Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

a HUGE and hearty Breakfast SLOWS you down!
Posted by: Alkalarian ()
Date: November 23, 2007 07:24AM

Hello there,

The first meal of the day often causes high levels of acidity. Foods like pancakes, waffles, muffins, oatmeal, breakfast cereals, sweet rolls, toast, maple syrup, honey, coffee, orange juice, etc., contain huge amounts of sugars and simple carbohydrates which over-acidify the blood and tissues.

This creates a terrain that promotes the growth of bacteria, yeast, and fungi – the great decomposers of cells and tissues in the human body. What a way to start the day!

Also traditional high-protein breakfast foods like eggs, sausage, bacon, omelets, etc., compromise the internal environment and ultimately promote the growth of yeast and fungi. In addition, all meats, especially pork, are high in parasite activity.

In contrast to that a favorite breakfast for many people living according to an alkaline diet is soup, millet or brown basmati rice with fresh avocado and tomato slices, soaked almonds, sunflower sprouts and flax oil.

Vegetable soups, greens juices or powdered greens in the morning offer a low carbohydrate, high fiber, and delicious way to start your day. In this way blood sugar levels are not sent soaring, causing an increase in blood insulin and a burden on your pancreas.

This is an excellent way to start the day!

regards, Mel

Alkaline Food / Green Food Chart With pH Scale

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a HUGE and hearty Breakfast SLOWS you down!
Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 24, 2007 05:32AM

Hi Mel,great message,thanks. I have smoothies for my breakfast,fruit and veggie ones. I have a burguer recipe with millet, carrots and onions that I'm thinking to make for my breakfast too. Do you think only smoothie,shakes,juices and soups are better for breakfast? Also,if I have a huge breakfast smoothie that will help me slow down my hunger all day?
I have a hygienist friend that is against breakfast and prefer eating at 12 noon. He said that the morning hunger is the false hunger.
Do you agree?

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: November 26, 2007 02:28AM

Depends what the huge breakfast is.

A 400 calorie SAD meal would make me feel like crap.

A 400'ish calorie fruit smoothie actually gives me energy and keeps me satiated for half the day.

I loved drinking 16oz of fresh OJ/Citrus juice first thing in the morning but it wasn't enough "energy". I tried walking my dog afterwards and would have blood sugar issues.

Cy, that sounds like the ayurveda/chinese medicine thing that says your main meal should be be at 12pm because it's the best time for digestion or something like that.

Date: November 26, 2007 04:40PM

I don't know anything about ayurveda medicine LikeItOrNot,but I've heard that 12 to 8 pm is the best time for digestion, 8 pm to 4 am is a time for relax your stomach and 4 am to 12 noon it's the elimination time.
Maybe because of that he's always telling me that if you are hungry before 12 noon it is false. Maybe it is your intestine doing the elimination time and you feel like it is hunger.

Date: November 28, 2007 03:19AM

hello cy,

I agree in part with your hygienist friend, since morning hunger is often just a feeling instead of real hunger (yet not to fill the stomach until 12 is definitely not healthy for your metabolism).

Most of my days I start with a alkaline green drink that includes alkaline water and powdered grasses, greens and vegetables for maximum cell absorption (energizes me quickly and i have no hunger anymore).

If I feel I must eat before noon, I go with green or vegetable juices, shakes or smoothies.

regards, Mel

Date: November 30, 2007 02:22AM

Hi Mel,

Green smoothies are the best,and as a breakfast it is the best way to break the fast of a whole night sleeping. My elimination process starts in the afternoon,so maybe for some people it is better to have some kind of food/frink in the morning,like me.
But ,maybe for other people it is better to start the eating/drinking process after the 12 noon time.
For me,not eating until noon sometimes is very hard,so like you said,a green smoothie is the best choice.

Thanks,
Cy

Date: December 11, 2007 04:04AM

Hi Cy,

you can try my favourite cool green shake if you like. It’s a great way to get concentrated vitamins and minerals, the cucumber and lime cool the body, and the essential fats in the avocado make this shake one that you can burn on for many hours.

1 Avocado
½ Cucumber
1 Tomatillo
1 Lime (peeled)
2 Cups fresh spinach
1 pkg Stevia (sweet leaf with fiber)
6-8 ice cubes

Mel

Date: December 12, 2007 12:24AM

Wow !! That sounds great Mel!!! Thanks !! And the funniest thing is that I just went food shopping and bought everything that is in the shake.What a coincidence!!
That is going to be my breakfast tomorrow,definitelly.Thanks again.

Cy

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: December 15, 2007 05:00AM

> In contrast to that a favorite breakfast for many
> people living according to an alkaline diet is
> soup, millet or brown basmati rice with fresh
> avocado and tomato slices, soaked almonds,
> sunflower sprouts and flax oil.
>
> Vegetable soups, greens juices or powdered greens
> in the morning offer a low carbohydrate, high
> fiber, and delicious way to start your day. In
> this way blood sugar levels are not sent soaring,
> causing an increase in blood insulin and a burden
> on your pancreas.
>
> This is an excellent way to start the day!
>
> regards, Mel

Yeah I don't know how people can function after some of the huge breakfast's you mentioned. A breakfast like that makes me so tired I want to take a nap! Breakfast is always my smallest meal of the day, and usually starts out with some alfalfa/red raspberry/hibiscus tea upon waking, and then a salad two hours later.

-Angie

Date: January 03, 2008 07:29AM

hello Cy,

you are very welcome :-)
hope you liked it, i love it also VERY much (3-4 time / week!!) :-)
take care,
Mel

Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: February 10, 2008 07:54PM

i didnt know that eating oatmeal in the morining was considered bad. since attempting to become raw, ive been soaking oatmeal overnite and then eating it in the morning. i just put raw sugar in it. wonder if this has the same effect as processed and packaged, cooked oatmeal ?? any suggestions

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 10, 2008 08:44PM

Ugh, I couldn't touch greens in the AM! tongue sticking out smiley At 50% raw, I started my journey with a cornucopia of fresh fruits every morning. Mangoes were my favorite.

Now, if I eat before noon, it has to be light, fresh, sweet, simple and juicy. Blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries, followed by strawberries if I'm still hungry. Soaked goji berries are great, too--I'm really digging the sweet+tangy, juicy, lots of antioxidants. I tried doing just fresh orange or grapefruit juice, but it wasn't *quite* enough (though they make a nice closing meal if I'm hungry late in the evening).

I was eating two pomegranates every morning, but they are officially gone from everywhere until next winter now. =(

Then from about 12-3, it's FEAST TIME. >8)

As I stay raw longer, I think my body is gravitating toward the timetable Cy outlined.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables