Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Researching Organic Remedy to Eliminate Wrinkles
Posted by: earthwrite ()
Date: January 30, 2008 02:47AM

Has anyone had facial wrinkles that they were able to eliminate with a natural, non-toxic, chemical-free method? And even more so, do you know what caused the wrinkles in the first place? My mother-in-law asked me to recommend an organic earth-friendly remedy to eliminate wrinkles. I am researching this, but I want to ask what kind of experience members here have had with the hope that it might help me help her. I know that exposure to petro-chemicals, secondhand cigarette smoke, and other harmful pollutants cause wrinkles, as well as stress and other environmental factors. I am also recommending that she keep her diet vegetarian, high in fiber, and low-fat. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Researching Organic Remedy to Eliminate Wrinkles
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 08, 2008 04:05AM

I'm 55 yrs. old and since going raw 5+ years ago, I started healing a lot of health issues and one of the things I started doing was to exfoliate my skin, all over and my face and neck too.

My face is very smooth and hardly any wrinkles. One of the wrinkles before I exfoliated was on my forhead right across it, and it was so deeply lined I was drawn to it when my fingers were near it and would go up and down feeling it like a crevice that I couldn't believe felt sharp even. It's gone now..not there at all.

I use exfoliating gloves (I tried the little spinning battery things..but like the gloves better) and a very nice organic type soap (I make my own) and then use some very light application of organic oil, like coconut, almond or avocado.

You can also exercise the wrinkles away too, and I've been working on my neck..but there are videos and books about those exercises.

You can also get books on facial wrinkles, skin etc. by Dr. Perricone or look up his website.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: February 13, 2008 06:15AM

Prism...
Could you send me any links or books that are thorough about facial exercises? I have a very droopy face, around my mouth and chin, although I am not yet 30. I would like to learn more about these exercises...
Thanks!!!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 13, 2008 06:10PM

[facercise.com]

I got her book from my library and it was the mens exercise book..I don't think it much matters really if it's for women or men. I thought her's was the best out of the books I got from my library.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Leesah ()
Date: February 25, 2008 05:08PM

Hey Earthwrite,

I don't have too many wrinkles (just a few fine lines around my eyes when I smile and one in the middle of my forehead) but I found that going to the sauna 2-3 times per week helps my skin immensely. It's also a great way to rid the body of toxins!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 09, 2008 01:57AM

Up to 90% of wrinkles and sags are caused by UV radiation, not aging. Changes in collagen and elastin in protected skin are insigificant until the 70s or 80s. This is why I choose not to expose my skin and to get my vitamin D from a pill. I don't want sags and wrinkles.

You can erase them with acids. Lactic acid is a mild one that is present in every cell of our body, you can use that one if you want, even at 80% strength and unbuffered it is still on the mild side. But if you have deep lines and sags you will need something stronger, like trichloroacetic acid, which is best used by MDs.

If you don't want something that is going to make you have to hole up for a week or two and really hurt, then you can ask for a prescription of retinoic acid (retin-a) which is also naturally occuring. This will make you red and peely but prolonged use really does help, and it is something you can use on a regular basis. You will not realize how much you have improved unless you take pictures every month or so under identical lighting conditions.

Once you develop deranged and damaged collagen and elastin, the only thing you can do to correct it is to remove it with acids, lasers, or scraping off. There is no way to untangle the twisted crosslinking. You just have to get rid of it.

Then your own body will perform the miracle of laying down new healthy collagen and elastin. And it will be up to you to take care of it from then on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables