Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Shilajit or mineral pitch
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: May 27, 2008 04:45AM

Hello,
Does anyone here have any experience with shilajit or mineral pitch? I came accross it the other day while doing a search for something else. It seems to be aggressively marketed, and I am wondering if its worth all the bother.

Its a substance used in ayruvedic medicine, or so its claimed. Its something which oozes out between rocks in mountain peaks, or in caves in some cases. There are a variety of theories as to what it is exactly, but many believe its a mineral residue from ancient plants which have reacted with the local rocks.

There are a number of claims made for it, such as life extension, helpful in curing just about anything. But it looks something like tar or pavement, one webpage translated it as 'asphaltum'.

So it would be great to hear from students of ayruveda, comments about if its really useful, or even a real ayruvedic substance. Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shilajit or mineral pitch
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: May 28, 2008 12:41AM

hey mislu, i'm not an ayurveda student, just a patient of an amazing practitioner. i know that "shalajit" was one of the ingredients in a custom formula of mine for a time, and from my notes here she said it was a hormone balancer and boosted "heat"/yang energy in the body (i always write down what the ingredients do because i am curious). just so you know, it is a REAL ayurvedic substance.

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: May 28, 2008 02:11AM

hello i love the stuff.i believe it is one of the best tonics in the world fulvic acid .i love fulvic acid. go to beyond the century web site they sell it in bulk for about 9.00 dollars .i'm talking about shilijit also you can go to shirleys wellness cafe and get all kinds of free good info.i hope that helps you

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: May 28, 2008 04:45AM

Thank you both! What has it done for you in particular?

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: May 30, 2008 05:10AM

i study vitamins and in studying i take many different thing from vit c to bull balls(joking) i hope you get the idea.alot of vitamins are just plain crap.shilijit is a real tonic .go to shirleys wellness cafe read about it and buy some it will make you feel great.i can say this and that but words are cheap. i gave you one of the best places to buy shilijit.it's not expensive and everyone will tell you this and that. i want you to let us know what you think.i been a healer for twenty years almost never wrong.take with vit c and alot of water.bye

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables