Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

the dizzying highs! the terrifying lows!
Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: March 25, 2008 05:17AM

Hello, since I became introduced to raw-foodism a couple of years ago I have been going through a pattern that follows something like this: I eat raw food and exercise, and begin to feel good and loose a little weight. (I would like to lose a little weight, about 15 lbs.). Then I become sick, for about a month during which I stop exercising and eating as much raw foods. I still eat healthy, just not raw. I gain what little weight I have lost, then I start over. I should say that I have been raised by vegetarian hippies, so I never have eaten the SAD diet in my whole life. I was raised on lentils, brown rice, vegetables etc. In my early 20's I got away from the whole foods a bit but not terribly, and I haven't been eating processed foods in 5 years or so. The point is I don't think I am very toxic. Does anyone else experience something like this pattern? I know it might be something no one can help me with, or unrelated to raw foods even. But, it is frustrating and I feel like I am not making any progress! Thank you, take care all!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the dizzying highs! the terrifying lows!
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 27, 2008 10:05PM

interesting KS... when i'm having a stubborn health problem that i can't resolve by merely addressing the physical symptoms, i try to go deeper and attack the bugger on all levels. mental, physical, and spiritual.

if i just had to guess based on what you are saying, i would GUESS that something in you is resisting losing the excess weight. i think physical symptoms or ailments have a metaphorical aspect to them, you know what i mean? carrying around excess weight might be representational in YOUR life and YOUR body as a lot of different things... (1) a fear of letting go of "baggage", the past, forgiving, starting fresh. (2) the desire to hide, as overweight people are not as seen (3) a fear of the increased attractiveness/sexuality that accompanies looking good again. (4) i've heard the theory postulated that people who are overweight tend to be empathetic types, extra sensitive to the energy of other people around them, and use weight literally to cushion themselves from the negative or unwanted energy in their environment.

there are lots of possibilities, i would invite you to explore lots of them and feel what resonates with YOU. then attack! with affirmations/power statements ex. "i am now willing to release everything in my life that does not serve me. i look forward to and embrace the new into my life.", prayer, whatever works for you.

just my experience. good luck!

Date: March 27, 2008 10:32PM

Maui Butterfly, you are brilliant! These are wonderful ideas for me- I felt like I was at a dead end. Thanks so very much.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 28, 2008 01:14AM

oh gosh, you're welcome. let me know how you do!

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 30, 2008 05:06AM

I have yo-yoed due to eating too few calories during the weight loss--brings me down to a normal weight, but then I get ravishing hunger I can't deny--and I gain. So I need to be responsible and make sure, for myself, that I am eating enough to lose slowly but steadily. Versus eating 1000 calories, feel like I'm starving, and start eating 3000 (most likely I need a bit above 2000). So I would make sure you're getting enough nutrition in all aspects from your raw diet.

Date: April 01, 2008 05:31AM

Thats a good point rost. When I feel good and motivated its easy to go a bit overboard and end up too hungry! Even though raw food is healthy that doesn't mean I can't turn it in to a yo-yo diet! Eeek! Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables