Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Daily aspirin may do more harm than good: study
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: August 31, 2009 05:13PM

LONDON (AFP) – Healthy people taking a daily dose of aspirin to prevent heart attacks may be doing themselves more harm than good, according to a new study by British scientists.

[news.yahoo.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Daily aspirin may do more harm than good: study
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 31, 2009 05:41PM

Omega,

I was wondering when saner heads would prevail. I remember thinking that this aspirin-for-heart-conditions campaign was someone's genius idea of returning an unusually useful, but oddly archaic drug--aspirin--back to the pharmaceutical arsenal. Unfortunately, it's gotten really out of hand. Who in their right mind two generations ago would think of ritually taking a pill "just in case?" Thanks for posting.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 31, 2009 09:18PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Who in their right
> mind two generations ago would think of ritually
> taking a pill "just in case?" Thanks for posting.

no freaking kidding. unbelievable. let's take poisons to try and make ourselves well. i mean, sheesh, Come On!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 01, 2009 08:32PM

I don't think using the natural white willow bark on occasion would be a bad thing. Lots of our natural foods that we eat raw have those natural compounds as natural aspirin.

It's all relative, to me if one is having lots of pain and swelling and they go from a very harmful drug to a less harmful one, then that's good until they can go from that to less often use or no use at all..or some other more natural remedy.

I've learned that people have to be given choices, and each is an individual with their own issues.

But the aspirin a day to keep the doc away..it sounds too much like when the person that sold shampoo decided he could double his sales overnight by adding to the instructions, wash your hair 2 x with shampoo..instead of just once! Free enterprise..and all that.

Take your health into your own hands and you instantly become your most valued patient.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 09, 2009 06:10PM

It all sounded like a way for Bayer to make $.

Vinny

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 12, 2009 02:12AM

You've said it Tamukha. The only legitimate time for taking a pharmaceutical is when things have gotten so out of hand with your body or the environment that poisoning yourself for a while might actually be a better option.

Drugs by their very definition can only block a normal physiological reaction by your body, otherwise they would be called nutrients. Only in a horribly sickly and diseased state can one help to benefit from blocking a natural life function.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables