trip's been pushed back until baby is weaned or close to it).

What I'd like to know is; Has anyone here been through a pregnancy raw? Where can I find health information on raw pregnancy? How can I stop losing weight so fast? (I've lost about 6 lbs since finding out about the new critter.)

Morning sickness happens mostly between the hours of 1pm and 6pm. Oh, and my mom took me to a u-pick farm yesterday and I've absolutely been stuffing my face with fresh, ripe Saskatoons (native to Canada). Absolutely delish!

Thanks for any available info, links, recipies (sp?), and stories. Due March 19, 6 days after hubby's birthday.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Pregnancy
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 24, 2008 05:36PM

Double congrats!!! I did a lot of raw with my last pregnancy, but also some cooked veg. food. I lost weight with all my pregnancies in my first trimesters, but made up for it later. Jinjee Talifaro did four raw pregnancies and was very healthy and glowy looking. Google her. I say listen to your intuition and cravings, and I would find a good, vegan multi. Good luck!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2008 01:21PM

there is a pretty good forum on rawfoodtalk with lots of parents. i read up in gabriel cousin's books, he is pretty much the only one who offers good pregnancy advice. there is terrific info in prescription for nutritional healing as well, that's an excellent book.

i found i couldn't stay raw the whole way through, too hungry. the best i could do were daily smoothies with a green food supplement and i made sure to get tons of EFA's as the baby needs them a lot and will take all you have leaving you with not enough for yourself. they are directly related to mood so take care to get plenty.

oh, and congrats! have a blessed birth (both of mine were unassisted and blissful, check out laura kaplan shanely for great inspirational stories).

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: July 31, 2008 12:46AM

hiddenfang Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember loeve reading some of my last posts and
> all the health issues I've been having.... Now
> they are starting to resolve (at last!).
>

Yay! And thanks for the follow up post smiling smiley

>
> ...just found out about two weeks ago that I am
> pregnant!! We are happy and excited.
>

WooHoo!!! Congrats!

> ...Where can I find health
> information on raw pregnancy? How can I stop
> losing weight so fast?
>

Well, I'm sure no expert but you might try.. [rawmom.com]

blessings, loeve

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables