Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tubal ligation
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 05, 2010 10:08PM

I want it. 2 children is enough for me, I'm nearly 40, I am finished breeding smiling smiley.

Is there anyone who knows of side effects that I wouldn't find out with a general search? I've read about changes in menstruation, cramps, moodswings etc along with the risks of any surgery but those seem reasonable to me. Is there anything else though? I read that it can reduce the chance of ovarian cancer, not that I am afeared of getting that with my healthy lifestyle, but my mom seems to think it increases risks (though she's not sure of what). Love to hear what you have to say on the subject, you brilliantly healthy people winking smiley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tubal ligation
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 06, 2010 12:31AM

well I have no personal experience with it,lol... but heres an article I found on googlegrinning smiley
this one seems pretty informative!
[www.estronaut.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: July 07, 2010 01:48PM

Thanks, I read it all.

No one here has had it done or knows anyone who has?

Date: July 08, 2010 02:40AM

My big sister had it done, I called her actually after reading this initially, she didnt really have anything else to add other than she was out of commission for awhile after the surgery, but she is, er... rather large... so maybe your recovery would be faster, plus she eats SAD...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: July 08, 2010 06:20PM

Hi coco:

I had it done right after my fourth child was born in 1993.

I don't recall any ill effects. It seems to me that my periods got a little shorter, although more intense for a day or two sometimes, but who knows whether that was connected, or just an adjustment after five years of almost continuous pregnancies (I had four kids in four and a half years).

Then, when I had to do chemotherapy at the age of 40, I got knocked right into menopause, and haven't had any problems since. (8 years ago) Even if I do develop problems, who can say the origin.

Don't know if that offers any help, but I would not hesitate to do it again, haven't had any major troubles, at least not connected with that.

Sapphire

Date: July 08, 2010 10:42PM

It's covered here so I'm going to book it. I'm looking forward to never having to worry about pregancy again in my life. I love my kids lots, don't get me wrong, but I'm finished making them myself grinning smiley.

Date: July 08, 2010 11:16PM

Good luckgrinning smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 08, 2010 11:59PM

Thanks! And thanks for the info too. I'll let you know how it goes for me.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: July 15, 2010 06:07PM

Good luck coco, sounds like a great plan for you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables