Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My son's school is offering the H1N1 Vaccine...
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: January 05, 2010 06:13PM

My son goes to a small private (Christian) school & brought a not home yesterday informing us that they will be giving the vaccinations next Mon/Jan 11. The letter has all the usual govt. propaganda about how the CDc has identified this horrid swine flu thing & all the other nonsense that goes with it.

They are offering the vaccine as; 1. Traditional injection, 2. Nasal spray.

The students are not required to take the vaccine, but here is my dilemma. I would like to keep him home that day, because it is a relatively small school, his Jr. class is only around 65 students total.

In that close environment, I am certain many will be sneezing that nasal spray back out of their nose, and I am not too keen on him being in the proximity of said offenses.

If he stays home, It would be considered an unexcused absence, in which he would receive a 50% grade for any work completed that day.

Nice policy, huh?

He gets excellent grades, but I do not appreciate the 50% deduction, nonetheless...

Actually, I would like to keep him out for two days, to cover any additional fallout that may carry over from the prev. days' "poisoning".

I will be contacting the school admin. to discuss this with them, but as the saying goes, I know you can't fight city hall. However, I feel my position does need to be heard & respected in regards to this.

Just wanted to get this out there, in case any others here run into a similar situation...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My son's school is offering the H1N1 Vaccine...
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 06, 2010 02:50AM

Why is it an unexcused absence? Also, have you been on Mercola's site lately? Lots of good ammo should you need it.

Date: January 06, 2010 03:00AM

Well, if he is not sick it is considered "unexcused". But, this may turn out well. The admin called me this evening, & apparently my talk with her secretary earlier had a bit of an impact.

They are considering dumping the whole idea, as they were not real crazy about it in the first place. Since it is causing a bit of contention with my family, some of the staff and others, it is looking like the vaccinations may not take place as planned.

There are plenty of places that are offering vac. clinics, such as Rite Aid, Walgreens, Wal-mart, others; No sense bringing it into private schools. Funny that none of the Doctors will do the immunizations...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2010 03:01AM by juicerkatz.

Date: January 06, 2010 12:38PM

That's good news. This Swine Flu nonsense has acheived Rabelaisian ludicrousness--even international health organizations are issuing formal statements indicating the whole thing was blown out of proportion and in an embarassing way. Strange that it's taking sooooooo long for American school districts to hear the news.

If it's a small parochial school, jk, and you're in Pennsylvania or thereabouts, you could probably have your son opt out on moral grounds. I am not categorically anti-vaccine, but I advocate informed consent--duh. If you aren't familiar with them here's the website of NVIC, with info on how to acquire exemptions:

[www.nvic.org]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 06, 2010 07:09PM

i was under the understanding the worse flu wave has already come and gone ... seems kinda late now smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 06, 2010 07:09PM

>>>I am not categorically anti-vaccine, but I advocate informed consent<<<

That is an interesting statement from you, Tamu...

Are you saying that you agree with the use of certain vaccines?

Date: January 06, 2010 09:51PM

jk,

Yes. I have no idea what proportion of modern vaccines is actually therapeutic, and I think vaccinating children for things like chicken pox is laughable, but the small series of vaccines that my peers and I got when we were kids[M/M/R] were therapeutic and may be advisable under certain circumstances, if the formulation works and is safe. It's crazy how vaccines are manufactured today. It's like someone from Novartis or wherever scans a mid-19th century medical textbook and says, "Yup, lets put the fear in everyone about this thing, whatever it is," and then they manufacture a vaccine for it proactively and get the CDC and FDA to push it in a vacuum, "just in case." It's so clearly cynical profit-increasing measures by Big Pharma.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2010 07:59PM

i'm happy to hear that your voiced concerns had such a positive impact, whoo for you! looks like you weren't the only one either.

i am fairly anti-vaccine but i have to say that i've been on the fence about tetanus for years. i wonder though how menonites and the amish keep from dying of it in droves since they are regularly exposed to the source (barn yarn animal feces). makes you think anyhow. we are still all needle free in this family wo i guess i'm not really On the fence so much as near it.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 25, 2010 01:15AM

I am against all vaccines, for adults and children. I have seen the behavior of many children these days and I used to believe that it was simply poor parenting that had created a type of brattiness that I had never seen before. However, upon really observing said behavior, I now feel that it is either autism in some form or a related syndrome that causes tantrums for no reason whatsoever (at least what can be seen). For instance, several instances of children melting down when they are in a nice setting like a coffee house, having a donut and hot chocolate (and yes, I realize that such a diet may be enhancing their actions, but we ate like this as kids and didn't exhibit this type of behavior). They just seem unhappy.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 29, 2010 08:56PM

right now we have over 11000 trial vaccines on the market, kinda like shoot out at the OK corral, from what ive read vaccines kill far more than they save, you sure dont need a virus to sell vaccines, just look whats up, what has reduced the world mortality rate is better understandings of hygene.
no thanks donald drug.
Lapaz rhb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables