Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best strength training equipment (Richard)...
Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: December 30, 2008 02:14PM

I'm not one to spend a lot of money on expensive training equipment...However I've looked all over my house and there's literally nothing that I can use for a pullup bar...

I was wondering if these are good things?

I've seen Richard use one of these in his training video's...Is it a worthewhile to get one like this for about £150?

An alternative is a squatrack but these are more expensive but more versitile...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best strength training equipment (Richard)...
Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: December 30, 2008 02:16PM

Be inventive - get a simple door pullup bar, find a tree, a garage rafter, 2 chairs and a broom stick and do reverse pushups, etc.

Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: December 30, 2008 04:00PM

Kombaiyashii...

I don't know your living/financial situation, personality or your personal goals/intentions, etc, what I'm posting here is just my opinion based on my experiences and your free to take it or leave it...but to be honest with you if you only want to do bodyweight exercise that piece of equipment you have pictured is an EXCELLENT investment if your looking for equipment to use specifically for exercise to stay safe and in good general shape, all in the comfort of your own home or even outside of the home on a LONGTERM basis, you have everything in one location and it's basically made to put up with the wear and tear that comes with vigorous exercise!...think of all the gas money, gym memberships and money spent on various equipment that you will save investing in one of these. If you want to do heavy weights with it then I would join a gym and get more specific there, watch the vids closely to see why!

If money is really a pressing issue then use objects that you know are safe, that are not living and serve no further use. I wouldn't get inventive unless your already at an advanced level of fitness and know exactly what your doing. I'd be careful using trees too, I used to use trees to exercise on because I thought I was being at one with nature but all I was doing was causing damage to them.

If you DO want equipment but don't want to spend a lot of money then try shopping around the local thrift stores/pawn shops, you can get a lot of bang for your $$$ there. Otherwise I would strongly recommend WALKING to a local park that has exercise stations or climbing frames/swings and doing the best you can with them when nobody is using them.

Otherwise you can just join a gym/rec center or YMCA and use the weights/equipment there.

Hope that helped.

RB

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2008 04:10PM by richard blackman.

Date: December 30, 2008 07:01PM

Thanks man.

Hey, I was wondering...Your probably not into measuring this stuff but I was wondering how many calories do you think you have on average each day?

Oh another thing, you've got some positively freakishy abs...What are your best abdominal exercises?

thanks agian,

Kom

Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: December 30, 2008 08:13PM

Kombaiyashii Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks man.
>
> Hey, I was wondering...Your probably not into
> measuring this stuff but I was wondering how many
> calories do you think you have on average each
> day?
>
> Oh another thing, you've got some positively
> freakishy abs...What are your best abdominal
> exercises?
>
> thanks agian,
>
> Kom

Your right...I've no interest in measuring or counting nutrients and my best ab exercise is the one that I enjoy doing the most at any given time.

RB

Date: December 31, 2008 12:43PM

Hey Richard, this is what I'm planning on eating today...

15-20 bananas
2 yellow Mellons
400g of organic grapes

Is this more or less what you have on an average day?

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: December 31, 2008 01:58PM

Kombai, maybe you might get some tips from this site

[www.rawfighter.com]

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: December 31, 2008 02:56PM

Kombaiyashii, go to Richards web site and read it. That should clear things up for you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables