Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

question about jogging !
Posted by: mira ()
Date: August 10, 2008 03:10AM

I was wondering... In order to burn fat, is it better to run for shorter session, but faster, or to jog longer, but slower?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question about jogging !
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 11, 2008 12:24AM

the longer you can stay in your fat burning zone the better. basically you`re in your fat burning zone if you`re sweating and it`s not easy to carry on a conversation. too high of a heart rate is not good either as then you`re not burning fat but burning other stuff in your system (i forgot all the details LOL)
pm workout man, he`s a personal trainer
patty

Posted by: mira ()
Date: August 12, 2008 04:04AM

Hmmm... I must be too lazy cause i don't sweat alot... But if someone talks to me, i won't answer though!! haha

I run outside, and usually not when it's noon or like 45 degrees... So maybe thats why i don't feel sweaty...

I will PM workout man, thanks!!

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: August 16, 2008 07:29PM

Search HIIT--interval training. It's pretty consistently and clearly the best for fat-burning. Fast, then slow, then fast, etc.

Slower burns a higher percentage of fat, but less calories and so less fat overall.
Faster burns more calories overall if you exercise for the same amount of time.

The same distance will burn the same number of calories either way (by definition of work and energy and all that). But I've read some studies suggesting that your metabolism stays revved for longer when you went faster/more intensely, which makes sense.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables