Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

H1N1 whitewashing...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 19, 2010 02:27PM

What, are they gearing up for their next campaign now?

[ca.news.yahoo.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: H1N1 whitewashing...
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 19, 2010 03:02PM

So, let's see... the "H1N1 vaccination program averted nearly one million cases and as many as 50 deaths" because a comparatively small percentage of the total population there was vaccinated... and the larger percentage of people that WERE NOT vaccinated and did not get H1N1 doesn't prove it was NOT needed? (Ha! I've never written so many negatives in one sentence.)

Somebody's making a lot of money off of this.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: July 19, 2010 03:57PM

That's what it's all about, that's it right there. $$

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 19, 2010 04:53PM

The worst thing about this is that, on several fairly bright political message boards here in the States, there is increasingly more frequent mocking/dismissal of vaccine cautionists as anti-science kooks. The people who think this don't know a darn thing about vaccines, I'll wager; they are just buying the propaganda and are thoughtlessly discounting alternate views out of unconscious submission to peer pressure. Now, I expect this from certain other quarters, but where smart, well educated, critical thinker types abound? No, and that's truly terrifying. We are at war, a war to assert Truth. And we are losing.

Date: July 19, 2010 05:09PM

We ARE at war, a war to assert choice and we are losing!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 19, 2010 07:18PM

What is scary is how other citizens who buy into the propaganda act like those who CHOOSE not to vax are putting them in peril! So "they" have the populace policing one another! Of course, I don't give a fig what they say...I will never get one of those shots.

Date: July 19, 2010 08:59PM

banana who,

The rampant illogic is most vexing to me: I was discussing this very thing with a pro-vacciner last year and she was like,
"Unvaccinated children shouldn't be allowed in school with my child!,"
and I was like, "Is your child vaccinated?,"
and the woman replied, haughtily, "Of course she is!"
To which I answered, "Then she can't catch anything from the unvaccinated kids and there's no problem, riiiiiiight?"
And she just went, "Eh . . . um . . . "

Sometimes, it hurts here[pointing to forehead]

Date: July 19, 2010 09:06PM

Vaccinated kids are something a risk to those who are not vaxed, NOT the other way round. People should keep their kids at home after sticking them with needles just to be sure they don't infect any babies or old people. *sarcasm*

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 20, 2010 02:36AM

I dunno about anyone else out there, but I DIDN'T get the vaccination, I caught H1N1 and I almost died, thats part of why im broke now, my share of cost killed my savings,LOL...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: July 20, 2010 01:09PM

Curator,

I'm sorry to hear that. The problem with H1N1 is that in most people, its effects are about as severe as regular flu, so that is why the vaccinations were perceived as overhyped. I knew a couple of families that contracted it and they were sick for about a week and then fully recovered. But they weren't people prone to flu infections prior to.

Perhaps you immune system was already compromised some way, or perhaps your particular organism is susceptible to this class of influenzas for some reason[back in '18-'19, the Native population suffered especially egregious losses from Spanish Flu]. I'm sure you have pondered this, with your facile brain. I'm glad you survived and are getting stronger. Hope you have superhuman resistance to the next one to come around smiling smiley

Date: July 21, 2010 05:12AM

I agree with ya on that, it actually has a lower fatality rate than the normal flu, the source of their fear though is that the last time H1N1 made an appearance, it killed millions... although that was before much of modern medicine really existed... their fear was warranted, but yeah definitely blown way out of proportion compared to how minor it ended up being.

I have a weak immune system because of my insomnia, I was sick for over a month, and recovery took months more... since Ive been juicing ive actually been able to sleep a bit longer than I usually do once I get to sleep, so that will probably show some benefits, oh I ended my juice fast on day 9 btw, was invited to a bbq, there was a great salad and corn on the cob...mmmmmm...the cornbread did not sit well...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 21, 2010 05:40AM

The last time swine flu was about was in the 70's as far as I know, and then there was another strain for which they were using this very vaccine around 10 years ago (same flu? I remember the dire predictions that time and it was the same story). It makes the rounds, millions do not die. It's such a farce. I'm very sorry for you that you were so sick, that does happen and many young people and the elderly can be at great risk but that has something to do w their immune systems too. All the relatively healthy people in the world can't be expected to lessen their own good health with injections of toxic garbage to help bolster the ailing health of others. It's so crazy. It's like irradiating food instead of making sure the people who handle it wash their hands. The whole thing is nearly incomprehensible to me!

Date: July 21, 2010 06:47AM

Coco, the flu epidemic of 1918 was H1N1,and that killed an estimated 20-40 million people. its milder effect on us today is do to the fact that most older people are resistant to it because of the few other times it made its rounds, there have only been 4 flu pandemics in the last 100 years, starting with that one in 1918, and our resistance has been building ever since, people in my age range and young children are the most at risk as we haven't had the benefit of previous exposure, I have now, so when the next one rolls around I should be better off than my own children, same as this time around, where both me and my dad caught he only has one functioning lung, thats at around 70% capacity, and he was fine, mild symptoms that where gone in a week,but he has been alive through 2 of the variations of H1N1,3 now...lol...

Here are two interesting articles.
[virus.stanford.edu]
[www.scientificamerican.com]

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 21, 2010 01:42PM

Swine flu of 1976
[www.facebook.com]

some good info
[articles.mercola.com]

Kick a$$ article
[www.theatlantic.com]

Date: July 21, 2010 04:16PM

Curator,

Agree with coco about the pathology: this was not the H1N1 Spanish Influenza post-WWI, and thankfully, no booby on the telly suggested it(imagine the panic that would've ensued, lordy!). The strain everyone was freaking out about last year was the same that was a tic in '76. This is all, sadly, a profit motive issue and not a public health one at all. Oddly, whenever I'm feeling fed up with news of man's inhumanity to man/beast/whatever, I have been known to sigh, "My friend the flu will fix everything." Of course I wish no harm to befall people I care about, like all of you here. It's a good thing I'm not God, eh? winking smiley

As for insomnia, truly wishing you good luck with that--I was constantly sick with pathogenic infections in childhood because of my sleep disorder-induced immune probs. Hope you beat this for good soon, soon smiling smiley

Date: July 21, 2010 10:07PM

wellll, of course its not the same, they mutate and change, however it was a very similar strain, and I personally, agree with the scientists who have spent their whole life studying this stuff and have coded the DNA of the different flu strains, proving they all had the same source, and found that the 1918 flu and h1n1 today are the same strain, just slightly changed, DNA dont lie, and as far as your articles go coco, I just got through stating that old people are already resistant to H1N1 (and all variants) and even when they where making a big deal of it they specifically stated people in my age range and younger where the most at risk, because we weren't around for the last time it showed up.

I never argued for the efficacy of the vaccine, it was obviously a crap vaccine, plus since most people alive today are mostly resistant to H1N1 most people weren't in any real danger to begin with, it was just another case of the government using fear to control the masses, but that doesnt change the fact that genetically its pretty much the same as the 1918 flu, which is WHY its less dangerous than the seasonal flu!

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 24, 2010 06:14PM

H1N1 Spanish Influenza post-WWI, First major out break was in Kansas,
Then it moved to Washinton state, then to Mexico. mabey it should have been named
the Kansas flu of 1918 or the Washington flu. any way as a vaccine salesperson said you dont need a virus to sell vaciines. over 1200 trial vaccines out right now, are we safe yet? Overdosed on propaganda soup here in Ameraka.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables