Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Friend with gastric problems needs help
Posted by: Einselgaenger ()
Date: June 22, 2006 03:37PM

Had a call last night from a friend who's been having a lot of gastric pain, gas, severe headaches and occasional numbness on her left side.
She's been scanned and tested, but the doctors (including a neurologist) still can't pinpoint the problem.
In the meantime, however, she's been advised to avoid certain foods (surprise, surprise). The remaining foods that she can eat (without painful consequences) are canned peaches (not fresh ones), steamed fish and chicken, rice, noodles, spinach, soya milk (in small amounts) and cranberry juice.

Not surprisingly, she's desperate to add to this meager regime.
She knows I'm a proponent of raw foods, but she's not willing to go that far.
She does, however, recognise that her former diet (lots and lots of fatty, hot'n spicy, oily foods) have contributed to her present condition.

I personally think the problem might be irritable bowel syndrome. Apparently her doctor hasn't tested for that yet.

Anyway, I wonder whether anyone here could suggest some tasty food combos or recipes that would make her present diet a little more interesting. She's been told to avoid most fruits (e.g., citrus, apples, bananas raisins, peaches) and vegetables (potatoes, celery, onions, beans, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, etc.), and is getting very little fibre. She's not to eat any kinds of beans, wheat or oil products.

Has anyone here experienced any of the symptoms my friend has? I'd be grateful for any tips or advice that I can pass on to her.

Thanks!

Donna

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Friend with gastric problems needs help
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 22, 2006 06:38PM

To be honest, I'd suggest mono meals for a few days and see if she can pin point the exact food(s) that are a problem for her. aster cleanser probably wouldn't hurt either. Not a total fast, but maybe 2-3 8 ounce glasses of the mixed juice at night instead of dinner. It's specifically for these types of problems, right???

Posted by: Einselgaenger ()
Date: June 26, 2006 07:06AM

Thanks for your input, luna. I'll put the suggest of mono meals to her, but I don't think she'd go for a Master Cleanser.

Anyone else have suggestions for foods or food combos that would extend her current range of possibilities? My friend is being consistent with the diet proposed by her doctor, but would like more variety.

Donna

Posted by: rosie ()
Date: August 08, 2006 09:46AM

help her make a list of all raw fruits and veggies she can eat (rather not on the doctors list)
categorize them, ie breakfast, lunch, snack, drink, etc

a mono, duo or tri meal would be good and offer more variety.
then only stock those things in the kitchen for the week/month
hint: i do a lot of chopping on the weekends so there is less prepping necessary during the beginning of the week.

also how long would your friend like to eat rawly to heal?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables