Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fasting and hairloss
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 09, 2008 02:27PM

Ended my first 19 day fast about a month and a half ago. As the fast went on I started losing a good bit of hair. I figured at the time this was somewhat normal, and a small price to pay for health. Now I'm about a month and a half from the end of the fast, and the hair loss has continuted. Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone have any suppliment suggestions I could try b/c I'm getting a little worried....

Thanks,

Jennifer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fasting and hairloss
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 09, 2008 05:28PM

WHen I first went raw, during my first few years of fasting and cleansing from time to time, my hair thinned out quite a bit-- not catastrophically, though. At some point the hair loss stopped altogether and my hair got thick again. The only thing that changed permanently was that my hair shafts went from extremely coarse and thick to thinner, but I'm 59 and my hair is still shiny and healthy. So don't worry, this too will pass. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 09, 2008 11:08PM

i'm sorry, i just don't agree with that at all. i believe that hair loss is a serious sign of imbalance, your body is trying to tell you something so pay attention! detox that has symptoms like that is too fast IMO. it's worth it to slow down and go at a pace that allows for gentle, gradual change.
if you are unsure of the nutrients you are getting on a daily basis i recommend a nutrition tracker like fitday.com. it's free and will help you get a handle on what you're getting in what amounts and where you might be consistantly missing something.

good luck!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 11, 2008 05:05AM

Coco--
True, I probably cleansed way too fast, especially considering I was SO toxic and filled with the results of years of medical malfeasance-- hence the hair loss and some other things that probably I could have avoided. I didn't have much information to go on back then-- the raw movement was in its infancy and I only knew of Viktorus Kulvinskas, Arnold Ehret (who wasn't living at the time) when I first started in the mid-'70s.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables