Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Natural Anti-inflammatory
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 27, 2008 11:56PM

I have some torn ligaments in one knee that will require surgery to repair. For various reasons I can't have the surgery for a while so I have been managing the pain. I can mostly manage the pain with short series of anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen and then being careful of how I use the knee afterwards. For the most part, when my knee becomes super painful I end up taking ibuprofen for a few days then I am ok for a couple weeks before I do something stupid to reinjure the knee.

I have never been a pill popper and I hate the idea of taking pills and ibuprofen, but living with that type of extreme knee pain is not an option.

Are there tried and true natural pain relievers that you would suggest?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Natural Anti-inflammatory
Posted by: RawLibrarian ()
Date: December 30, 2008 11:52PM

Turmeric is a major, major anti-inflammatory. It's a wonderful herb and "conventional" medicine is getting with the program. There have been studies that show that turmeric really helps with arthritis pain (arthritis is inflammation of the joints.) So perhaps it could help you too.

Here is some info:

[autoimmunedisease.suite101.com]

[www.herbs2000.com]

I am guessing that you could take the turmeric powder and put it in capsules; or maybe it is available in tablet or tincture form already.

Hope this helps.

Re: Natural Anti-inflammatory
Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: January 01, 2009 03:15AM

I think the bromelian in pineapple is an anti-inflamitory.

I know how you feel taking ibprofen, I don't like to take that kind of stuff either but endup really needing it sometimes.
I don't think pineapple wil help with the pain but it should help the muscles.

One thing I have tried with sucess is pressure points that are used in acupuncture,
I find massage on the pressure points can be helpfull. Maybe epsom salt soaks for your knee?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables