Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Diet and Blood type
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 17, 2011 09:45PM

I found a resturant and specializes in the blood type diet. The menu is actually divided into sections based on blood type. A regular menu is also available for those that aren't interested, or don't understand. Its also gluten free, and organic.

Its not vegan, but it did have dishes that were vegetarian or vegan clearly marked. I wondered if it was possible to have a resturant like this, so I guess I will see if it continues to exist. One where everyone in theory could sit down at the same table, and not worry excessively about a particular food sensitivity or particular needs. Its not perfect that is for sure, but its perhaps the closest I have seen to accomodate a wide variety of health conscious consumers. What do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Diet and Blood type
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 17, 2011 10:39PM

Although Ive never believed in the blood type diet thing, I do think that restaurant is an awesome idea, they will get both people who do believe, and even people who aren't into it... it sounds like a good business model to me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 17, 2011 10:53PM

I attended a lecture with Gabriel Cousins and he discussed this topic. He has a section in conscious eating that talks about blood type, lectins etc but what he had to say about the eat right for your type book in particular was not affirming. He said that the scientist whose work that book was based on called it "wild exttrapolation".
So I guess researching this in depth on your own before you buy into it completely is a great idea. I have and I just can't agree that I am supposed to do best on a diet heavy in meat and dairy and light in fruit and veg. That has never worked for me...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 17, 2011 11:38PM

D'Adamo's hypothesis is intriguing but has very little to back it up; I almost went blind reading his very woolly research treatises. I have found it to be bunk in practice--I'm supposed to be eating my weight in goat every week, yet am not dead, in spite of not doing so-ha!--and don't know if a restaurant of this type is effectively going to change people's perception of food for the better. But, I'd probably go there and give the menu a lookover just out of curiosity.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 17, 2011 11:40PM

yeah I dont think eating meat and diary heavy diet, or ones weight in goat per week, would be good for anyone,lol... and even if it was good for me, I dont think id do it anyway,lol... goat is nasty

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: January 17, 2011 11:44PM

Baaaaaa! [cough!]

Date: January 18, 2011 12:08AM

Are you O-neg too Tam? The diet for us is ridiculous tongue sticking out smiley.

Date: January 18, 2011 02:57PM

I think its type A and AB which recommends something close to a vegetarian diet. The menu reflected that, with a lot of dishes with fruits, vegetables, tofu. It did have a few lighter flesh foods like white fish.

I am type B, and it had a lot of lamb and turkey dishes. Every blood type actually had several vegan options however. I am not sure if they are trying to capture the vegan and vegetarian crowd also. Most of the vegan dishes were raw or pretty close to all raw.

I worked for someone who used to always say "you can't be all things to all people". So, it seems to have alot of truth to it. But it sure seems like they are trying. It may not make it, but I certainly appaud them for trying. The sign on the outside says something about organic weight loss or something. Its mostly a clinic for people who want to loose weight, helping them with exercise and meal planning. There are several gymns in the immediate area, and there is the college crowd also.

Date: January 18, 2011 11:11PM

coco,

Type B. the O regimen is pretty wacky--live like a barbarian! In the Stone Age! Yeah!

Date: January 18, 2011 11:31PM

O is insane. Like NO fresh foods whatsoever. Unless they are freshly killed that is >_<.

Date: January 19, 2011 01:04PM

I wondered about the type O thing. I just read that type O is the most common type for the american population. Did they come up with this information objectively, or was it to capture american addictions and give them validation, and then ultimately money, through book and product sales?

What is weird to me is that our family is divided as far as blood type goes. I thought we would all be the same. My partners family I think is all the same type. They don't follow it. Me and my partner followed it for awhile, but eventually thought it must be bunk. We thought the only way it 'worked' was that no matter what you ordered at a typical meal at a resturant, there was always something you couldn't eat.

Last night I read the chapter on blood. There are actually other antigens outside of the ABO system: MNS,Duffy,Kell and Lewis factors. So potentially these recommendations could and should become even more specific. The book mentioned that most of the time transfusions only test for the abo, especially if its expected to be a one time transfusion. However, they test for more specific antigens if one is expected to need them more than that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables