Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ancient Minerals Magnesium & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 01, 2012 01:40PM

Just thought i would post this up incase it was of any benefit to others with undiagnosed health problems or chronic fatigue syndrome.

Transdermal Magnesium was a massive step in my recovery. It annoys me with great passion how regular doctors don't test red blood cell magnesium in those with chronic fatigue syndrome. They are much happier giving you beta blockers, anti-depressants to cover the symptoms, it was amazing how much my anxiety, palpitations and panic attacks lowered instantly with magnesium supplementation.

[vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2012 01:43PM by powerlifer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ancient Minerals Magnesium & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 01, 2012 09:01PM

I have been taking Magnesium for a couple years now. I just ran out, so I'll look into your recommendation for the trans-dermal magnesium. Depending on price I may try it.

Love,
Prism

Date: January 01, 2012 09:14PM

Hey Prism,

Transdermal Magnesium Oil is probably the best method other than IV for raising intracellular magnesium levels. I tried one bottle of a cheaper brand but personally don't think its anywhere near as good as the Ancient Minerals.

Same goes for the bath flakes, i used a cheaper brands magnesium bath oil and it was horrible. It even midly burned my skin where as i feel amazing from the Ancient Minerals Bath flakes. Personally the bath flakes are more expensive and what i would say is a commodity, unless you have a skin condition in which case you get better bang for your buck using the bath flakes.

Out of the oil and the spray oil i would say the oil is best, it has aloe vera added to it also.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 02, 2012 01:06AM

powerlifer,

Your posts are bginning to sound like they come from the proprieter of a luxury spa, LOL smiling smiley

Date: January 02, 2012 01:15AM

I went to look for the transdermal magnesium chloride and it was so confusing. There are many brands, and prices. As you say some cheaper than the Ancient Minerals site.

I also read that out of a 300 mg. supplement of magnesium oxide (the kind I take) you only absorb about 12 mgs. So no wonder when I really felt the need to take mega doses a few years ago I was taking 3000 mgs. and without diarrhea.

I did something today that had me eat more fat than usual and I got so lethargic and fuzzy brained. I took a nap and after it I still felt terrible so I juiced a head of romaine lettuce and a big whole cucumber for green juice, then ate an apple. I was so not thinking during juicing that I used a handle of a plastic spatula to use as a plunger and of course it got scraped a bit, then I remembered the plunger to my juicer! After I drank the large glass of green juice it sure woke me up and made me feel so much better. I researched and of course greens have lots of magnesium. So instead of taking my usual mag oxide I'm going to do a large glass of fresh green juice a day. I tried finding out how much magnesium approx. would be in a glass of green juice but couldn't find the info.

So what in the green juice pepped me up specifically I wonder?

The power of greens!

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2012 01:21AM by Prism.

Date: January 02, 2012 12:40PM

Haha i wish Tamukha smiling smiley.

Magnesium oxide is one of the poorest forms of mag and notorious for being poorly absorbed. Not only that but it neutralizes stomach acid which causes more problems with absorption.

As for the green juice it could have been any number of the goodies they contain which pepped you up. Green smoothies and juices are amazing. When i had adrenal fatigue i found them very supportive to my energy and would notice very large increases in energy even after a simple green smoothie.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: January 02, 2012 04:35PM

While reading different info. I found this site. I think it's interesting info. on sources of magnesium. I also learned there are different types of magnesium in our foods which I didn't know before.

[www.theherbprof.com]
Here's an excerpt:

"What Kind of Magnesium is in Your Magnesium Supplements?

Magnesium Form

Actually Is/ Often Used As

Magnesium Carbonate
A component of soil/ an antacid and laxative [9].

Magnesium Chloride
Magnesium ammonium chloride processed with HCL/ fireproofs wood; cathartic [9].

Magnesium Citrate
Magnesium carbonate processed with acids/ a cathartic [9].

Magnesium Oxide
Soil magnesium often concentrated by high heat/ an antacid, cement, and laxative [9].

Food Magnesium
Enzymatically processed plant/ only used as Food."

I'm not advocating buying their supplements ( haven't read enough there to find out how they treat their supplements). I just found the info. interesting.

I don't know if it's going to be easy for me to find 350 mgs. (minimum) of magnesium in my raw foods on a daily basis without taking magnesium supps.

If you have a combo fresh juice recipe or smoothie that has plenty of food magnesium let me know. I really have a high need for magnesium.

Love,
Prism

Date: January 02, 2012 05:45PM

I know you mentioned greens but do you have a small daily serving of any nuts and seeds. Most nuts and seeds are good sources of magnesium.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: January 02, 2012 07:20PM

Yes, I was just looking that info up again. I have not been eating nuts and seeds like I usually have. I love sunflower and pumpkin seeds, almonds and cashews. Those are the ones that have a high content of magnesium.

Sapoty Brooks says to eat 2 handfuls of nuts and seeds daily and that pumpkin seeds are great due to the amount of zinc they contain. I looked his core diet up again before I shopped and I did get those items he says to have daily as a minimum.

I have for my fresh juice, romaine lettuce, spinach, celery, and carrots. I make around 12-14 oz. of juice.

I really enjoy this thread and it's motivated me to get back to making my own green juices. Thanks Powerlifer! It was a new yr. goal and you've helped me achieve it..and right on time too since yesterday was my first day juicing after a few months.

Love,
Prism

Date: January 02, 2012 07:25PM

Not a problem mate, glad it inspired yousmiling smiley.

I usually eat pumpkin seeds daily as it hits two of my important dietary goals i.e the zinc you mentioned and magnesium. I was very deficient in zinc for years and this is what contributed to my severe adrenal fatigue. Zinc is very important for adrenal gland hormone production and low zinc and high copper which is its antagonist can cause adrenal fatigue. Low libido, hair loss, poor immunity, white specks on nails/ridges and stretch marks are also common symptoms of zinc deficiency.

I sometimes even suppplement zinc citrate or zinc rich herbs now and again to make sure my zinc levels are optimal. Copper is rather abundant in a vegan diet.

The ancient minerals magnesium also have trace minerals present so some of the benefit may be coming from that.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables