Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

SICK sad smiley & need some help/advice
Posted by: Mauigirl206 ()
Date: January 06, 2009 12:17PM

So.. after 15 years of not getting a cold/flu... it hit me. And it hit me hard! I'm thinking it was the mass amount of Wonderful quality Holiday air time i spent with others on my many (many) flights i got transfered on during this past few weeks, of layovers, and delayed flights..

anyhow- i have a very sore throat cause i'm coughing constantly to clear it, today i got the stuffed up/runny nose. And my voice is almost gone. I am also going to class at night and i'm around all kinds of people who are sick as well.. I haven't taken anything in a pill form in years (tylenol/meds/poisins, etc..). And my question to anyone out there at this hour (4:10 am) ... Do i have hope? lol
Do you have any helpful advice you could share, that worked for you?

I'm drinking teas with honey-
lots of water, organic throat lozenges..

anything would help at this point... i'm tempted to take my friends offer, and use her tylenol with codene.. ugh

thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SICK sad smiley & need some help/advice
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: January 07, 2009 03:28AM

How about Chinese herbs? They usually work pretty well for me.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 07, 2009 05:41AM

rest and lots of water are probably your best bet .. any meds will just supress your symptoms and prolong your cold/flu

try steaming your head over a bowl of hot water to loosen things upa bit

when i lost my voice last spring a water fast pretty much fixed me right up after 5 days

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 10, 2009 06:14PM

Mauigirl206,

I hope that you are feeling better by now. I was sick with that "mystery virus" that's going around the States from the day before Christmas to New Year's Day. It never really got me miserable, but it was weirdly mutating the whole period, with new symptoms every few days. I believe my immune system was fighting it off in slo-mo, but that wasn't good enough for me--I have a large dog that needs to be walked rain, snow, or shine! So I dumped about 3 diced unpeeled organic lemons, two diced unpeeled organic oranges, 3 small diced green apples, and half of an organic English cucumber into my Vita-Mix and whizzed it with a quart of filtered water. It was very nasty to drink, like floor cleaner, but drink it I did. And the 2nd of January, I awoke fever-, ague-, and nausea-free. I will never doubt the wisdom of Vitamin C therapy for infections again. If you can keep something like this down, I highly recommend it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 06, 2009 03:41AM

You might want to try some Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils. They work wonders on cold, congestion, stuffy noses, sinus problems. Just about anything.

You can email me and I'll be happy to give you the info on where to get them. They are miraculous!

Feel better!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 06, 2009 03:43AM

my email is jbhadv@mac.com

Posted by: happyhouse ()
Date: May 24, 2009 10:53AM

Hello

I can understand, as no one particularly likes colds and flu's - but rest assured, it has been statistically shown that people who rarely get ill are most likely to drop dead suddenly without warning - true!

The odd flu stimulates the immune system, and gives it a shot in the arm, so to speak - similar to positive immune stress...

Regardless, I have found the best protocol to get rid of sudden onset pathologies is to engage Jim Humble’s MMS protocol.

This product is centred around the compound chlorine dioxide, and you can read more about it at [www.mmshealthyforlife.com] in which many peoples real life testimonials are given.

This product can be sourced by a reputable supplier at [www.mmshealthy4life.com]

It makes for an interesting and provocative read...

Hope this helps...

Kind regards...

Adam

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 25, 2009 02:51AM

I agree with Jodi, lots of rest and sleep and eating as little as possible, perhaps even only drinking water, will get you back on your feet again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables