Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Strep Throat sad smiley
Posted by: Werewolf ()
Date: January 29, 2009 03:18PM

Argh, I'm not as invincible as I thought! I'm so sick, and I'm pretty sure I have Strep Throat, because someone I live with had it just a little bit ago. I'm going to the doctor's today, so I should be finding out for sure pretty soon.

I've been eating even healthier since it all started, but I wonder if that's enough. I know that the modern medicine solution to strep throat is anti-biotics. I really don't want to take anti-biotics if I don't have to, though, because as many of you know, anti-biotics are completely indiscriminate in the bacteria they kill. You end up losing a lot of the healthy bacteria in your digestive system.

I know that strep throat can get a LOT worse if untreated, though...

So, should I just bite the bullet and take the anti-biotics? If I do, how long will it take to recover the healthy bacteria in my stomach? Will the lack of these bacteria make eating raw foods any, um, harder?

Thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Strep Throat sad smiley
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 29, 2009 06:25PM

Werewolf,

True Colloidal silver, kiddo! Works well without killing your innards. I hear Miracle Minerals can also be useful in such a case. Keep eating well and get lots of sleep. Good luck.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 30, 2009 02:29AM

A clove of garlic in your mouth for the day in your cheek I hear will knock
out most sore throats. hope you feel better soon.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 30, 2009 04:09AM

Colloidal silver is not without risks , research the side effects argyria, not to say the occaisional taking of this will cause problems but its something to be aware of

Id suggest lots of rest, and lots of water, and pro-biotics if anything

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 31, 2009 09:58PM

Jgunn,

True colloidal silver is quite safe. It also must be special ordered from a mine processor, like Utopia Silver, as the stuff at the health food store is ionized silver, which isn't as potent. Gargling with colloidal silver[and then spitting it out] is perfect for a bacterial infection of the throat. I must have had strep throat 12 times as a child, so these days I refuse to even TALK about antibiotics with my doctor. Shell shock!

That said, rest and garlic can't hurt smiling smiley

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: January 31, 2009 10:41PM

strep throat can be dangerous. Do you have a fever?
If you choose to take the ABT's. eat yogurt-Greek style, or take probiotics, as mentioned. The garlic is great if it works on your infection. Suggest drinking pure cranberry juice too. Gargle with 1/ 2 strength hydrogen peroxide-it really helps! best wishes, Janice

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: February 27, 2009 08:35AM

this is old, but spinach/carrot juice will give your throat a little relief.

i don't know why, but when i had tonsilitis it soothed the pain a lot and i think it reduced swelling.

good luck.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 13, 2009 03:57PM

Mix 1 or two tablespoons of ACV in a glass of water and use this to gargle twice every hour. Rinse your mouth out after each gargle, as the vinegar is very acidic and bad for your teeth.

I've heard ACV can knock out the strep bacteria in 24 hours if you do this - I don't know if it's true, but the last time I had a sore throat, I used this method and it did go away in 24 hours.

Posted by: happyhouse ()
Date: May 24, 2009 10:14AM

Hello

Obviously this is a good three months after your strep in your throat, but still, i'll respond for the sake of posterity.

Strep can scale itself up in a small amount of time and become quite a problem - at which time anti biotics are really the only course of action.

Even though the strep may appear localized within the throat, often it can become systemically manifest in a short period of time.

A new product to hit the health scene is called Miracle Mineral Supplement, and when activated liberates a compound called chlorine dioxide. It is one of the most anti bacterial, anti viral and anti parasitic in nature, and is the perfect adjunct to any acute methodology of treatment.

I would suggest to read of the many testimonials from [www.mmshealthyforlife.com] and if interested in purchasing, then the site [www.mmshealthy4life.com] has proven itself reputable over the years...

Hope this helps...

Kind regards...

Adam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables