Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help & advice!
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: November 27, 2007 01:07PM

Hi there all does anyone know much about hip dysplasia? as I have it in both hips it is really feeling bad at mo, always worse in winter. Does anyone know what foods might help, or excersize that will keep it mobile but not agrovate it? I want to do all in my power to prevent having hip replacements!

Cheers Ju!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help & advice!
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 06, 2007 07:19PM

I use my exercise ball to help loosen up and strengthen my core, back, hips. I sit on it every time I'm at the computer since I had quit using it before that. Now I'm on it everyday and I find that I am sitting and moving on it, rotating my hips to keep loose, and it works really well and is very comfy too.

I don't know anything about hip dysplasia, sorry about the pain you are going thru. Anything that creates pain like that probably makes for an acidic environment, so doing some warm alkalizing baths might help with reliving pain, sipping alkalizing drinks also would help. Eating lots of juicy fruits, green juices, sesame seed milk, etc. will help with water, calcium and iron, etc.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 07, 2007 06:13PM

Cheers Prism, hip dysplasia is where the ball and socket does not fit properly, so it easly gets stuck, & could also dislocate.I've got to try and keep the cartilidge there as stong as I can, What do you put in bath to make more alkaline? what drinke do you recomend?

Cheers again

love ju

Date: December 07, 2007 06:58PM

You can add in combination, hydrogen peroxide 3% is good to start with, Epsom Salt, and Baking soda. So, a 1-2 Cups of Epsom Salt and baking soda, and to start with hydrogen peroxide maybe 1/2 C in as warm a water as you can stand. I usually end up adding in cold water after soaking for a little while. It relaxes you like you can't believe. Also, shower off to wash the toxins off before drying off.

For drinks, the recipe is fresh lemon juice, warm water, and blackstrap molasses or raw honey. They also add something called pickling water which I haven't bought yet but am going to try. You mix that into distilled or spring water like 1 T to a gallon of water and then you add a little of that mixed solution to your drink.

I would think core exercises would be good for that ailment since it would strengthen and build muscles, tendons, etc. Dose taking Chondroitin and Glucosamine tablets help?

Love,
Prism

Date: December 07, 2007 08:00PM

Do you add the pickling water to the lemon drink? how much pickling water do you add to the 1t of water? I had a look for the book working the tummy on amazon they don't have it.

I take Glucosamine not working too well for me at mo, not tried the other one though!

Wher do you get the Hydrogen peroxide to? sounds like hair bleach.

cheers

love ju

Date: December 08, 2007 02:23AM

The pickling lime is added as 1 T to 1 gallon of distilled or filtered or spring water, then you just use that mixture as in 1 T of the diluted picking water to your alkalizing drink.

I used to take chondroiton and glucosamine in tablet form, they are a combo for my knee, (my fav. was from Vitaminshoppe.com and it was their brand) but the best thing I have ever done for my knee and thigh pain was a 30 day parasite cleanse, then I started taking Iodine around the middle or near the end of the cleanse and had a fantastic healing event on my thigh.

For my painful chronic sciatica the apple cider vinegar was what helped me tremendously with getting rid of that pain. I think it was caused by stones, and debris of my kidney's, liver and gallbladder, and toxic waste from my colon and digestive tract. I'm currently using grams of magnesium oxide to help with cleansing that out, and I need to get more vit-c as that also helps.

As for hydrogen peroxide, it's something to do with getting oxygen to your cells, etc. I know that I've used it for several years now for oncoming colds, just 4-6 drops in a glass of water and mix, then drink, you can use food grade hydrogen peroxide as they do have that. You'd have to ask around at the whole foods stores where you are located about getting it in if they don't have it already. I know David Wolf sells it on their website..Natures First Law. I don't know the url right off hand.

Are you looking for Unwinding the Belly book? You might just do a search online for it, see what comes up. I got mine from the library..and it looks pretty new.

For more info. on acid/alkaline you can try the Ask Moreless forum at curezone.com and do some reading there..his recipes are in the forum threads..as some one hacked his website and until that's up again, you have to ask or search for the recipes. If I come up with the recipe link again I'll post it here.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 08, 2007 02:44AM

[curezone.org]

Until Moreless can get the website up and running again. Here ya go. smiling smiley

Here is the Moreless protocol that Evanluck lovingly put together for everyone.

The basic protocol as outlined in this forum is as follows:

Stop all eating habits that promote excess acidity

This includes eating:
any refined sugars (sugar, high fructose corn syrup etc.)
any refined starches (white bread, white rice, anything made with white flour)
any artificial chemicals (preservatives, artificial sweeteners etc.)
any protein or grains 4-6 hours before you go to sleep

80% of your diet should consist of top-quality, locally grown, seasonal fruits and vegetables with an emphasis on green leafy vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, kale, cauliflower, non-iceberg lettuce, spinach etc.). You can purchase a refractometer and start testing the BRIX (amount of complexed carbohydrates) level of the foods that you purchase. This will allow you to begin to pick better quality produce.

20% of your diet can be whole grains and high quality protein sources like cold-water wild caught fish (i.e. Alaskan salmon or sardines), high quality eggs, non-homogenized dairy.

Do a series of enemas to clean out your digestive system. The one moreless recommends is water with a small amount of Apple Cider Vinegar.

Following the enemas take some probiotics. First thing in the morning, drink a glass of water. Then take the probiotics (one with a high billion count 8+ and with both Bifidus Bacterium and Acidophilus) along with a glass of skim milk. [edit added on 11-09-07]

Buy some PH strips and start testing your saliva at set times during the day (first thing in the morning and approximately an hour after each meal) to get an idea of the relative quality of your foods and how your body reacts to different kinds of foods.

Drink plenty of clean water slowly throughout the day.

Supplement your diet with mineral rich foods:
Alkalyzing Drink: the juice of 1/4-1/2 of a lemon, 1-6 or more (start out slow) Tablespoons of Pickling Lime Water (1 Tablespoon of Pickling Lime diluted into 1 Gallon of Distilled Water), 1-3 Tablespoons of Blackstrap Molasses, 1 Tablespoon of high quality, cold water kelp

Sip this drink slowly throughout the day. You can start out with one drink per day and scale up slowly to as many as your body reacts positively to.

Take a pinch of Epsom Salt with each Meal.

Accelerate with Akalyzing Baths:
Take a hot bath (as hot as you can stand it) with the following ingredients:
2 Pounds of Epsom Salts
1 Pound of Baking Soda
1-2 Quarts of Hydrogen Peroxide (edit by refreshed: 3% Hydrogen peroxide)

Soak in the bath for as long as you can stand it (start out with shorter period of time like 15 mins. and slowly work up to longer periods of time).

Finish up with a cold shower.

If you are very sick you may not be able to take the baths initially. If not then you can reduce the ingredients and do a foot soak with the same ingredients in the same proportion.

Learn to choose a positive outlook on life and positive thoughts. Find things everyday that you can be grateful for. Spend time in prayer and meditation. Refuse to worry about things that you are unable to control or are unwilling to take action to change.

This is the general protocol. Each person is different so you need to learn to listen to your body and make adjustments within these principles to find what works best for your body.

Hope the above link and info. helps. I'm just learning about this myself. I am doing the baths, and I haven't done the whole drink yet. I couldn't find pickling lime yet..but I did look today at Wal Mart.

I don't know if I'm going to like adding kelp? I think you can make it to suit your tastes and that's what I plan on doing for now.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 09, 2007 07:03AM

Cheers prism for that!

Date: December 09, 2007 06:19PM

Oh, I see I did not take out or make mention to ignore anything in above post as to Moreless's protocols that include foods other than all raw. Sorry about that, I hope it doesn't offend anyone. Please ignore the portions that you disagree with, and take what you want from it, leave the restsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables