Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: IUD"s
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: March 13, 2009 03:35PM

Truly no birth control method is foolproof. I had my first son at 17 when I was on birth control pills. I had occasionally missed my time for taking my pill, but always followed the directions for catching up. No warning was given that the pill would be ineffective by doing that. I think if you skipped more than two days, they said you could no longer rely on the pill for that cycle, but I never missed that much. Anyhow, though some don't like to hear it, only abstinence is foolproof. Even if there was a foolproof method, there'd still be us fools to come mess it up!smiling smiley Anyone using any method should be prepared for pregnancy, and I'll add my pledge to the list--send me any mistakes! We'll have an open adoption and raise the child as a raw vegan winking smiley I'm serious! My husband and I are looking to adopt one day. We have a beautiful baby boy, but know there is such a need for adoptions. Open adoptions are wonderful too--they're the only type I considered when I was young and pregnant. But things worked out differently and I thankfully have my beautiful older son today). But I digress...
I believe the Ovulation Method accounts for all inconsistencies. There is a protocol to follow at first sign of any abnormality in your mucus. WHO and many other organizations/scientists have done studies with this method and it is highly effective, in the league of the pill. The rates of success were highly consistent across the board. The method is so effective, it is taught in China, where there are severe repercussions for becoming pregnant beyond the first or second child ("population control" measures--such as forced abortions, etc). They also have trained instructors who will see you in person to verify your mucus,until you get the hang of the method.
I think it is definitely worth serious consideration by anyone interested in birth control. It is in a league of its own compared to any other natural method. This method has been used for centuries, just getting serious scientific attention in the West in recent times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: March 13, 2009 07:35PM

I have had several IUD's - no pain at all after the first day when it was put in - different kind to yours. (I have had three children). Eventually i had my last one removed but only because i decided that my body had had enough of the foreign invader. I must have used IUD's for about 10 years - no problems at all. My periods were heavier and more painful though. Post child birth i don't think your cervix ever closes up completely again - that's why, in this country anyway, IUD's are usually put in women who have had children.

regarding this comment:

(OMG!). i suggested that she nurse her man a little bit so that he can check it out and feel connected to her that way, see what all the fuss is about and on some deep level reconnect with the comfort, pleasure and nuturing that he must have felt as a baby (even if he was only bottle fed in arms). you know, to feel that loving, safe warm mama place and to want that for his little one. you know what? SHE was too weirded out by that to even consider it!

on a serious level this completely sorted out my potential mastitis problems. I made so much milk and sometimes my baby slept too long or didn't want it all. One breast would always develop a red sore patch - boobs tight with milk - well a bit of grown up 'nursing' completely sorted it out - so much easier than medicine or sticking cabbage leaves in your bra or what ever - he loved it too!!!

But it's true - there aren't many people you can say this kind of thing too. smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 13, 2009 11:16PM

musicbebe,

They also have trained instructors who will see you in person to verify your mucus,until you get the hang of the method.

"What are here for today, ma'am?"
"I'm here to have my mucus verified."
"Please have a seat in the waiting room and the mucus instructor will be with you shortly."

Things are very different here on Planet America : )

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: March 14, 2009 02:49PM

"What are here for today, ma'am?"
"I'm here to have my mucus verified."
"Please have a seat in the waiting room and the mucus instructor will be with you shortly."

ha ha ha hilarious

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 15, 2009 02:18AM

I think that if you are really serious about not wanting to get pregnant you have to use multiple methods or better yet be abstinent.

I was really serious about not wanting to get pregnant. I was mainly abstinent, but on those occasions when I did have intercourse, it was condoms + cervical cap + rhythm method, that's three methods at once.

I didn't start taking the pill until I got older (when you are really supposed to STOP taking it) and then it was a very low dose and for my face/body.

Funny how I was not willing to risk my health with oral contraceptives for a guy. But to retain a more youthful appearance, yes. I am not looking forward to wrinkles/sags and I am trying to keep them at bay for as long as possible.

I guess I never met the right guy. Sigh. I still want to be attractive, though.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables