Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Colonic irrigation, help with personal diagnostic advice
Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: May 16, 2006 12:49PM

I am now ito my fifth month totally raw.
It has cleared up many health issues for me.

Ibs, severe and candida related issues brought me to raw.
I have been feeling fantastic on this diet.

I felt i would like to try a colonic irrigation treatment to have a 'spring clean'

The process itself was fine, but although accessed, nothing was removed from either the transverse or decending colon, just coloured water.

The therapist explained that because nothing was removed and because of my long history of digestive related disorders, she felt this was due to the fact that impacted waste would be lining my colon walls.

She then prescribed laxative treatments to remove the 'impacted waste'as she said it was toxic and was stopping me absorbing effeciently, and some immune booster treatments.

She openly admits that although practicing for many years, she has no experience of either the raw diet or treating anyone who eats this way.

Im not sure that i am happy with the 'diagnosis' and or supplement treatment.
It just feels like a stab in the dark!

can anyone help me out here?
Anyone had a similar experience or in a position to advise on this issue?

Many thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Colonic irrigation, help with personal diagnostic advice
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 16, 2006 01:43PM

Again, I had a similar experience to yours in that during early detox on raw diet I had a colon irrigation with what seemed like no results at all. I was SO disappointed...!

Unless your colonics therapist, mine was very familiar with raw diet and in fact her husband's life had been saved by raw diet -- though she and he currently practiced only 50% raw diet.

Anyhow, she did not recommend laxatives, etc. to me. She just said that sometimes it take a couple irrigations to get things moving. I never went to her again so I don't know if that would have worked or not, but what I did do was my own herbal cleanses at home, taking colon cleansing herbs, psyllium husks and doing home enemas.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you are getting plenty of sleep...!

Re: Colonic irrigation, help with personal diagnostic advice
Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: May 16, 2006 03:17PM

Hi Michele,
thanks for your replies to both of my recent posts.
Im getting lots of sleep!

I have been taking colon cleansing herbs, psyllium husks for the last three months.

I know what you mean about being dissapointed having no results at all.
it cost so much too!
I also felt sick the next day, so probably wont try that again!
I know it may have stirred up some toxins but i think i would rather drink my water!

I sent you a pm about the silica for tooth enamel restoration, but your pm box is full!
Blessings
Lorretta

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables