Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Coffee Enemas
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2009 07:09AM

Anyone have any experience with these?

I was raw vegan for about 8 months and noticed definite disolving of liver spots on my skin. I have recently tried these coffee enemas for about a week and have noticed a clearing of my eyes.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has direct experience with these.

(I am refeffing to the protocol advocated by the German physician, Max Gerson, M.D.)

TIA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coffee Enemas
Posted by: dave6 ()
Date: January 11, 2009 07:10PM

Hi Ponder

I have done probably close to 60-70 coffee enemas and have had and am still getting amazing results. After years of trying detox and cleansing supplements and treatments nothing has came close to the simplicity and effectivness as the coffee enema.

You can get special coffee for doing enemas its much better

Its sawilsons coffee

Peace

Posted by: cy ()
Date: January 11, 2009 08:41PM

wow!! I've never done coffee enema but I was always interested .
Please,could you tell me how it is done? Do you fill the bag with coffee?
Do you hold?How long?Has to be a warm coffee or cold?
How many times do you do the coffee enema ?Just once in a day?And how many times a week or month?
I'd appreciate if you could answer my questions.Thank you so much .

Posted by: dave6 ()
Date: January 11, 2009 09:00PM

There is tons on info on the net

I do two a day, one after the other. Boil some distilled water then add coffee, simmer for 20mins. Add cold water to bring to body temp then add to enema bag. Hold for twenty minutes then release.

Wait 20 minutes then do another one

Good luck

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: January 11, 2009 10:34PM

Personally, I would never do a 'coffee enema', because I am certain that coffee should not be going up my bottom.

I'm not surprised that the body initiates a mass expulsion. Whatever 'cures' there appear to be in the short-term, I believe eventually there will be a price to pay for this practice.

The simplest and most effective way to detox is to (water) fast.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 11, 2009 11:22PM

Debbie - I couldn't agree more.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 12, 2009 01:02AM

The secret ingredient isn't the coffee, it's the caffeine, which dilates the bile ducts. This is said to facilitate excretion of cancer breakdown products by the liver and dialysis of toxic products from blood across the colon wall.

But there's no proof that they are worth doing, and there have been at least 2 reported deaths and other complications such as septicemia and colitis.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: January 12, 2009 02:54AM

Dave6, thank you so much.
I'll do that soon.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 12, 2009 05:10AM

something to consider from rawfoodexplained.com

The only place where water should enter the body is through the mouth. The body does its own cleaning of its internal parts. Putting water in parts of the body where it doesn't belong constitutes interference with normal body processes. It is enervating to take enemas or colonics, and enervation leads to toxemia and disease.
The symptoms of enervation that people experience after an enema or colonic are usually mistaken for symptoms of well-being. This is a common error, but one that needs to be corrected if health is to be obtained. An analogy can be made between enemas and drugs. Amphetamines, also know as "uppers," definitely give a feeling of well-being. Yet, they do not bring health and, in fact, are extremely detrimental to the health. Just because something makes you feel good (at first) does not mean it is good for you. It could be that it's stimulating and enervating you and setting the stage for disease.

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: January 12, 2009 05:30AM

Dr. Max Gerson's experience was that if his cancer patients did not do colonics or enemas to assist in the detoxification process, the toxins would overload the bloodstream and threaten the patient's survival.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2009 05:33AM by Omega.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: January 12, 2009 06:33AM

glorified hygienic expert Dr. Graham HAS used enemas (albeit in a very small percentage of cases)

he speaks out vehemently against them as a practice yes, and puts forward what he believes is a better for the body as per his philosophic 'natural' theories. and thats OK

but here we have the same nonsense as the recent supplement thread. How can translate from 'unnecessary' to 'useless' is beyond me. The hygienic point is it is better to correct the problem rather then supplement. But that in some situations supplements might be helpful or necessary. to further strike how hypocritical this is, many hygienists also take a b-12 supplement, how can bacteria be 'alive' but a ground up dried herb be 'dead' or ineffective? How can supplements be the culprit of over-sufficiency and imbalance of vitamins and minerals as they are often cited ( which is a valid point) and be useless snake oil?

why people feel to chime in on issues they have absolutely no experience or knowledge of something is beyond me.

I guess its important to hear all sides, but please, lets not quote individuals or websites as the authority on what is natural unless we got 100 monkeys in a room at work.

Surely no one is arguing that we are talking about anything other then man made tools and processes designed to facilitate an overburden body with millennia of remove from natural paradigms.

personally I think enemas are kind like hydrotherapy-lite, as they don't seem to get at the gaseous matter and ancient debris. But during fasting they are probably great for removing the entering toxin. Generally a good hydrotherapist is skilled in energy work and abdominal massage as well which really makes the process work.

Whatever toxins don't get removed through the bowel during fasting or any raw eating program just get reabsorbed by the system, it has nothing to do with correcting symptomology or 'cures'. I've been told by a practitioner that she is always seeing folks that have done extended water fasting that have come to them as a last resort after much distress, being cynical from the start sometimes they are pleased that not all that much comes out, so the therapist makes a deal with the person that they will front both bills if the person does a few days of green juices and comes back and nothing happens. In every case the person pours black waste and the practitioner keeps their cash.

I hope people walk their walk, and hit their cloths/car with a stick when they are dirty from the effects of a modern lifestyle.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 12, 2009 01:29PM

anaken Wrote:

>why people feel to chime in on issues they have absolutely no experience or knowledge of something is beyond me.

i don't know who you're referring to but all i said after the excerpt was "something to consider"

i fail to see what is wrong with submitting a concept for anyone here to consider and investigate on their own.

and
wouldn't it be better to confront Graham and get a response on his board instead of hiding over here?

before you accuse me of same, i have confronted brian clement directly, for example, instead of just complaining about him anonymously and indirectly.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 12, 2009 03:07PM

I don't consider coffee enemas useful and this is why: In her behalf, I asked my mother's oncologist about them. I'd read many conflicting reports about the efficacy of coffee enemas, as we on this thread are seeing, and was mighty confused. Also, I was aware that enemas used to be less esoteric in medicine, and were occasionally ordered by clinicians, so I figured a doctor of several decades' practice would know. He sighed and stated that there's a physiological reason why waste only goes in one direction in a healthy intestine, and that's DOWN. He reminded me that, because of the way a fetus develops curled up in the womb, the bowel and the liver share a veinous system, chiefly the portal vein. As a result, it is possible for any particulates, including fecal matter and pathogens, to be redirected through the porta and back up to the liver during a vigorous "flush." He concluded that, although no one is sure how often this may occur, it CAN occur, and that the liver is not supposed to process @#$%&. I think that's the technical term he used smiling smiley Being a pragmatist, this was good enough an explanation for me.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: January 12, 2009 07:57PM

Fresh

I was referring not at all to your post. I said it was OK to pass on contrary information, you didn't put your spin on it so I don't see why you are getting defensive. If I mentioned 'website' is because I was speaking of phenomena that goes way beyond this thread.

2.) I've already exonerated Graham in my post, why would I pick a fight with him? He has his ideas, and that is OK...its folks interpretations when they make comments that have no validity that come more from their own insecurities and desire for absolutes. Its funny when issues come up on the message boards where he says that probiotics or enemas or whatever might serve some (minute) purpose. Its like watching people finding out there is no Santa Claus. "but.. but.."

Tammukka,

ask any doctor and virtually all will say the body can digest any combination of food...or they will say they have never even thought of such a thing. As I can see you thinking out of consideration from your mother. Ask them next time why hospitals are equipped with some of the most dangerous and damaging irrigation practices imaginable then?

Again, lets not be sold on any particular 'design' and ideals and move to where the real facts show.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 12, 2009 11:13PM

Read my post again, anaken! The doctor I asked wasn't some squealy wet-behind-the-ears Scrubsie. He's a hematologist practicing medicine since before you and I were born, and since before medical curriculum became anti-Hyppocratic. He cited basic anatomy. Wearily. I betcha he's been hearing about coffee enemas since before you and I were born. Maybe he even tried a few back in the day. I didn't want a debate about allopathic vs. alternative medicine attrition rates:

"You people kill people!"
"Yeah? So do you!"

I just wanted a nice left brain answer. And that's what he gave me. And I was glad because my mom had metastasis to her liver, and I sure as hell didn't want to make it worse. And just so you know, that doctor would be the first to agree with me, and you, evidently, that modern medicine can be rather misguided. That's why he craves information about alternative therapies.

They're not ALL Darth Vader, you know smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2009 11:19PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 14, 2009 01:18AM

Thanks for all the responses.

Dave6, could you possibly provide some specifics with regard to the benefits that you have experienced from coffee enemas?

Also, do you really notice a difference using the sawilsons coffee (i.e., as opposed to another run-of-the-mill organic coffee)?

I understand quite well the two sides of this debate, and I certainly appreciate the NH perspective on this sort of thing.

I will simply emphasize that what Omega mentioned in his or her post is indeed true. (This is why coffee enemas have become an indispensable part of the Gerson protocol for treating cancer patients.)

I will emphasize also that I have come to regard Max Gerson as one of the foremost health pioneers when it comes to alternative (and *effective*) cancer therapy. His daughter, Charlotte (whom I have heard speak on numerous occasions), runs a very successful cancer clinic that is now located in Mexico (for reasons that are probably obvious to those on a board like this).

I might also mention that the principal focus of these enemas is -- not the colon -- but, rather, the liver.

Thanks again for all the responses.

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: January 14, 2009 06:47PM

Dave6,

I too would like to know if there is a difference when one uses sawilson's coffee. On their site, they say it is much higher in caffeine...
Thanks for your tips and advices as I understand that kind of enema is sovereign for the liver.

thanks

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: January 17, 2009 07:06PM

Dave6?

Posted by: vegangreekgirl ()
Date: June 25, 2013 04:42AM

Only the uneducated don't understand coffee enemas.

The very last part of the colon, before reaching the rectum, is in an ā€œSā€ shape and called the sigmoid colon. By the time stool gets to this part of the colon, most nutrients have been absorbed back into the bloodstream. Because the stool contains products of putrefaction at this point, there exists a special circulatory system between the sigmoid colon and the liver. There is a direct communication of veins called the enterohepatic circulation. Have you ever felt sick just before having a bowel movement, when stool material has just moved into the rectum for elimination? As soon as the material is evacuated, you no longer feel sick. This is due of the toxic quality of the material and the enterohepatic circulation coming into play. Because of this, it is important to evacuate when you have the urge. The rectum should usually be empty.

This circulatory system enables toxin to be sent directly to the liver for detoxification, rather than circulating them through the rest of the body and all of its vital organs including the brain. This system of veins carries rectal / sigmoid toxins directly to the liver for detoxification.

When a coffee enema is used, the caffeine from the coffee is preferentially absorbed into this system and goes directly to the liver where it becomes a very strong detoxicant. It causes the liver to produce more bile (which contains processed toxins) and moves bile out toward the small intestine for elimination. This seems to free up the liver to process more incoming toxic materials that have accumulated in the organs, tissues and bloodstream. The coffee does not go into the systemic circulation, unless the enema procedure is done improperly.

The coffee contains some alkaloids that also stimulate the production of glutathione-S-transferase, an enzyme used by the liver to make the detox pathways run. It is pivotal in the formation of more glutathione, one of the main conjugation chemicals, enabling toxins to be eliminated via bile into the small intestine. So in other words, a coffee enema speeds up the detoxification process and minimizes the backlog of yet to be detoxified substances.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: June 26, 2013 11:44AM

<<<The doctor I asked wasn't some squealy wet-behind-the-ears Scrubsie. He's a hematologist practicing medicine since before you and I were born, and since before medical curriculum became anti-Hyppocratic. He cited basic anatomy. Wearily. I betcha he's been hearing about coffee enemas since before you and I were born. Maybe he even tried a few back in the day. I didn't want a debate about allopathic vs. alternative medicine attrition rates>>>

"THERE IS NO USE IN TRYING TO EDUCATE THE OVEREDUCATED; THEY'VE ALREADY MADE UP THEIR MINDS ABOUT HOW THINGS WORK." -Dr. Hazel Parcells

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables