Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

This is like cancer month or something...
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 02, 2010 03:29AM

relatives of 3 different friends, Vinny's friend, and now my moms breast cancer is back, and has already metastasized in-spite of being checked out every two months, and is in one of her lungs...silver lining, my mom is more open to raw foods this time around...wo knows, maybe it will help... one thing you may all feel interesting, Her Doctor is actually suggesting she go vegan...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is like cancer month or something...
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 02, 2010 08:38AM

Curator - that is bad news, I am sorry. It is interesting about her doctor.

You'll be amazed to know that a guy i knew 20yrs ago with cancer was sent to the Cancer Hospital in Bristol, Uk where all the food was vegan!!!! He got better.

Wishing your Mum all the best.

Date: September 02, 2010 08:58AM

thanks, dunno who here is or isnt religious, or spiritual, or whatever one wants to call it, but I would greatly appreciate it if anyone who reads this just takes a few moments to say a small prayer for her, or send positive/healing energy to her, or even wish on a star...whatever you feel could help, thanks...

And flipperjan, thankyou, I really appreciate you putting our differences aside and posting such a nice comment, it really shows allot about your heart, im sure its a beautiful one.

good news about your friend, yeah its been shown that eating only foods, especially fresh ones, that have anti-inflammatory properties, or at least aren't inflammatory, can really help with some cancers... im gonna ship her my juicer tomorrow, that should help her get started.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 02, 2010 06:03PM

Curator,

Sorry about you mom; sending good energies her way. Her doctor has likely heard of the efficacy of high plant diets, like macrobiotics, in treating breast cancers[any kind of dairy-free plant based diet is beneficial, but this is the one that is established for breast cancer specifically]. Hope she fights hard and heals fully. Keep us posted, dear.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 02, 2010 07:58PM

Keeping your mom in our thought and prayers. Get her on the juicing bandwagon, she needs all the nutrients she can get. Several glasses/quarts per day.

Dan the man talks about this a bit in his youtube vids.

A women who was instrumental in getting me started on this path -

Dr. Lorraine Day. Healed of very invasive breast cancer/raw food diet & juices, no medical. Click on the button on the left of her page for a pic of the tumor she had on her chest...it is unbelievable..

[www.drday.com]

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 02, 2010 08:37PM

Curator - does your Mum eat dairy? According to Dr. Campbell in The China Study -casein (the protein in milk) promotes the developement of breast cancer. I can't remember the exact details now but he said something like, in tests (unfortunately on animals) tumours could be turned on or off (if you get what I mean) by the addition or withdrawal of dairy products. Of course I'm not suggesting that this could be done in your mum's case but it must surely help if she were to give up dairy.

Curator, we had a difference of opinion about one thing - i've forgotten it already. I'm sure there is masses that we agree on. I could never wish you or your Mum anything but well. Could you let me have her christian name - pm me if you would prefer - and I will send her some reiki.

Keep strong and best wishes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2010 08:39PM by flipperjan.

Date: September 04, 2010 12:40AM

thankyou everyone, your right jan, im just used to people holding grudges,so its kind of a shock when they dont,lol... Her name is Cheryl.

Oh, and she loves dairy, but she is gonna have to stop that, it is inflammatory and I believe your right, I think they have shown it does aggravate some types of cancer, my Juicer is now boxed up and on its way to her as of an hour ago, made a farewell juice, best tasting ive made yet actually... my friend zack just ordered his own, an 8006 though, he likes shiny things...lol... he said we can share his, so woohoo...

One of her lungs is really bad, they are going to be surgically removing it tomorrow...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: September 15, 2010 08:46AM

they didn't remove the lung, the tests of her lymph nodes came back positive for cancer(all of the ones they tested from around her body), so they cant operate, they are just going to treat her and hope for the best, I specifically asked her Doctor over the phone not to tell her what her supposed survival chances are, the bastard did anyway, being told "10%" can be pretty demoralizing, My brother is down there now and is going to care for her for about a month, then my big sister will be there for a week, then im going to help her for at least a month, probably for the remainder of her recovery if I can find a job there, there isn't enough room (even sleeping on the floor) for all 3 of us to be there at a time, plus we felt staggering our visits so she will be able to have somebody there helping for longer would be better for her...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: September 15, 2010 01:12PM

Curator,

So, so sorry. Keep us posted, and my most powerful positive thoughts go out to you, dear.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 15, 2010 01:32PM

Darn it. Best wishes to you and your mom. Maybe hearing 10% will make her more open to trying something radical though, nothing to lose and lots to gain. I'll stay positive in my thoughts for her. Bless.

Date: September 15, 2010 04:09PM

thankyou tam, and coco, I really appreciate that tam, but id rather they be aimed at her instead of me, she needs them more ^_^... I also wanna say, cause ive been withdrawing from people allot, that although we have had a few differences here and there, I consider both of you my friend and care allot about both of you, and just think your both rather amazingly wonderful people... I learned the hard way in the past, that you shouldn't go to long without letting people know how you feel, cause ya never know if after putting it off and putting it off, youl wake up one day and it will be to late.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: September 23, 2010 05:22PM

uh, well theres a bit of an update, its stage 3, projected chance of survival is 4%, being generous, I have asked her Dr not to tell her this though... And her new treating physician is trying to get her to eat mostly high fat animal proteins, says it will give her body strength to fight off the cancer, even though ive showed him multiple studies showing otherwise... I cant wait till I can get down there and talk to that...guy... in person...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 23, 2010 07:41PM

high fat animal proteins - well, sounds like a "mainstream medicine approach. Next they will be recommending simple refined sugars for her.

She definitely has an uphill climb - wishing you and the family all the best to get through this...

Date: September 23, 2010 08:18PM

Curator,

I speak from experience when I say, speak your mind to these people--where oncologists are concerned, they are smart about nutrition, and even cancer theory, in inverse proportion to their years of study and experience. To say that someone needs animal protein to "fight off" cancer, like it's a boxing match, shows a completely perverted understanding of what cancer is, what initiates it, and how it functions on a cellular level.

I am sending both you and your mom all my good energy, kiddo. Stay tough and stay hopeful. Hugs.

Date: September 28, 2010 02:59AM

thanks tam, and I have given them a very big piece of my mind, they have finally read the studies, and concede that calories and fat from plant sources would be "ok" :/... My mom wasnt convinced, till I informed her id buy her all the avocados she wants...lol... she loves avocados...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables