Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The hazzards of shopping, BPA found on store receipts.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 16, 2010 05:03PM

Depressing, sorry.

[www.rawfreedomcommunity.info]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The hazzards of shopping, BPA found on store receipts.
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 16, 2010 06:31PM

Eh, I get rid of those things right away because they are soaked in flame retardent anyhow, so it's just as well. I was talking about these things with a pharmacist friend of my mom from Windsor, ON, who has really gotten into purifying her home, and she clutched her head and wailed, "When did all this become legal?!" And I was like, "There, there. It only hurts because you're hearing about it all at once instead of little by little over the course of years, like I have," and she replied, "I'd still go crazy . . . "

Date: August 16, 2010 09:43PM

Receipts are soaked in flame retardent? Why?!!??? WTF. Gratutious use of chemicals or something? Sheesh.

I use them for note paper or at least take them home to recycle them. Not anymore, geez louise, nothing's safe At All! It's totally frightening how many little parts of daily life are actually deadly poison.

Date: August 16, 2010 11:11PM

Yes, because they're paper, see? And someone could light up a cigarette surreptitiously near the self-serve chekout teller, see, and then put the cigarette out on the machine, and, you know set the paper inside on fire, see? And burn down the grocery store. Seriously, I think it's so the paper doesn't catch fire in storage or in transportation. I guess it evades the regulators' notice that paper is flammable and that's what it is, and it'll burn, flame retardant or no.

Date: August 17, 2010 12:19AM

Look at this shite

[www.cbc.ca]

It's in all of us!

Date: August 17, 2010 04:39PM

coco,

Do you ever watch "The Fifth Estate"? Honestly, I wouldn't know half of the stuff I do about contaminants in products and food if not for Canadian TV. And you watch, your government will probably take action to do something about this. Btw, have you read the book, Slow Death by Rubber Duck? I think I learned about that one on CBC's "Marketplace."

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 17, 2010 07:25PM

actually, ive found receipts weirdly difficult to catch on fire, they burn if you toss them into an already burning fire, but if you try to light them up they dont burn very well...I dont think a roll would really burn at all unless tossed into an already hot fire, really though, i wish they would stop putting crazy chemicals on random silly things...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: August 17, 2010 08:34PM

Receipts don't burn because they're soaked in flame retardant! If they weren't, you betcha they'd burn they're such fine laid paper.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 17, 2010 11:04PM

well yeah, I was just stating now it makes sense why they didnt burn well... im also even happier now that I was able to convince my friend one time not to roll a blunt in one...lol...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: August 19, 2010 02:48AM

AHH! Smoke all those chemicals? NNOOOOO!!!

I don't have a TV, I can't watch anything with this dial up connection either. Frankly, I'm sort of happy about that. I don't want to know any more...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables