Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

benefits of juicing, raw food
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 10, 2009 07:59PM

I was recently diagnosed with a rare neuromuscular disease, so rare it does not have a name. It comes under mitrochondrial myopathies. There is research being done on these myopathies but in the meantime my doctors cannot give me a prognosis. Apparently what I was diagnosed with (by muscle biopsy) is late onset adult (60 years old). Hopefully because I was diagnosed later in life, it has peaked and will not get any worse (I have muscle weakness in the left leg and a limp). I am now on a quest to get in the best possible physical shape (lose about 25 lbs). My question is this - What are the benefits of juicing, raw food, etc.? I am really new to all of this and would appreciate any information anyone can give me.

Thank you

God Bless

Susan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: benefits of juicing, raw food
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: August 21, 2009 05:04PM

Susan,

Sorry it took so long for someone to finally respond! I saw this thread when it first came out and thought, "well, someone else will probably answer it." Well, I guess that someone is me!

Raw food diets are incredible. I wrote a research paper on it for college. I was pressed for time when I wrote it, so it's not as thorough as I wished it could've been, but I got an A, and you may find it interesting to read. PM me if you want and I'll send it.

I lost 30 pounds already doing a mostly raw foods diet. Drinking fresh squeezed veggie juice from my juicer (zuchinni, beat, apple, celery, carrots), gives me a rush of good feeling as I drink it! (like this warm fuzzy, fresh, feeling in my blood--I can't describe it!). Begin by eating as much fresh, uncooked fruits and veggies as possible, and juice veggies, and drink green smoothies. Don't eat late at night, and don't eat past 6 pm if possible (this made a huge difference for me--don't go to bed on a full stomach--bad for digestion).

Have you already done some research on raw foods since you posted?

Recommended books:

Green for Life, by Victoria Boutenko (----all about green smoothies, with a scientific study. Excellent for those maybe a little skeptical about raw foods. Talks about the nutritional importance (extreme importance) of GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES
Beautiful on Raw by Tonya Zavasta (---lots of info on nutritional value of different raw food items, by my favorite author
Living on Live Foods by Alyssa Cohen (----many testamonials of people overcoming serious illness, great recipes that mimink cooked foods, raw vegan science in plain english
God's Way to Ultimate Health (--- lots of testamonials, how-to info and "why" info
The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell (---- hugely recommended, if you don't know the incredible science behind vegan nutrition (not necessarily raw). If you still eat meat or dairy, you MUST read this book)

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Blessings!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 05:10PM by musicbebe.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 08, 2009 03:18PM

I believe the main benefit of juicing is that the machine removes the fiber from the veggie and makes it into a juice than can be much more readily absorbed into the bloodstream.

Vinny

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 08, 2009 04:36PM

SusanHB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .......I am really
> new to all of this and would appreciate any
> information anyone can give me.
First post huh? So what if you're pulling our
legs.....my advice would be to take one step in the right
direction, and God will take two more for you. Just keep
stepping.....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables