Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Are you gonna get vaccinated, now that it's been given the all-clear?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 06, 2011 08:51PM

Sorry,but that is how I feel about it. I don't care if so-called journalists are reporting this; they can be told what to write or even paid off. I don't care what anyone says; I will not allow anyone to dictate what I choose to put in my body! The thing that bugs me is when everyday people act like you are putting them at risk by not being a good little sheeple and doing what other people are instructed to do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2011 08:56PM by banana who.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are you gonna get vaccinated, now that it's been given the all-clear?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 06, 2011 09:21PM

What vaccine are you talking about? There are many.

Date: January 06, 2011 10:05PM

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 07, 2011 04:12PM

This is getting more traction than the Global Warming email fraud got -

The Great MMR Vaccine Fraud

[motherjones.com]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 07, 2011 04:56PM

Just saw this article from one of my favorite sources of information, The Daily Bell --

Wakefield Accused of Further Vaccine Fraud

[www.thedailybell.com]

They seem to be agreeing with we Health Conscious Raw Foodists on this issue.

I find this interesting --

"what is being done to him now, this CAMPAIGN OF APPARENT DE-LEGITIMIZATION, is fairly puzzling given obvious conclusions almost any fair-minded person would reach regarding this controversy."

Wow, I totally can relate to that smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 05:05PM by KidRaw.

Date: January 07, 2011 05:18PM

Wakefield's scientific method, if that's the phrase I want, has concerned me as being inconsistent for a couple of years now. But I don't think it's a cut and dried case of his being wrong in his suppositions and industry being right. It is distressing that there is a preponderance of evidence suggesting correlation between the standard MMR vaccine and spontaneous onset of neurological dysfunction(I don't specifically refer to Autism SD). Doesn't anybody learn about causation in science class anymore?

You can get a "gold standard" vaccine, that has no toxic adulterants, for your child. But it would slowly bankrupt the average family to do the entire vaccine series this way, as the usual health insurance plans don't cover alternative vaccines.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 10, 2011 03:31AM

The MMR is the one that gave my 2 year old brother a heart attack that nearly killed him. Is it a coincidence that he was later diagnosed as attention deficit and even later as schizophrenic? You can't convince me that it is.
Our cousin also had a negative reaction to this vaccine, he was never the same and has learning and living issues that will stay with him for life.

No needles are going to touch my babies. I am scared sensible by my own personal experience so far.

Date: January 10, 2011 06:31PM

Coco, the scariest part of this whole thing to me is the comments I read from regular people who demand that we conform to this and accuse us of putting them in danger! Of all the conspiracy theories, the one regarding mandatory shots seems plausible when you have so many regular folk who would turn in the "rebels." It's one thing when the government dictates something but when the public agree to cooperate with this sort of thing, I find it very chilling.

Date: January 10, 2011 11:18PM

banana who,

This is relentless illogic in my opinion: if your child has been vaccinated and the vaccine is effective, how could an unvaccinated child pose a threat? An unvaccinated child is a threat only if a.) one's child is unvaccinated, or b.) the vaccine is ineffective. Either or, one or the other. Pose this to people in lockstep over the flu vaccine and watch their brains literally go into sleep mode, like a computer. Now THAT is chilling.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 10, 2011 11:25PM

Most vaccines dont work forever... actually, with the flu, we could wipe it out in a single go if we could somehow vaccinate everyone in the world at the same time... (preferably with a vaccine with no mercury or whatnot in it...) and the funny thing is, if every government looked at the cost of doing this, vs the average amount its costing them every year to care for people who are sick from the flu but cant afford to pay for care themselves... it would be exponentially cheaper to just vaccinate everyone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: January 10, 2011 11:26PM

Mutates too fast, you could never vax for every strain at once. Or guarantee it wouldn't occur again. Like the common cold, mutate mutate mutate...

Date: January 10, 2011 11:43PM

it takes nearly a year for it to mutate, and Im fairly certain as little as 50% (but possibly as high as 90%) would be needed to attain herd immunity... sure we couldn't reach even the 50% mark right now, but with planning and infrastructure put in place, im sure it could be done within 5 years, 10 max, we just need the ability to produce enough first, and get everyone to work together to to evenly distribute it, it would still be far cheaper than health costs... the hard part is getting everyone giving enough of a damn to actually do whats necessary to pull it off, with so many people and different countries involved, getting them all to work together without any BS would be the only really difficult thing about it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 10, 2011 11:44PM

Right, mutates too fast. I like your idea, though, Curator--it sounds like something from the new Batman movie winking smiley

Date: January 10, 2011 11:45PM

oh, I forgot to mention, the mutated forms we get every year? thats cause it goes and has happy fun play time in third world countries where most cant afford vaccines, then comes back to say hi to us later... its like the holiday guest you swore died in a car crash last year, but somehow recovered, and is back again this year...to torture you...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 10, 2011 11:45PM

theres another new batman movie? or are you talking about the one from like a year or two ago?

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 11, 2011 02:54AM

Tamukha: Right! If you vaccinate your kid, then what's to worry about? LOL- too logical...

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: January 11, 2011 06:55AM

There are many strains of the flu virus. The latest greatest vaccine covers 3 strains and is about 70%-90% effective.

[www.cdc.gov]
[www.cdc.gov]
[www.cdc.gov]

Date: January 11, 2011 06:57AM

70-90% is all we would need if enough of it was passed out...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: January 11, 2011 07:10AM

Not if it only covers 3 strains of the many strains currently active, and is only 70+% effective.

It would be nice though if it could be done.

Date: January 11, 2011 07:17AM

im not talking about what we currently have, my above posts specifically states we would have to get all the infrastructure together and planning done to execute it, if it was actually treated seriously (which it never will be cause they make way to much money off it) then it would be fairly cheap and easy to do...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 11, 2011 12:57PM

How about if we work globally to increase the health of all people so we've got the collective immunity to resist every illness? I mean, if we're gonna invest in a herculean effort towards eliminating the flu might as well go all out winking smiley.

Date: January 11, 2011 04:45PM

Curator,

Every year, our CDC, in concert with the WHO, looks at graphs of previous influenza epidemics and then makes a guess--a GUESS--about which three strains will make the rounds in the next flu season. They then formulate vaccines based on this prediction. Clearly hardly accurate; certain flu viruses can mutate in a day. By the time that vaccine formulation hits the doage vial, it's obsolete.

Re: "Batman;" it sounds like it could be the plot of one of the newer ones from Christopher Nolan smiling smiley

Date: January 11, 2011 04:57PM

Well, just look what was in the paper today

[www2.canada.com]

High hope for a universal flu shot. Not that I want one, I'll just keep myself healthy thank you very much.

Date: January 11, 2011 06:44PM

I know this tam, my point was to re-haul the system, as they only do things the way they do it cause they don't really give a damn about stopping it, and coco, its not anywhere near the herculean effort needed to pay for all the medical costs and effort associated with the flu ... last year be4 I started juicing, I got so sick, my CMSP coverage (free medical, which existed for almost 2 decades already) covered over $30,000 in medical bills, unfortunately it only covers mostly emergency stuff... but hey, sure saved me allot of debt!!! but the government payed it... thanks tax payersgrinning smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 11, 2011 07:04PM

Revamping any system that is already in place is equal to or greater than the straight forward implementation of the system itself though. Really, a change over is a big job, it takes years to make even incremental improvements. Just look at the auto industry! Gah, they are like snails with the changes.

Date: January 11, 2011 07:11PM

I know, its only because so many people fight against it, per my original comments , I DID state it would only work if people actually chose to work together to get it done for once... working towards whats best for everyone instead of just their own private interests.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 11, 2011 07:14PM

Never happen. Most people just suck.

Date: January 11, 2011 07:39PM

Oh I know...I agree with that... im just saying, if they did, it would be easy:/... and also, that it sucks that nobody is willing to...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 11, 2011 08:05PM

like big pharma is willing to give up that annual cash cow, HA!

Date: January 11, 2011 08:10PM

Lol, exactly:/... stuff like that is the only reason it cant be done, they dont want to lose the billions it brings in every year:/

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables