Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Negative-heel shoes, such as "Earth Shoes"
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: September 30, 2008 07:10PM

Hi. Maybe someone can help me. I am interested in the above kind of shoe. Does anyone here wear them, and what has your experience been?

As I see it, this kind of shoe would stretch your leg muscles in the back and thereby loosen your body up. What do you think? Many thanx.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Negative-heel shoes, such as "Earth Shoes"
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 30, 2008 10:53PM

love them, have 2 pair and boots as well. the boots look much warmer than they are unfortunately, sad for over $300. they make vegan versions too, cool!

Date: October 01, 2008 12:07AM

Coco, do you have Earth brand or those expensive M.B.T. shoes? I don't think that even Earth boots cost $300, but the M.B.T.s do! Do you wear the vegan versions or the leather shoes? I am glad you can recommend negative heel shoes, as I feel attracted to them.

Date: October 01, 2008 01:27AM

i have these
[www.earth.us]
[www.earth.us]
[www.earth.us]

the last, the boots were over $300 at my local mountain shop. they are comfy but cold (and no, that is NOT real fur!). i've had them all for years and they really hold up well, i take care of them though with cleaning and conditioning so that they will last.
i don't have the vegan version, they didn't carry anything like that at my shop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 01:32AM by coco.

Date: October 01, 2008 06:59AM

Many thanks for those links. Do they have a sizing chart if you have to order shoes (if there's no shop where one lives)?

Regarding warm boots: I live in a place with ultracold winters and I can say for sure that the un-glamorous, loose-fitting boots with heavy felt liners is really the only way to go. Style be damned (in this case)! You have to be able to move your toes. The nice looking boots don't let you do that and I think that's what causes your feet to get cold.

[www.sorel.com]

Date: October 01, 2008 06:00PM

i have a huge pair of the ugliest mucklucks on the eart that i wear when it's gross out. have to say, those fancy boots were a mistake of vanity. *chagrined*

Posted by: zella ()
Date: October 23, 2008 05:27PM

Love my earth shoes. They do give ya more of a work out. And straighten your back too.

Date: October 24, 2008 01:20AM

Glad to hear that the Earth shoes are suitable for you, too! I need to hear this from lots of folks if I am going to buy some for myself, as $$$ is hard to come by for me. Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables