Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

garden eating
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 29, 2007 06:58PM

When I lived in the south of France, I would often visit one of my friends who was au pairing for a family of little girls. The mother had recently died and the father was a full-time dentist.They lived in a large house surrounded by a large garden. The mother had loved plants and natural medecine and had cultivated all kinds of herbs and fruits. We all 5 girls spent the Mediterranean spring and summer days feasting on whatever was ripe and making herb teas (tisanes) with all kinds of herbs she had planted. It was really beautiful, apart from the sadness of thinking about the 'missing' mother and how she had tried to teach her daughters about nature.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: garden eating
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 30, 2007 03:47AM

Growing an herb garden-- or any kind of garden-- sounds like heaven. I am waiting for my public garden plot to open up for me-- I'm next on a waiting list. I think gardening and buying local is the future if we really want to a) stay real healthy and b) feel secure about the food we're eating.

I'm looking into indoor gardening (I'm 18 floors up, small apt. with one really big, sunny window in the living room.)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 30, 2007 05:29AM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think gardening and buying local
> is the future if we really want to a) stay real
> healthy and b) feel secure about the food we're
> eating.

Yeah and it's one of the most powerful things we can do. We don't have much control over the quality of our environments would love to see things change...

[www.postcarbon.org]

I love this org.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 30, 2007 02:47PM

Excellent site-- thanks for the link.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables