Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Menstruation - Please weigh in, ladies
Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: December 16, 2008 03:41AM

I've read a few times over that most women's monthly bleeding stops on raw foods and that bleeding is actually a sign of blood toxicity due to cooked foods. What's your personal experience?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Menstruation - Please weigh in, ladies
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 16, 2008 04:05PM

Nope, still have 'em, but they're much more manageable when I eat all raw foods.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: December 17, 2008 08:03PM

I second what Sundancer said

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: December 17, 2008 11:53PM

Mine stopped but started up again when I supplemented with VB12, I started to ovulate the day after taking VB12 supplement. Periods/symptoms have been less intense with increased raw food consumption.

Patty

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: December 18, 2008 08:53PM

My symptoms were definitely less after going raw. I have always had an irregular period and at times with the simplest raw diet (low fat) or juice feasting, I would skip periods or they would be delayed until I ate more fat again. I have not been underweight on raw foods, only in a healthy weight range, so I believe missing periods was related to low fat intake and not to my being too thin. My doctor always told me I may have trouble conceiving because my average cycle was 44 days. She thought it was possible that I would not be ovulating. I just let nature take it's course and am now pregnant!

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: December 19, 2008 02:24PM

My symptoms were definitely less after going raw. I have always had an irregular period and at times with the simplest raw diet (low fat) or juice feasting, I would skip periods or they would be delayed until I ate more fat again. I have not been underweight on raw foods, only in a healthy weight range, so I believe missing periods was related to low fat intake and not to my being too thin. My doctor always told me I may have trouble conceiving because my average cycle was 44 days. She thought it was possible that I would not be ovulating. I just let nature take it's course and am now pregnant!

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 26, 2008 01:37AM

i'm very happy to have always had a period. though it has never been "regular" by medical standards (25-32 days apart) it is regularly the way that it is. cramps and other symptoms much lessened with better diet and exercise too. i like being a woman, i have no issues with my blood and no desire to see it stop forever until i reach menopause. it's a good thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables