Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gout
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: May 17, 2009 07:50PM

Hi.
Does anyone have any experience with gout?
And if a raw diet can help with that?

Vinny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gout
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 17, 2009 08:04PM

Check out the section on gout in this chapter called Constitutional Affections.

Date: May 18, 2009 05:17PM

Thanks Bryan!
The site covers info on Natural hygene,which I have suspected to be the basis of the raw diet.And the way to stay clear of most ailments.

Vinny

Posted by: happyhouse ()
Date: May 24, 2009 08:16AM

Hello Vinny

My experience of Gout is that it is a condition driven by acidity within the body, and that past a certain point, it will precipitate out of solution and cause issues within the joints of the body.

Food is the biggest acidifier of the body, closely followed by alcohol. Meats and grains tend to break down into highly acidic constituents, such as aracodonic and uric acid, placing an undue stress upon the kidneys and eliminatory organs of the body. Alcohol and sugar based foods break down via different pathways, but the end result is acidic by products left within the body.

As 97% of food is broken down into acidic counterparts, just swapping over to a raw diet is sometimes not enough unless intelligently done.

I would suggest precipitating a healing crisis within your body and eliminate the residue and acidic by products that will remain in your body unless you remove them - at least this will give you an error of margin with your endogenous acid levels.

The compound MMS is a chlorine dioxide based protocol that will begin detoxing your body first via killing of pathogenic stressors such as parasites and viral loads. Other people's personal experience regarding this product can be found at [www.mmshealthyforlife.com] and can be sourced at [www.mmshealthy4life.com]

Drinking ionized alkaline water at 2 - 3 litres per day also helps allot as well - I would look into such a machine, as it micro clusters the water molecules, and penetrates the body's tissues more deeply...

I hope this helps...

Kind regards...

Adam

Date: May 24, 2009 03:24PM

Adam,thanks for the info!!
Yes,I am trying to keep my body way on the alkaline end of the scale.
My toe still wont take full weight,even 3 weeks after the initial gout attack.
Its a nasty condition that will rob you of alot of mobility.

Vinny

Date: June 22, 2009 02:03PM

Update:
Gout cured.

Method used:
Raw foods.

Vinny

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 22, 2009 03:16PM

That's great Vinny! Congrats!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 22, 2009 04:01PM

great job Vinny ! smiling smiley

I have an uncle with bad gout , can you explain a bit more what you did smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 22, 2009 06:05PM

smiling smiley
Thanks.
My diet was,and will be:
One liter of water upon awakening.(distilled)
A melon smoothie for breakfast with some lecithin,ginger,and nutmeg (talk about yummy)
Salad for lunch with about 12 different ingredients including kale and cabbage and parsley.
Almonds and sunflower seeds.
Another liter of water with a fresh lemon squeezed in it.
More salad for supper.
A bowl of cherries and strawberries for night snack.

Plus I supplemented with about 5000 mg of C a day,and cod liver and flax oil.
Of course this diet excludes all meat and dairy,but I opted to eliminate GRAINS too as they are know to be an immune system irritator .

I've never felt better.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2009 06:07PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 22, 2009 10:20PM

Hmmm, Vinny, practically everything on your list is anti-inflammatory. Good job!

Date: June 22, 2009 11:03PM

Yes that was the goal.
I did alot of reading about what foods irritate you and which ones dont.

Thanks.

Date: January 12, 2010 12:30AM

Now 7 months later and no more gout attacks!

Vinny

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2010 08:35AM

Several biochemical and metabolic reactions are taking place inside the body. These reactions produce a number of toxic substances which need to be removed in order to stay healthy. Uric acid is one such substance which is a byproduct of several reactions. More than prescribed quantities of uric acid cause its deposition of its crystals at various joints such as knees, toes and kidneys. This condition is referred to as gout and causes severe sufferings to the patients. Gout information includes its causes, symptoms, prevention and cure.

Uric acid can exceed either because of incomplete excretion due to malfunctioning of kidneys or may increase due to intake of certain substances. It results in severe pain in joints, change in skin color and loss in appetite. Proper intake of liquids such as water and regular exercise can help prevent gout. Several gout medications are available but they all are said to have serious and harmful side effects. Natural gout remedies have got popular because of their positive effects and no side effects. These natural gout remedies are simple and convenient to take and have quick and better effects than gout medicines.

Vegetables and their juices have substances that nullify or neutralize the effect of uric acid and convert it into some other harmless substance. A mixture of carrot juice, beet juice and cucumber juice in the ratio 3:1:1 makes a good gout remedy for patients. This juice prepared by using raw vegetables is said to treat patients with severe gout conditions. About half liters of this juice should be consumed daily for complete gout treatment. Gout patients are advised to consume cherries, as they are an effective source of neutralizing uric acid and curing gout. About twenty fresh cherries can be taken in the initial days of the disease and later on the number can be reduced to half. What is more important is that this gout remedy needs to be consumed daily till the time gout is fully cured. In case of non availability of fresh cherries, canned ones can be used.

In case of severe and serious cases, a combination of water and orange juice is considered to the best in treating gout. The patient is kept on a sole diet of these fluids for a speedy and quick gout recovery. After the severity of symptoms reduces the patient can be given diet comprising of fruits for another couple of days. Juices and fruits help in prompt recovery of gout patients. Foods with high fat and carbohydrate contents are still to, be avoided. The patient has to be given a balanced diet accompanied by vegetables, fruits and sprouted grains in raw state for quick gout treatment.

Patients should strictly keep away from foods which tend to increase uric acid content of the body. These include tea, coffee, fried foods, meat, fish and eggs. All processed and canned foods have to be avoided for fast gout recovery.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 10, 2010 02:16PM

Nettle leaf is good for removing uric acid from the body.

Posted by: TaliaD ()
Date: December 02, 2011 10:48PM

Hi, I know this conversation happened a while ago but I was wondering if I could get some help.

I've never had gout before now, I'm pretty sure I have it in my knuckles of my right hand. It showed up about a month and a half ago and the weirdest thing is that I've been eating raw for 5 to 6 months with the occasional (once every 2 weeks or less) slice of meat. I don't eat any bread, sugar (even honey) and drink stinging Nettle tea once or twice a day and drink lots of water.

At first I thought my soreness was caused by the nettle tea...

Even though I'm confused about this I will continue drinking nettle tea, taking turmeric, vit. C, lots of water, celery, and exercise.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 03, 2011 01:49AM

When I first went raw I had classic gout in my big toe and had gout for a few years. I learned that a couple things aided me in getting rid of the uric acid crystals.

Burdock root (I took it in a tincture without alcohol) I took it for a about 4-6 months I think.

I also took Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar in apple juice or applesauce. 1-3 T a day. And I would soak in a bath of 1/2 bottle of it mixed in the water.

I also did my own green juices which I think helped a tremendous amount with lots of health issues.

I also have tried Nettle tincture which was pretty awesome. You could see my veins become really blue..lots of oxygen. I may just go find some of that again. But that was years after my gout had gone away.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables