Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vibram Five Finger
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 26, 2011 04:33PM

If you're interested in these shoes and are anything like me you probably can't figure out how to decide on what kind would suit you best. I just found a site that has a free downloadable guide.
[birthdayshoes.com]
They also have some info on shoes that are similar to the 5 fingers but less expensive and more general use rather than for specific sports. They make kids sizes as well. I'm thinking about getting those for the myself and at least the boy, he has high arches just like me and chronic shin and knee problems but it's so hard to find a really good shoe for kids that doesn't break the bank.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vibram Five Finger
Date: January 26, 2011 04:52PM

And here are the socks
[www.travelcountry.com]
apparently help with the stinky feet connundrum of wearing shoes without socks!

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: January 26, 2011 08:16PM

Cool!

I have looked at these quite a few times in the past, but hesitated on ordering them online because of getting the size correct...

Date: January 26, 2011 08:40PM

I know, it's freaky to buy shoes you haven't been able to try on first.
I've actually been in Toronto twice this month but haven't had the time to go to a shop that carries VFF's either time! Bummer.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 26, 2011 08:52PM

I just bought shoes recently. I saw the vibram five finger there. I thought they were cute, but I woundered about the socks. I thought it looked strange, but cool also. I guess they give your feet more freedom of movement. Seems like the fit would be even more important.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 27, 2011 01:18AM

im thinking of getting the KSO's eventually, those socks that where linked though... as far as I can tell, thats for 1 single pair? I mean for all intents and purposes, that kinda makes them more expensive than the shoes:/...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: January 27, 2011 03:38AM

$11 bucks? After reading the review on how stinky those shoes get and how to wash them and hang them to dry etc etc I think I'll splurge on some socks to go with them. Seems worth it to me. Last thing I want to do after a work out is hand scrub my foot gear.

Date: January 27, 2011 06:06AM

$12, a pair... and any gentle anti-bacterial should be fine on those shoes... Id love the socks as I thnk it would be more comfortable with them... but there has to be some sort of alternative somewhere than a $12 pair of socks, a 1 week supply would cost $84, I prefer not to wash clothes more than once a week maximum, I usually go two weeks... and I plan when I own a pair someday to wear them most of the time, I want the KSO's so thats basically the same price as the shoes for just socks... although those socks sound pretty awesome...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 27, 2011 12:50PM

Them getting stinky is actually an issue.
[birthdayshoes.com]
You definately won't be able to wear them every day if you go sock free, maybe not even if you wear socks. They take over a day to dry even in a warm airing cupboard and it seems as if after the first few days you'll be washing them daily or smelling very funky indeed!

Date: January 27, 2011 07:24PM

I wasn't disputing that at all coco, not even a little bit, id still clean them probably once a week even when using socks, im just saying there has to be a better option than socks that cost the same amount as the shoes for 1 weeks worth...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 27, 2011 08:39PM

Well, it sure would be easier to wash the socks out nightly than the shoes! They would dry in a flash too. Don't know how long they'd hold up to daily wearing though.

Date: January 28, 2011 06:38PM

they are supposed to handle daily wearing, at least the KSO's and the ones meant for running, and better... since most runners run every day... and yeah, the socks would be easier to wash out every night, drying by morning though is unlikely without the use of an actual dryer... which just seems way to much of a pain in the butt and way to much extra cost for one pair of socks... if one buys KSO's (what id probably get) and these socks, thats $170 not counting tax... id rather walk barefoot with rags on my feet,lol...

I shall look for some cheaper alternative... I would have previously, but ive been sick, and im finally feeling better...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 28, 2011 07:18PM

[www.instructables.com]

from what ive read online, these are the best deal for quality vs price, thinner than the injinji, but far far cheaper.
[cgi.ebay.com]

Many people are suggesting that a person buy one pair injinji for when they do anything rather intense, and socks like these for casual wear. (note: at first I thought it was 10 pairs, as Im used to dealing with socks that list number of pairs, not number of socks, but I think this is just 5 pairs... if so, im less impressed with their price:/, especially since ive seen toe socks at wal-mart for $1-$2 a pair, I wish I could try one pair of these to see how they are...)

Also, from what ive heard, injinji are made in china... I know that matters to some people, less so to others, I personally dont care usually, but thought some may find that info pertinent, although they do still seem to be the best option for toe sucks when it comes to running (if one doesnt consider the price.)

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables