Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Update on my mom.
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 22, 2010 09:58AM

well, good news and bad news, no more cancer in my moms lymph nodes, its confined to her lung now,Although I believe i covered that good news alreadysmiling smiley however the bad news, found out early yesterday, is that the cancer is completely inoperable, they believe her chances of surviving the operation are to low to even risk their careers over, so instead they have suggested more pain meds and chemo until she dies from one or the other, or the mix...I know its not the nature of life to be fair, but is it wrong to wish that just once it was?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Update on my mom.
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 22, 2010 02:10PM

Sorry to hear this. Very, very sorry. Hoping that you can find a way to help heal or to simply deal. Make every moment with your mother from now on as meaningful as possible, whatever happens. Be the best son you can be.

Sending cosmic hugs and soothing energy your way.

Date: December 23, 2010 12:04AM

thanks tam, I'll be doing my best... she started smoking again though....so i dunno if the healing part is even possible as a longshot at this point since she has just stopped caring.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 23, 2010 01:40PM

Sorry to hear curatorsad smiley, have you looked into ozone therapy? It may help to shrink the tumor.

Date: December 23, 2010 10:57PM

Ive looked into allot of stuff, all of which she refuses to try... I think she has just given up and doesnt care anymore.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:30PM

Sometimes the best thing you can do for someone is... nothing. Just be there for her. There's no telling how healing loving energy is all on it's own. For her and for you. <3

Date: December 24, 2010 02:56AM

yeah, you're right.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 02, 2011 11:43PM

Her pic line has gotten infected so the bacteria has entered her blood stream... she is in the hospital now, they are giving her anti-biotics.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 03, 2011 03:24PM

Hoping she's better soon; they deal with this kind of thing all the time, dear. Hugs.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 03, 2011 07:35PM

Well, I hope that whatever happens she will be comfortable and that you can deal with the issues regarding seeing a loved one in that condition.

Date: January 03, 2011 09:33PM

Best of luck to her, I just got some new tealites so will put a lit one in my salt crystal for her. Stay positive.

Date: January 04, 2011 01:06AM

thanks everybodysmiling smiley things are not to great, but could be worse at the moment, they are still figuring out what bacteria has caused her infectionconfused smiley and They have given her a blood transfusion because her blood count is apparently down for some unknown reason... Ironic, considering the recent conversation about blood transfusions...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 05, 2011 09:24PM

yaygrinning smiley she is doing way better now and is gonna even be coming home from the hospital todaygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 05, 2011 10:17PM

Big thumbs up! The will to recover and live is a powerful thing my friend.

Date: January 05, 2011 11:52PM

^_^

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 06, 2011 06:52PM

Glad to hear it! Hope things continue to improve!

Date: January 06, 2011 11:40PM

they have told my mom they may not continue treating her till she stops smoking... and she refuses to try any other kind of treatment now, where as be4 she showed some curiosity in some alternative treatments... its so difficult wanting to help her, and her not wanting to help herself... its like she just wants to die, and all I can do is sit around and watch her...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 07, 2011 03:26PM

Good to hear shes doing better curatorsmiling smiley

It sounds as if shes depressed which is only natural, im not a fan of SSRI's or other anti-depressants, but maybe talking to a professional might help?

Date: January 07, 2011 06:05PM

thanks powerlifer, ive tried to get her to go to the free counseling (group and or private) that the cancer center here offers... but she keeps saying she wants to, but then never goes... ive offered to go with her if she wants, or she can go alone, whatever she feels most comfortable with... ive been trying really hard to cheer her up, which has worked a tiny bit, ive gotten her laughing occasionally,lol.. so I guess thats some progress!

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 07, 2011 07:00PM

Good she has someone like yourself curator many dont have thatsmiling smiley.

It can be hard to make the first initial step with counseling and even when you do many times its a waste of time, in my opinion always you have to relate to the person who is counseling for it to be of any benefit. Not all those who do the job are really cut out for it.

I know your mom isnt too keen on trying anything alternative but i have a really good alternative guy who has taught me most of my information to date around here. If you wish for me to pass it on give me a PM even if its just options etc then let me know whenever if i can help.

Hope your mom feels better soonsmiling smiley.

Date: January 07, 2011 07:24PM

Im always up for some more info, also all the counselors at the center are cancer survivorsgrinning smiley or so a nurse told me.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 07, 2011 09:25PM

Hey powerlifer, your mailbox is full again(i still dont understand why they are so small on this site...) So I thought id respond to your mail in here.

Thanks chris, I totally didnt realize you had responded already,LOL... wasn't paying close attention, she has NSCLC, Squamous cell Carcinoma, stage 3.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 08, 2011 12:38PM

Hey curator,

woops i keep forgetting how small the inbox is on here, all deleted nowsmiling smiley.

Cool i will ask my guy and get back to you ASAP.

Date: January 08, 2011 10:18PM

thankssmiling smiley yeah, it is crazy how small it is,lol...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 14, 2011 02:05PM

I can see now why you said my mother in law sounded like your mom. I hope she feels better. Since my mother in laws husbands death, she hasn't been the same. It seems like she too has given up hope. Shes depressed, but what do I expect I would be also if someone I lived with for so long is no longer with me.

Date: January 14, 2011 09:56PM

yeah, whatever happens I hope she is able to come to peace with it soon and find some happiness...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 16, 2011 06:50PM

Will have some answers for you soon from my guy curator.

Date: January 16, 2011 09:54PM

thanks!

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 17, 2011 02:18PM

He says ozone therapy is the best and safest tool and is wondering where the cancer is located as it can make a difference on how ozone is applied.

he has a cancer write up that i can send you also, even if its only to read.

Date: January 17, 2011 09:06PM

Sure, you can send it to me on here via PM if ya want, my inbox is mostly empty.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables