Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Natural sinus relief
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2011 04:36PM

I didn't even go looking for this, it tracked me down and presented itself!

Hum to ease clogged sinus

Dealing with a cold is bad enough, but when it leads to a sinus infection, the misery can double. Some researchers have proposed a surprising remedy: channeling your inner Sinatra.

Sinus infections - which afflict more than 37 million Americans every year - generally occur when the lining of the sinuses becomes inflamed, trapping air and pus and other secretions, and leading to pain, headaches and congestion. Keeping the sinuses healthy and infection-free requires ventilation - keeping air flowing smoothly between the sinus and nasal cavities. And what better way to keep air moving through the sinuses and nasal cavity than by humming a tune?

In a study in The American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, researchers examined this by comparing airflow in people when they hummed and when they quietly exhaled.

Specifically, they looked to see if humming led to greater levels of exhaled nitric oxide, a gas produced in the sinuses. Ultimately, nitric oxides during humming rose 15-fold.

Another study a year later in The European Respiratory Journal found a similar effect: humming resulted in a large increase in nasal nitric oxide, "caused by a rapid gas exchange in the paranasal sinuses." Since reduced airflow plays a major role in sinus infections, the researchers suggested that daily periods of humming might help people lower their risk of chronic problems. But further study is needed, they said.

Anahad O'Connor
[www.chinadaily.com.cn]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Natural sinus relief
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 11, 2011 07:10PM

wow, interesting!!! *hummmmmmmmmmm*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: January 12, 2011 08:42AM

For many years I had what I thought were allergies that left my nasal passages so clogged that I mostly would breathe through my mouth. After quitting dairy my Presumed allergies went away. It was so apparent when I again tried dairy and immediately my nasal pasages filled with mucous.

I haven't tried the humming, but for me raw foods do the trick!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 12, 2011 12:31PM

Wish that worked for me, my sinuses are constantly irritated and swollen. Sensitized and irritated by life, heh.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables