Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Keratosis Pilaris
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 15, 2010 03:01AM

Keratosis Pilaris otherwise known as 'chicken skin' is a very common skin condition.
[www.helpforkp.com]

I've had it for years, and some doctor have me some samples to try to treat it. I was surprised that one was to apply this to the area, probably for the rest of ones life. I didn't especially like the idea. I don't recall the ingredients, but it didn't sound good.

Well, I am happy to say that my KP is nearly gone. When I rub my hands on my arm I don't feel it very much. Its barely noticeable when I look in the mirror. It gives me some motivation to keep increasing raw. I hope that it will be gone completely.

Interesting, I just read that KP increases with some diseases. "There are some diseases where this is increased but since it is in 40% of the population that does not help one look for causes." Can that much of the population have some type of disease, or pre-disease state? Doing another search connected it to other skin conditions, and some vague 'genetic disorders'.
[www.rogerknapp.com]

This person experienced good results from diet. "I have stopped consuming sugar, dairy, and flour based products." Are you surprised? Still eating other animal products however. Its from a 'kp community forum'.
[www.keratosispilaris.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Keratosis Pilaris
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 15, 2010 02:49PM

Reading the descriptions of the many varied forms of keratosis leads me to think that they are all symptoms of the same disorder--dysbiosis--manifesting in different forms within a single disorder. So yes, I do believe that it's possible that many, many people are in a disease or predisease condition and don't know it. It's like my doctor says, no one develops fill-in-the-blank spontaneously; there are always signs, but they may be too inconspicuous or vague to notice.

Date: January 16, 2010 02:42AM

tamukha,
or the signs are just passed off as not important?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 16, 2010 02:51AM

Here's a blurb from Shelton's Orthopathy:

KERATOSIS

Definition: The term means any affection of the epidermal layer of the skin, but is particularly applied to localized overgrowths of the horny layer. Three chief forms are described as follow:

Contagious Follicular Keratosis is seen generally in childhood, but may develop in adults. Several members of the same family may be affected at the same time thus giving rise to the belief that it is "contagious." It begins as small, black points that spread from the elbows and knees practically over the whole body. Papules develop around the black points and often become inflamed.

Follicular Keratosis is a rare hypertrophic affection of the oil glands at the roots of the hair. Small, dark papules embedded in the follicles, often crowned with horny projections, which, when removed, leave pits. They are most common on the scalp, face, chest, loins and inguinal region, chiefly of men. The condition is chronic and progressive. The general health is said "not to be disturbed," though there may be annoying subjective symptoms.

Keratosis Pilaris (lichen pilaris) is keratosis of the hair follicles and presents the development of small papules due to hypertrophy of the outer skin at the mouth of the hair follicles. Developing as dirty-gray, pin-head elevations, each pierced by a hair, usually upon the extensor surfaces of the arms and legs; they have the appearance of "goose flesh" in mild cases and feel like a nutmeg grater to the touch. There is little or no itching. Most people develop the affection in some degree.

Etiology: Toxemia and a lack of cleanliness seem to account for these conditions.

Care of the Patient: Adequate bathing and good general hygiene should result in speedy disappearance of all forms of keratosis.

Date: January 16, 2010 05:27AM

-not!
"Toxemia and a lack of cleanliness seem to account for these conditions."

I am not sure how toxemia is defined. But I am very clean, always have been. Hygiene issues are commonly believed to be associated with acne also. I found that NOT to be true at all, at least that is my experience.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 16, 2010 06:06AM

This is internal hygiene (health), related to having toxins (toxemia) in the blood. Are you saying that people who have skin issues like keratosis are free from internal toxins?

Date: January 16, 2010 06:49AM

"Toxemia and a lack of cleanliness"
No, just sounds poorly worded. It sounds like two different conditions. Also confused with general notions about 'hygiene'. But in a different context it makes sense.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 16, 2010 11:29PM

I found the vocab confusing also, Bryan. Mr. Shelton means if one is clean inside and out, one won't have this problem, I guess.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables