Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Getting rid of a cancer-causing VIRUS
Posted by: arete ()
Date: December 17, 2008 07:36AM

Hello,
I am looking for some recommendations for immune building and virus- killing supplements. I am female recently diagnosed with high-grade HPV, the virus that causes cervical cancer. I have abnormal cells present, which could develop into cancer if the virus is not flushed by my immune system.
I am currently vegan (for 3 years now) and incorporating more raw foods into my diet. I would like to go 100 percent raw as soon as I can beat my cooked food addictions (which are getting slowly better!) I still eat healthy.

Anyhow, I do know that raw foods will boost my immune system. I know that diet and exercise are important for the immune system, as is happiness and well being.

I am mostly looking for advice for supplements (as added strength and support for the immune system in addition to raw foods).

-I began taking IP-6 because of its immune benefits, does anyone have experience with this supplement?? I do not know how much I should be taking?

-I am also taking echinea/goldenseal- but have heard warnings to not take this supplement over extended periods of time... is this legit? Should I avoid this supplement?

-I am taking turmeric, and drinking green tea... looking into zeoite.

-Are there very specific foods that I should incorporate for their immune boosting ability?

I really want to rid my body of this virus!!!! If it is not too late!! I don't want to develop cancer!!!
In the meantime I will work my hardest to eat all-raw. But any help on virus fighting supplementation research/information is appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting rid of a cancer-causing VIRUS
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 17, 2008 01:34PM

Fresh raw garlic is both a food and a natural antibiotic that I like to include for taste and to ward off colds etc.

Posted by: C. Dove ()
Date: December 17, 2008 03:00PM

I suggest you download the Podcast regarding Gardasil....HPV is not the monster they want you thnk it is.

[www.wellnessforum.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 17, 2008 04:58PM

First, I wish you every success in your endeavor to fight this virus and to help your body to heal itself. IP-6 has been shown to shrink tumors and to suppress new growth, but if you don't have a cancer diagnosis, you should focus on treatment of the virus itself(which, by the way, almost every woman I know has, without its becoming cancerous: see C. Dove's link above). Goldenseal is good, as it is a potent antiviral, but using it for more than a week consistently can induce an allergy and blood pressure problems. It's also an abortificant, so don't use it if you are pregnant. Rotating it with echinachea purpurea is wise. I would add that astragulus root was my go-to cocktail while still struggling with the Asian variant of Epstein-Barr, so consider taking a concentrated form, according to apckage indications, if you don't have a fever. You can also brew a tea from the dried root, with shiitake mushrooms, themselves anti viral.

In general, a raw foods diet is good because it raises alkalinity in the tissues and makes your body an inhospitable environment for oxygen-averse cells, like the HPV and cancer. Raw fruits and vegetables have the vitamins and minerals necessary to keep your production of leukocytes and other protective white blood cells at good levels for fighting off infection. These also dicrease the metabolic load on your liver, heart, and spleen, all of which may fall prey to the virus if the infection is widespread. If your vegan diet is high in carbohydrates from starches, it is a glucose-rich diet, and while this isn't necessarily beneficial to viral cells, cancer cells love it. What both types of cells don't love is lots and lots of sulfur, so increase your consumption of greens, especially brassicas like cabbage and broccoli, and of bitter leafy greens, like kale, mustard greens, collards, arugula and watercress. These are also rich in chlorophyll, which helps to maintain blood alkalinity[Google this to find out more]. Garlic and onions ARE truly some of the most potent anti-viral and anticarcinogenic foods. Eat as many as you can tolerate raw. Citrus fruits are likewise beneficial, as well as tart berries. Consume a small variety of nuts, especially a few brazil nuts every week. Brazil nuts are a concentrated source of selenium, which is directly correlated to prevention of formation of tumors. Eat them with something with Vitamin E and zinc, like leafy greens and alfalfa sprouts or parsley for the fullest anti-viral effect. Lastly, consume lots of organic cayenne and turmeric; the raw peppers and rhizome as well as the spice form. And this may be something to consider: look into intravenous Vitamin C therapy. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant, and is being used to treat myriad pathogenic disorders, including viral infections. Please do as much research as you can, and in the meantime, give your body as much restful sleep as possible--we do most of our metabolic recovery between ten p.m. and 2 a.m. Good luck to you and peace.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: December 17, 2008 06:50PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> Brazil nuts are a
> concentrated source of selenium, which is directly
> correlated to prevention of formation of tumors.
> Eat them with something with Vitamin E and zinc,
> like leafy greens and alfalfa sprouts or parsley
> for the fullest anti-viral effect.

That's so cool, I was using brazil nuts for awhile and I fell out of the habit when I ran out once. Got to get some more again. Thanks for the info :-)

I would try coconuts too, the MCFA (medium chain fatty acids) break up viruses. In the Principles of Orthomolecularism By R. A. S. Hemat, R Hemat it says that the MCFA in coconut break viruses apart, the virus absorbs the MCFA and the virus' protective membrane weakens and the virus dies.
[books.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2008 06:50PM by Lillianswan.

Date: December 17, 2008 08:02PM

Good advice about coconuts--nice to know!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 17, 2008 11:25PM

I wonder if fasting would be helpful in getting rid of a virus ?

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: December 18, 2008 02:26AM

Tamukha wrote:

"look into intravenous Vitamin C therapy. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant, and is being used to treat myriad pathogenic disorders, including viral infections."

Just an idea but try an orange juice fast.
oranges have a ton of vitamin C !

And I agree with EZrider, fasting is the best way to heal becaue our own bodies are the best healers over anything you can take supplimentwise.

In my personal opinion the BEST mono fasts are from thease 3 fruits:

Oranges
Apples
Grapes

Water fasting is powerful as well as dry fasting.

but you can MONO fast and is just as effective.

You can also just flat out juice fast on fruit AND veggies.
Just need a juicer.

Rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2008 02:27AM by roadrunner.

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: December 18, 2008 08:41PM

Try juice feasting. You get all the nutrients your body needs, and literally turn back time for your body.

Check out www.juicefeasting.com or www.globaljuicefeast.com

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 19, 2008 06:35AM

Arete,

I'd suggest you get those abnormal cells frozen, if you haven't done so already, and if your doctor says you should. Freezing is really effective, and there's no long-term damage. I had it done nearly 35 years ago for abnormal cervical cells, and that took care of it. There's never been a recurrence. This was before the discovery of HPV and the link between HPV and cervical cancer.

In addition to the great advice from all the posters above, you might be interested in meeker raspberry seeds and/or haritaki (terminalia chebula - a traditional healing fruit from India). Both contain ellagitannic complex, which strengthens the immune system. Ellagitannic complex from Meeker raspberries has apparently been tested with some success against cancer. Haritaki is a traditional Indian cure for cancerous tumors.

Meeker raspberry seed powder and capsules are made by Raspex and available from SMDI (online). There are a lot of online sources for haritaki bulk powder and capsules.

There's also an ellagic acid extract from the haritaki, but researchers are saying that the ellagitannic complex from the whole food (ground raspberry seeds or ground haritaki) is more effective, because ellagic acid alone is not bioavailable from plants.

The word "cancer" can really be freaky, but try not to let it worry you too much. Just get rid of those abnormal cells (freeze 'em), stay healthy, and go for regular checkups to make sure you catch any recurrence on time.

Best wishes!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2008 06:39AM by suncloud.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2008 09:11PM

Hi,

You might want to check out Miracle Mineral Supplement.
[www.miracle-mineral-supplement.com]

Its the most powerful germ-killer known. For more than 100 years clinics and hospitals have used the active ingredients in this supplement to sterilize hospital floors, tables, equipment, and other items. Now this same powerful germ-killer can be harnessed by the immune system to safely kill pathogens in the human body.

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: December 19, 2008 10:21PM

I was going to suggest Miracle Mineral Supplement and then noticed that Chris8 beat me to it! I think it's amazing stuff! I gave some to my daughter two nights ago when she had a high fever, sore throat and body aches and she was better the next day.

Good luck!

Date: December 31, 2008 01:12PM

All you need to do is strengthen your immune system. Nature's Chapter is a VERY good brand; I recommend one of their mushroom blends. Cat's Claw is good as well. Coconut oil won't work b/c it's main action is to break down the protein coatings of viruses, but HPV doesn't have a protein coating.

Don't fret! You can clear this if you start to take better care of yourself. Just take some herbs and practice safe sex for about eight months and your body should take care of it. BTW, this is the advice my OBGYN gave me when I came up positive so I'm not making false claims. Well, not the herbal medicine; that's from my research. However, she did tell me that most healthy people can clear themselves if they practice safe sex, 100% of the time, for about eight months. She was right.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: December 31, 2008 03:02PM

Samento. I use to have links on website. If you google it, you'll find tons of info.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: December 31, 2008 03:04PM

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 31, 2008 03:52PM

I've done some reading on HPV and found that in young people who do not have repeated exposure, there is little chance that it will become cancerous.

However, if you are older and have repeated exposure, you are engaging in very risky behavior.

If you got rid of the creep who gave it to you and stay celibate, I don't think you will have much to worry about.

If you can't stay celibate, always use protection, always, no matter what. It might not work 100% of the time because some tissues will always be exposed but it's better than nothing.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: December 31, 2008 08:37PM

so someone who has sex one or more times is a "creep"?

maybe you could increase your HPV readings......

Date: December 31, 2008 10:34PM

[maybe you could increase your HPV readings.]

You are insinuating that I am ignorant. I can assure you that is far from the case.

Anyone who is not a virgin is potentially infected.

If you are not a virgin you are also potentially infected.

If you do not know without a doubt that you are not infected, i.e. you are not a virgin and have been tested for HPV and found to be negative or you are a virgin, you are ok. If not, and you still have unprotected sex with someone, you are a creep, unless you have discussed the situation with your partner and he or she accepts is.

I would never have sex with a person if I didn't know I was absolutely devoid of any STDs and he was as well.

Posted by: Meditating ()
Date: December 31, 2008 11:29PM

I am so sorry to hear of your situation. I hope whatever advice you consider here that you spend plenty of time researching it responsibly and not just rely on what people "know" as the natural remedy communities are overrun with disinformation. This caveat certainly includes my advice.

My suggestion is to read up on and consider grapefruit seed extract (GSE), which can be taken internally and if properly diluted can be used as a @#$%&. GSE is a broad spectrum anti-microbal that kills over 800 different bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It works by preventing the microbe from replicating and then your own immune system should be able fight it off. Some microbes it just kills directly.

I believe that HPV and common warts are from the same or similar virus. GSE is successful in killing warts via topical application but I would assume there would also be a response to taking it internally. Unlike antibiotics, if you take normal doses of GSE your internal beneficial bacteria will not be killed off.

Best of luck to you.

Date: January 01, 2009 01:47AM

FYI

Gardisil is an immunization recommended for young women to PREVENT transmission of HPV

Antibiotics are used to fight Bacterial infections NOT Viral infections

Judging others is bad for one's own health

Posted by: Meditating ()
Date: January 01, 2009 04:06AM

Although I thought this was stated in my previous post, I will clarify the point that GSE kills numerous bacteria, viruses and fungi, including the virus that causes common warts.

Since the HPV virus causes genital warts, it makes sense it would kill the HPV virus. I just did a quick google search and there are many sites discussing the use of GSE to combat the HPV virus.

Regardless of whether you take GSE to eradicate bacteria, viruses, or fungi, you do not have to worry about it killing your beneficial flora, which is often a problem when taking antibiotics.

Killing the beneficial flora can cause yeast infections. Taken internally, GSE will quickly knock out a yeast infection.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: January 01, 2009 11:41PM

arugula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> You are insinuating that I am ignorant. I can
> assure you that is far from the case.
>
> Anyone who is not a virgin is potentially
> infected.
>
> If you are not a virgin you are also potentially
> infected.
>
> If you do not know without a doubt that you are
> not infected, i.e. you are not a virgin and have
> been tested for HPV and found to be negative or
> you are a virgin, you are ok. If not, and you
> still have unprotected sex with someone, you are a
> creep, unless you have discussed the situation
> with your partner and he or she accepts is.
>
> I would never have sex with a person if I didn't
> know I was absolutely devoid of any STDs and he
> was as well.

You don't know that unprotected sex occurred, first of all, as HPV is spread through SKIN genital area contact. I'm gathering most people touch their public areas (or "bang" them) during sex. Also, HPV education and awareness has been fairly recent. Thirdly, the OP chose to have sex with this person. Im assuming she wasn't raped.

There are cases of people NOT knowing they have HPV as many times it has no symptoms and the doctors don't include it in a test unless you ask for it - people can take precautions yet doctors need to tell us what we have to get tested for. I was aware of HPV, but I can tell you that NONE of my doctors ever suggested, when I would go for an STD check with a potential partner, getting a blood test or anything addition.

So I guess most of the world is a "creep" to you. That's special.

Date: January 05, 2009 10:39AM

OH, i get from whence comes your hostility.

Again, I repeat I am not uninformed, nothing you have written is news to me.

If I were in the position I suspect you to be, I'd go celibate. But, that's just me.

Posted by: satori108 ()
Date: February 09, 2009 04:38PM

Do not take Gardasil! There have been cases with horrible problems! One girl broke out in a terrible rash all down her leg, cases of Bells Palsy, even death. Do a google or Youtube search on this. I saw a video on it. I don't really trust the medical industry and this is gfood proof not too. They are touting this as a nercessary. I remember there was a debate about making this mandatory for young girls. Terrible, really.

Posted by: trumper ()
Date: February 11, 2009 01:54PM

I refrained from posting about HPV initially because I was afraid nobody will follow me.
But now after this thread popped up again I will tell you my opinion.
I refrained from posting about HPV initially because I was afraid nobody will follow me.
But now after this thread popped up again I will tell you my opinion.
Gardasil for little girls is a terrific product idea and to extend it to little boys is really imposing. As a German I am ashamed for my Nobel prize-winning German colleague who contributed to this fraud.
The cause of cervix cancer (and others) is very well known in scientific medicine for more than twenty years but ignored by mainstream medicine with the intention to realize profits.
In scientific medicine the cause of cervix cancer is a sexual frustration conflict (right-handed women before menopause) or a territorial conflict (left-handed women after menopause). The reaction of biology is ulcerations at the cervix and after conflict solution repair of the ulcerations. This tissue repair is connected with intense cell division and swelling which will be diagnosed as malicious cancer by mainstream medicine. HPV seem to play a supportive role in the healing phase like mycobacteria in lung cancer (tuberculosis).
This is only an abbreviated example. The more complex reality and the risks of healing are very well known and described in the German New Medicine (GNM)

Date: February 11, 2009 09:44PM

trumper,

Are you saying that cervical cancer is actually misdiagnosed fibrin lesions and that lung cancer is actually tuberculosis?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables