Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Brain Reacts to Cellphones
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 24, 2011 01:57AM

I wonder if I'm the only one on the board who doesn't own a cell phone.

[online.wsj.com]

"Cellphone use appears to increase brain activity in regions close to where the phone antenna is held against the head, according to a new study, but researchers said the implications for health are still unknown.

The study is the first to demonstrate that radiation from the devices has a direct impact on some brain cells, and is likely to fuel a long-running debate over the safety of cellular phones."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brain Reacts to Cellphones
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 24, 2011 03:01AM

lol, I was about to post this same thing, but I was going to link to the wired article...
[www.wired.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 24, 2011 03:06AM

I own one but never use it; I've accrued $355 in rollover minutes. The guys at the AT&T store actually laugh at me. A few years ago, the Canadain consumer watchdog show Marketplace did a special on cell phones and childrens' brain development and that convinced me to use the thing only for emergencies. It's about time the rest of the studies caught up!

Date: February 24, 2011 03:21AM

one of those pay as you go phones may be more useful for you then, where you only pay when you use it, but its like 5-10 cents a minute depending on the plan...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 24, 2011 03:33AM

Unfortunately my daughter has one, but she's only allowed to do texting with it. We pay Virgin Mobil $25 a month for unlimited texting and 300 minutes. On a monthly basis. Good deal.

Date: February 24, 2011 03:39AM

yeah, I guess, better texting than having it next to her brain!!!

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 24, 2011 04:23AM

I have one but have a wired earpiece (none of that bluetooth put-the-receiver-right-inside-your-ear-canal business for me!) and I hardly ever, ever use it. It's for texting (very minimal) and so the boy's school can find me if I'm not home and that's all. I actually find phones annoying, land line included. I don't want to be reachable all the dang time, it's too much! No one has any privacy or patience anymore. Everyone is so frikken self important answering their phones on the bus and crap "Oh hi, what's up? Me, oh nothing..." This is worth what exactly? Call me back when you actually have something to say.

Date: February 24, 2011 06:43AM

I feel the same, at least about phones and myself, I am not a fan, I like being reachable, I just dont like phones?lol...a kindle with the ability to text peoples phones or email would be the ultimate piece of technology for me...hahaha...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 24, 2011 02:25PM

[sigh]I wish I could get rid of my land line and just use e-mail and a cell phone(I hate texting, but don't like putting that thing next to my head either), but there are a couple dozen people that know to reach me only at this home phone number--my family's had it for forty years!

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: February 24, 2011 02:59PM

i use wireless phone and feel great.here is how i keep myself in check.buy a cheap phone like very simple phone gives off less microwaves than the iphone,blackberry,etc.the blackberry give off 500 time more microwaves radiation. NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT LEARN ABOUT EARTHING. are bodyies absorb all kinds of positive ions(bad IONS). by walking bare foot we absorb negative ions.they cancel out the positive.THE longer you stay in the field(negative ions) the better.also take atomidine iodine.the thyroid is effected by phone too.they have earthing blankets that work great.keeps you in field extra long time.i don't have the time to list the benefits of earthing.just yahoo earthing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables