Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What type of clay should I buy for my face?
Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: May 03, 2011 05:34PM

I'd like to try bentonite clay on my face and wanted to know what brand others here use. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What type of clay should I buy for my face?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 03, 2011 07:15PM

Any sort of bentonite clay is terrific. I have also used a French white clay that is absolutely amazing. That sort also comes in green and grey but neither can touch the white, it's the best clay I've ever used.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 05, 2011 01:21AM

fruitylou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd like to try bentonite clay on my face and
> wanted to know what brand others here use.
There is only one Calcium Bentonite Clay with strong
pulling power, and that is Pascalite. It's good for your
mouth too...tightens the Gums. I've tried all the clays, so I
feel I speak with experience.
I buy Pascalite by the 16-ounce bottle...easier to store than
the bag.
Why don't you try an 8-ounce bottle?.....WY

[www.pascalite.com]

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: May 05, 2011 07:23PM

I use a product called Aztec Secret Indian Healing CLay.

Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: May 07, 2011 01:28AM

Ahhh, I ordered the Aztec Secret clay the other day from iHerb, it had rave reviews. Wish I would've learned about Pascalite beforehand though.

Do you like it, Cora?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 07, 2011 12:17PM

I love the Aztec clay! I was very incredulous at first, but it does work.

Date: May 07, 2011 04:31PM

I like it. Honestly I don't use it much just because I don't really have oily skin, and while I like the pore cleansing properties, it really dries my skin out if I leave it on too long. It's such an intensely cool feeling though, the way it tightens and "pulses" on your face. smiling smiley I just have to make sure to remove it before it's totally dry and tight and then put something really moisturizing like coconut oil on afterwards.

What's been helping my skin lately more than anything else is dry facial brushing.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 07, 2011 05:57PM

I think I have French Clay AND Bentonite. Does anyone know if there's a clay which is actually moisturizing? I thought I heard so. I am just over a cold and I have a lot of flaking skin around the nose area that is not responding to moisturizer...(I even went by Whole Foods and tried some of the $49 sample lotions and it didn't work, LOLwinking smiley)

Date: May 08, 2011 01:53AM

Have you tried vaseline? It is inert, creates a barrier that prevents anything irritating the skin and allows it to moisturize and heal itself. Give it a try, I think you'll be surprised.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 08, 2011 05:37PM

banana who,

Vaseline is a good suggestion basically, but I have found that because it's a petroleum byproduct, for me, it ends up having an astringent affect over time. I used organic extra virgin olive oil around my nose during my recent freak virus infection and the scabbiness cleared up in no time. I use evoo on a cotton ball to remove eye makeup, too, and the skin around my eyes is in really good shape as a result!

Date: May 08, 2011 06:53PM

I use grapeseed oil in the same way. As soon as I discovered this I felt silly for buying those chemical eye makeup removers all those years. :\ Just rub a little oil over your mascara, wipe off with a cloth, and done.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 08, 2011 07:44PM

Thanks, gals! I have tried the Vaseline. I might break it out again. It didn't seem to do much but I'll give it another go. I actually have found that sesame oil is pretty good at absorbing into the skin. Yesterday I bought some coconut oil, too, so maybe after a shower when my face is still wet I'll slather some on.

Date: May 08, 2011 07:54PM

Oils like jojoba and squalene (the one from olives, NOT the one from shark liver!) and argon oil are exceedingly good for the skin, very close to our own oils so absorbable and healing. Vaseline is a cheap alternative that works though. My friend has the worst case of chickenpox imaginable right now (actually, it might be pox plus an allergic reaction to the medication she's taking for her pox related pneumonia) and has found some relief using vaseline. Arugula suggested that to me so you know it's got to be wise smiling smiley.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables